Author Topic: (Answered) Putting Capital and Sub-capital weapons on 'Mechs  (Read 2945 times)

Prince of Darkness

• Lieutenant
As I have done in this thread here, I have shoved an entire sub-capital laser into a superheavy 'mech, and I'm planning on trying for several more.  Looking at the tables, these are the capital/sub capital lasers and launchers that can (tonnage-wise) be fitted onto a chassis (Note that for capital missiles, they must be able to load at least one missile):

Missiles:
  • Swordfish
  • Stingray
  • Piranha
  • Barracuda
  • Barracuda-T
  • Screen Launcher (For what it's worth)

Lasers:
  • Sub-Capital Laser/1

Could these have any critical slots planned for them?  Can they?  And could such a design be considered "legal"?
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 01:59:07 by Xotl »
Cowdragon:
I'm going to type up your response, print it, fold it in half, and look at it like a I would a centerfold. THAT's how sexy your answer was.

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Putting Capital and Sub-capital weapons on 'Mechs
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2011, 17:15:53 »
Hello,

Per page 343 of Tactical Operations Sub-Capital weapons can only be mounted on Support vehicles, DropShips, JumpShips, Space Stations, WarShips and Mobile Structures.

While their weight may be supportable by a Super Heavy, but these weapons are not designed to fit into even the spacious structure of a SH.

Thank you,
Joel BC
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Register