Author Topic: Request for the sale of figures pre-painted  (Read 1354 times)

agresor

Request for the sale of figures pre-painted
« on: 20 November 2011, 04:50:05 »
The plan is to make a request to Iron Wind Metals and Ral Partha so that they sell miniatures pre-painted of BT for many fans that we no have neither time nor abilities manuals to paint our figures.I would propose that each figure could be acquired in 10 generic paint schemes: Arctic , Tropical , Deserted , Urban , Volcanic , Earthy , Aquatic , Marshy , Herbaceous and Rocky.
« Last Edit: 20 November 2011, 04:52:44 by agresor »

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Request for the sale of figures pre-painted
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2011, 04:56:38 »
Unfortunately it's unlikely to be economical. For IWM, a mini which sells a couple of hundred copies is a big seller. The companies used by WizKids to make & paint their minis require orders in terms of thousands to be worth their while setting up a production line. And no, IWM doesn't have the money to make thousands of minis and pay to get them painted on the off-chance they might sell. It's a lovely idea, but unlikely to happen in the short run. This is a very niche hobby, alas.

That said, there are some very simple ways to get some good tabletop-ready results with minimal skill & effort. Drop in to the "Tips and Tricks" sub-forum and look around, and feel free to ask questions. And look for threads mentioning "magic dip".

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Siberian-troll

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 20 November 2011, 05:28:37 »
The plan is to make a request to Iron Wind Metals and Ral Partha so that they sell miniatures pre-painted of BT for many fans that we no have neither time nor abilities manuals to paint our figures.I would propose that each figure could be acquired in 10 generic paint schemes: Arctic , Tropical , Deserted , Urban , Volcanic , Earthy , Aquatic , Marshy , Herbaceous and Rocky.

Some painters, like Amallor Myrrnyx, can be helpful to your problem, I think.

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: 20 November 2011, 13:16:39 »
Way I see it there are two options. Commission a painter (and there are really good ones on here), or start up an N-scale force where all the Wizkids stuff is prepainted.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 20 November 2011, 13:43:10 »
Prepainted would be nice, but what I'd like to see more of is minis that require no assembly.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem