Author Topic: Missing Worlds (again :-) )  (Read 3033 times)

Harry

• Corporal
Missing Worlds (again :-) )
« on: 13 November 2011, 14:30:34 »
Hi Writers,

I am rereading the stories of the Gray Death Legion again and stumbled over some worlds that are mentioned nowhere else. I know that these information comes from a time when BattleTech was young and not everything was defined. But I just want to know if there are any new information (or if there ever will be).

Drune II - mentioned as a Commonwealth Base in Decision at Thunder Rift, p. 174. The German edition translates this with the known world of Beta VII. Is this the solution?

Drovahchein II - mentioned as the capital world of the Erit cluster and home of House Mailai in DaTR, p. 68. Any news on this one?

Chekaar - Duke Ricol's capital, mentioned in DaTR, p. 242. I just saw that the German book translates this again as the known world of Kaesong. Are there any more news about Ricol's first Duchy before Rasalhague's independence?

Calaeras - Grayson Carlyle's homeworld as of the Gray Death Legion Scenario pack, p.10.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: 13 November 2011, 14:41:30 by Harry »

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
Re: Missing Worlds (again :-) )
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2011, 16:10:09 »
Hi,

as a general rule, any "missing" Great House world mentioned post-3020s is deemed to be a secondary system some place, or an alternative name to a world, since the 3025 maps from FASA are deemed to be 'complete'. We don't have inhabited Great House (or major periphery) systems that are not shown on the maps.

The holdings of nobility has never been clearly nailed down, mostly because it can be rewarded at a whim of a ruler, and can be as small, or as large as said ruler wants.

With regards,
Øystein

Harry

• Corporal
Re: Missing Worlds (again :-) )
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2011, 16:29:50 »
Hey, thank you Øystein for your quick reply.
That is good to know.
But do you know of the German translations are correct?