Author Topic: Hammerhands Mech  (Read 3796 times)

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
Hammerhands Mech
« on: 17 December 2011, 03:06:03 »
Hmmm... so I finally realized the Hammerhands mech was originally one of my mech designs...

Did I ever get credit for it becoming canon? Was just curious...

The SRM was moved and the ammo to the arms from the legs but it was my mech.

-Mek
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Hammerhands Mech
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2011, 14:17:33 »
Hello,

I'm afraid I will need more information than that. Can you be more specific? Are we talking about statistics and such? Or fluff? Or the image? And can you provide any verifiable documentation to back this up?

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas
  BattleTech
  Catalyst Game Labs

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2011, 12:32:52 »
Hello,

I'm afraid I will need more information than that. Can you be more specific? Are we talking about statistics and such? Or fluff? Or the image? And can you provide any verifiable documentation to back this up?

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas
  BattleTech
  Catalyst Game Labs

I designed and named the original mech. I am glad it is being used, and I'm not looking for any compensation for it. I just wanted to get some credit for creating the mech and putting it into canon. Nothing more. I think one of my Megmek buddies took it and submitted it to be made into canon and it was.  All I wanted was some small part in the credits.

... and actually, if you like good fluff, I have way better fluff, though mostly fluff for command mechs made for a tourney, my fluffed mechs, released for public consumption mechs are here:

http://www.solaris7.com/TRO/HTMLBattleMech/BattlemechInfo.asp?ID=14847

http://www.solaris7.com/TRO/HTMLBattleMech/BattlemechInfo.asp?ID=15063

and to alleviate any confusion, these mechs were made for the Wakamole Tourney:

http://www.solaris7.com/Boards/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4385

but some of my mech designs reside there too under "Alpha Strikes Unlimited"

I think the fluff rocks, but I am, of course, partial.

-Mek

« Last Edit: 22 December 2011, 12:49:07 by McSlayer »
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

Precentor Martial

• Managing Developer
  • Catalyst Game Labs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2011, 13:33:32 »
Hmmm... so I finally realized the Hammerhands mech was originally one of my mech designs...

Did I ever get credit for it becoming canon? Was just curious...

The SRM was moved and the ammo to the arms from the legs but it was my mech.

-Mek

It looks like this is simply a case of simultaneous development. While the name and design may have ended up the same, I can assure you it was all fully created on our side.

1. First, the name of the BattleMech as we created it actually comes from Chris Hanrahan, owner-operator of End Game in California. We'd gotten to know him years and years ago and couldn't say his name very well the first few times out. We happen to say it one time and it came out relatively close to "hammerhands". We laughed it off, but from then on out every time we went to say his name internally, that's what we'd start to say. Chris is a huge BattleTech fan and for a lot of great advice he shared (not to mention just being a great guy), when we started working on this TRO, it was a perfect fit to use "Hammerhands" and name a 'Mech after him.

2. As for the design, I did that myself, and again, I can assure you it was simply me and several hours of poking at the design. However, since it was to be tied into the BattleAxe/Warhammer situation as described in one of the original BattleTechnology, I don't find it that surprising this may have occurred. The Hammerhands is simply a BattleAx/Warhammer with a Davion spin of their love of autocannons and better armor, while filling a 75-ton slot in the TRO3075 Davion section.

Hope that answers your questions.

Thanks!

Randall