Author Topic: Still Working on my "Peacetech" Project  (Read 7111 times)

Dayton3

• Lieutenant
Still Working on my "Peacetech" Project
« on: 29 December 2011, 01:05:08 »
For some time I've been working on a project to gather at least 200 viable work mech designs plus other futuristic civilian equipment that is better and more realistic and cooler looking than the stuff in the vehicle annex.

Right now I've got about 220 work mech designs and I'm working to cull out the weaker looking ones.

Just wanted to let people know.

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
Re: Still Working on my "Peacetech" Project
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2011, 07:27:53 »
I am interested in this.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2011, 09:05:59 »
sounds cool, will you be relasing this in some kind of fan compilation and in what format?
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Dayton3

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 29 December 2011, 09:33:10 »
sounds cool, will you be relasing this in some kind of fan compilation and in what format?

Still working on that.    Once I've decided on the appropriate ones I plan to scan them into the computer,  composite appropriate backgrounds for them...and then we'll see.   

It is amazing the great stuff out there when you use the words "work, construction, mining, recycling, security, exploration, civilian, and industrial" and combine them with "mechs, robots, walkers, or droids".

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 29 December 2011, 09:45:35 »
I think PDF as the file format is a fairly obvious choice. As for the format of the actual work I think a TRO style would be the most popular but that would be a hell of a lot of work for just one person.

It might be worth seeing if folk are interested in helping out.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #5 on: 29 December 2011, 11:56:57 »
...Please send me a copy!  I collect fan projects, and keep a list of the ones available here on the forum.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #6 on: 29 December 2011, 14:44:59 »
Do you accept designs from others? I have few I'd like to get in there...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Dayton3

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 29 December 2011, 14:46:35 »
...Please send me a copy!  I collect fan projects, and keep a list of the ones available here on the forum.

I'm looking forward to sharing.    At first I was hoping to only find 90 or so work mechs, but I wanted the number to rival the total number of battlemechs from several TROs.     After all given that logically the civilian sector would always be more extensive than the military sector.

Dayton3

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 29 December 2011, 14:47:54 »
Do you accept designs from others? I have few I'd like to get in there...

Absolutely!!   I would love to see them.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #9 on: 29 December 2011, 15:17:06 »
Here! I've written it to be used by militaries, but it doesn't mean it can't be elsewhere.

I'll look for more when I have time. Now I need go to sleep. BTW, do you accept 'Mech recovery vehicles? (Support Vehicles rules)
[edit]
Those could be used to transport IndustrialMechs in roads like in anime Patlabor The Mobile Police
« Last Edit: 30 December 2011, 13:54:56 by Matti »
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

greywolf79

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 29 December 2011, 16:38:28 »
I would like a copy of this... When done let me know for sure.
GreyWolf.

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 30 December 2011, 05:07:28 »
Wow... I don't think I've heard anyone mention this since the forum transfer last year.
Good to know it isn't dead yet, though. :p

Glory to the Combine Snow Lily Empire!

Davion_Boy_74

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #12 on: 30 December 2011, 07:12:26 »
I'm Happy to hear that you are still working on this project  O0 , and I would really like to get a copy of it once you are finished.

Dave.

Dayton3

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 24 January 2012, 17:52:21 »
Just wanted to update my project again. 

I decided to go through the 220 or so designs I collected and cull out the weaker or less well done ones.

I chipped it down to currently roughly 86 or so solidly good designs.     I'm hoping to add about 14 good designs to get 100 (which seems like a good round number) before I call this project "done".

Of the 86,   one of those is actually a very rough sketch that needs fleshing out but I included it for future work as the fundamentals of the design are so good that I wanted to  include it eventually.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #14 on: 25 January 2012, 13:51:40 »
I'll look for more when I have time. Now I need go to sleep. BTW, do you accept 'Mech recovery vehicles? (Support Vehicles rules)
[edit]
Those could be used to transport IndustrialMechs in roads like in anime Patlabor The Mobile Police
Aw frak, I had totally forgot about this! Here we go...
Heavy BattleMech Recovery Vehicle (multiple designs, please pick one posted in Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:34 pm)
Medium BattleMech Recovery Vehicle
Light BattleMech Recovery Vehicle

I have few other designs. I'll post them and link bit later

[edit]
Done:
Fuel truck
Hovertruck

Found designs in HDD, Zipped them and uploaded
« Last Edit: 25 January 2012, 14:03:31 by Matti »

Blacksheep

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #15 on: 26 January 2012, 07:37:59 »
Bookmarked O0

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #17 on: 26 March 2012, 02:50:53 »
Giving this a bump to ask if it is any closer to completion?

Dayton3

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 26 March 2012, 07:17:22 »
Giving this a bump to ask if it is any closer to completion?

I would like to say it was but I've run into considerable computer (and money) problems.   Still plugging when I can though.  Thanks.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 08 June 2012, 06:17:12 »
I'd like a copy when you get finished too.

Would a wheeled vehicle with Agricultural equipment on it be appropriate, as a Battletech version of a Combine Harvester?  Or is Agricultural equipment sufficiently generic to cover anything?

Dayton3

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 02 January 2013, 23:18:37 »
My project is in ruins.    My 100 chosen work mech designs survived my moving into a new house 150 miles away when I took a new job in ungodly August heat.

It survived my computer going down and a flash drive being lost.

It survived my house being flooded.   Twice in two days.

But it couldn't survive my own stupidity.   We had nearly a foot of snow after Christmas and the intense swirling winds blew a massive amount of snow into my carport.   Soaking several of my binders.    I thought the workmech binder that got soaked was my rejected designs.   So I tossed it.    Instead I discovered it was the designs I had decided to keep.

Now,  I'm down to starting over with about 30 designs I had in other locations.

Ah well.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2013, 23:21:30 by Dayton3 »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #21 on: 02 January 2013, 23:27:45 »
Ouch if you need a hand give us some perametres we could submit the to your review
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #22 on: 03 January 2013, 10:38:16 »
...I feel your pain - I lost the entire timeline and 5/20 New Clans for my AU.  Set me back by almost a year, all told.  Let me know if you need something, I like doing editing.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #23 on: 03 January 2013, 10:52:59 »
We're with you man, don't give up.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Dayton3

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 11 January 2013, 00:35:02 »
I'm now back up to over 50 work mech designs worth keeping in my project.

I'll keep at it with duplicated hard and electronic storage this time. 

Register