Author Topic: Captain Zippy's Urbanmech Cavalry  (Read 54354 times)

serack

• Lieutenant
Re: Captain Zippy's Urbanmech Cavalry
« Reply #90 on: 05 February 2014, 08:25:49 »
 >:D

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #91 on: 05 February 2014, 16:30:02 »
I switched to have all the vehicles onto the Hamilcar as I will be using this as a base of operations on the ground. The Lepoard and Broardsword are back up in space to provide ASF duties. In addition to Cap'n Zippy's unit and my own, there are 7 Unions, a Union-C and four other Lepoards, one being a CV. Also included in this Liberation are a Fury, a Condor, a pair of Buccaneers and 3 Triumphs.

Mara~ I had the twin "ASF"s cargo drop over 200 tons using the standard Inner Sphere container. ( 12mx2.5mx2.5m ) Picked up and stored onboard the Hamilcar. Since it has 8 bays for repair, instant field base. The Polka Lance is here providing ADA and other support. Next Mission is to attempt to drive off the Word Militia.

TT

Update: Unable to play last weekend will try to this one. Using the 2 CF 10-ton Cargo Containers for cargo. 210 tons of cargo dropped in the intial drop. Am currently waiting for play tme. Using the Mech recovery Vehicles and Cobras to " carry " all the unit to and from the battlefields.
« Last Edit: 13 February 2014, 17:49:17 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #92 on: 14 February 2014, 13:50:52 »
This is ace..

Curious about P.U.B. now as well.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #93 on: 22 February 2014, 23:36:32 »
Cap'n Zippy to the rescue! Operation: Bakers Dozen was a hit.

After securing the landing site for future use, Zippy went on a POW rescue. Fortune smiled as the Urbanmech CAV stomped on some Word.

Aftermath: Only losing a single Urbanmech to Hetzer counterfire, Captain Zippy fought off two full Level II worth of Inferno SRM Infantry with some Armor support. Paired Hetzer (LBX), Light SRM Carrier (Inferno loads) and paired Demon (PPC). Rescuing the daughter of the resistance leader, Zippy and Company are in fine order.

Mara: Wondering why I have 210 tons of cargo? There supplies and four complete Urbanmechs packed as cargo. Evil thinking?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #94 on: 23 February 2014, 21:15:42 »
TrueTanker: are you running the OpFor? Or is someone else running it?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #95 on: 25 February 2014, 18:39:07 »
5 players, 6 simultaneous mini-games : 1 Campaign, which there are 12 more battles. Some with Cap'n Zippy by themselves, others with them supporting.

I'm controlling Zippy and supporting in another mini-game. Each turn is controlled by someone new. Our units are to defeat the enemy or in case of failure, attempt to route them. I am playing conservatively, like withdrawing after 30% or more armor, jammed weapon or 50% pilot damage. As OpFor for other units, I tend to go all out. The other 4 players are doing the same. Cap'n Zippy can handle a Level II Medium mechforce or a Level II Heavy tank one. Anything else over that and they retreat, if they do not have support themselves.

The damaged Urbie has been repaired, pilot recuperating. Next mission is to push the Word from the waterway dockyards.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #96 on: 26 February 2014, 02:17:30 »
5 players, 6 simultaneous mini-games : 1 Campaign, which there are 12 more battles. Some with Cap'n Zippy by themselves, others with them supporting.

I'm controlling Zippy and supporting in another mini-game. Each turn is controlled by someone new. Our units are to defeat the enemy or in case of failure, attempt to route them. I am playing conservatively, like withdrawing after 30% or more armor, jammed weapon or 50% pilot damage. As OpFor for other units, I tend to go all out. The other 4 players are doing the same. Cap'n Zippy can handle a Level II Medium mechforce or a Level II Heavy tank one. Anything else over that and they retreat, if they do not have support themselves.

The damaged Urbie has been repaired, pilot recuperating. Next mission is to push the Word from the waterway dockyards.

TT

True Tanker: have you had Captain Zippy's unit do a Combat Drop on the enemy yet?

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #97 on: 26 February 2014, 18:39:46 »
Not yet, but I do have a support role comming up where a CD might be handy...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #98 on: 27 February 2014, 04:15:59 »
Needs MOAR TAG

Actually heading into the Dark Age I'd expect 'Mechs to switch over to higher quality. I also just did some looking around, and for some strange reason the Urbie has never had an upgrade to DHS, which is both weird and disappointing, so you can't say that after year x all UrbanMechs have to have switched over to DHS, necessitating re-design/customization of existing models, primarily a switch over to energy weapons (A merc's favorite) across the board. Personally I'm partial to the iHLL or HLL or simply twined LL

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #99 on: 27 February 2014, 17:19:18 »
most urbies don't generate enough heat to need DHS..

misterpants

• Warrant Officer
  • Bringing you the beats and grooves of Xin Sheng
« Reply #100 on: 27 February 2014, 20:44:42 »
Posting my love for Urbie Cavalry.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #101 on: 27 February 2014, 22:29:15 »
most urbies don't generate enough heat to need DHS..

give it a blazer :-)
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #102 on: 28 February 2014, 03:58:25 »
Yeah, Urbie's really need an update to DHS and the modern energy weapons it enables. If you don't want more range the the AC/10 they traditionally carry I'm very partial to twin LL

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #103 on: 28 February 2014, 10:43:44 »
yeah double larges is good, I would go for one in each side torso just to avoid losing both
in one shot

but I like the blazer for a 3025 headcapper
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #104 on: 28 February 2014, 23:17:15 »
It wouldn't work out, a Blazer is 9 tons and 16 heat, the R60 has 11 SHS and 13 tons locked up in that AC/10 and ammo, that means it can carry the Blazer and 15 SHS, not enough

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #105 on: 28 February 2014, 23:18:27 »
only one plus move in 3025 thats an icebox  :-)
“Toe jam in training”

JA Baker

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #106 on: 01 March 2014, 01:50:36 »
Your forgetting about the SL

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #107 on: 01 March 2014, 04:04:07 »
Your forgetting about the SL

You mean the weapon you only use after the AC is blown off or bingo ammo?

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #108 on: 01 March 2014, 23:15:58 »
Needs MOAR TAG

Actually heading into the Dark Age I'd expect 'Mechs to switch over to higher quality. I also just did some looking around, and for some strange reason the Urbie has never had an upgrade to DHS, which is both weird and disappointing, so you can't say that after year x all UrbanMechs have to have switched over to DHS, necessitating re-design/customization of existing models, primarily a switch over to energy weapons (A merc's favorite) across the board. Personally I'm partial to the iHLL or HLL or simply twined LL
The IIC doesn't have DHS?
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #109 on: 02 March 2014, 18:14:58 »
No, standard 10.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #110 on: 05 March 2014, 00:18:15 »
Captain Zippy was routed, losing five Urbies to a Level III of Manei Domini. The unit was waiting in 6 special buildings that looked ok for Intel. All members are safe, but I am down to literally half my force. Good salvage, but nothing for the hardships. I will be recuperating and repair using all my resources available. I do have a Firesupport mssion coming up, Polka Dot Lance has a date, think I'll run Zippy's Star as support of that. ( After I swap out a few damaged mechs that is.)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #111 on: 06 March 2014, 02:42:16 »
Wait, you took a reinforced company against a MANEI DOMINI Level III?

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #112 on: 06 March 2014, 04:34:29 »
Wait, you took a reinforced company against a MANEI DOMINI Level III?

You forgot: Of Urbanmechs.. And, it seems he did not use the Command Lance plus Zippy, or Polka Dot
Lance directly. So, it was 2 Lances against a Manei Domini Level III...and he *only* lost 5 'mechs..
That he got Salvage out of it implies that he actually pulled off a victory!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #113 on: 06 March 2014, 18:21:01 »
Well I ran Cap'n Zippys 13 mechs minus the Polka-Dot Lance, had support of a Battalion of Infantry, mostly Foot, used Inferno and LRM fire, combined with three companies of Heavy-Assualt tanks. Another three companies of Medium-Heavy tanks with a friendly company of Vtols.

Zippy lead the charge into the city to scout and have fun with any tank / BA / infantry around. UNTILL they got into the middle of that city, I didn't realize that the 6 buildings had the Level II MD assualt mechs.

There are 5 players, 6 simultanious games I run Zippy, the others ( 2 ) are running the OpFor, the friendlies are being played by the other guys in support ( 2 ).

I got most of both Level II tanks ( 4 and 5 ), and some of the Demon BA ( 3 squads ) and a single Tau Zombie Squad, before the trap was sprung. Then it was a massive rout / retreat. Took a stand as I couldn't get out of range and took down an Awesome and a Stalker. They in return took out three of the Urbies by themselves. Lost a leg on another from one of the Atlases. Combined fire, and complete destructon, by a company of Bulldog / Goblin carring Infantry destroyed that Atlas. Headshots by a flight of Warrior-H-7A took out the other Atlas, but were forced down the Awesome, the last Stalker was put down but the damage. The MD mechs laid waste every building with-in 20 hexes, waliking into them, diliburate kicks. No target? Shoot the buildngs!

All in all, Zippy is alive, 2 mechwarriors were picked up by friendly evac. 2 mechs are gonna need some new CTs, Gyros, Engines and 3 need new Cockpits. Lucky I " cargoed " some stuff.

Salvage:
5 Ontos ( 2 MML and 3 Lt. Gauss )
1 Demolisher II-X
Lots of Standard Armor
3 Medium Lasers

TT
Unit link... before I forget again: Level III Badass Mama
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,31503.0.html
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #114 on: 10 March 2014, 12:08:35 »
looks like capt. zippy has been having some discussions with procurement..

i want one..

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #115 on: 11 March 2014, 17:16:23 »
Be funnier if the boy had Pope-style hat on.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #117 on: 31 March 2014, 15:05:11 »
looks like capt. zippy has been having some discussions with procurement..

i want one..

So wrong and yet well me too
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #118 on: 16 May 2014, 09:20:17 »
Be funnier if the boy had Pope-style hat on.

TT

He does have my hairstyle when I keep it cut short....

There's always the Partial Wing Urbie that jumps/flies at a 5/8/8(10) profile.
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:37:55 PM) moonsword134: You're a bastard.
(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

Quikscell_Legal

• Private
« Reply #119 on: 18 September 2014, 12:02:10 »
Okay, so I've gone out and made a rather suitable OpFor for the CZUC...

Introducing, the Word of Blake 37th Division, Urban Defense Detachment.

Will be getting down to do some cockpit jewelling, weapon swaps and tactical markings on them to tell them apart soon; once I get myself some vehicular and infantry support.