Author Topic: (Answered) Experience table errors?  (Read 3858 times)

Styker

• Warrant Officer
(Answered) Experience table errors?
« on: 29 January 2012, 20:15:32 »
   I believe that the tables in StatOPs on pages 168 (Support Personnel Experience Table) and 187 (Support Personnel Experience Table) are in error.  On the table on p. 168 the table lists a "Green" technician as being 9+.  A technician of skill 10 would be "Ultra-Green".  I believe this should read 8-9 for a "Green" technician.  A "Regular" and "Veteran" tech requires skills of 7+ and 6+ respectively.  I believe these should be 7 and 6 not 7 and above and 6 and above.  An "Elite" tech is listed as 5+.  I believe this should be 5 or less.  The same problem occurs with the doctor column.  I am basing the scores on page 143 of Mercenaries Supplemental.

Assuming the above is correct p. 189 says that 5 completed scenarios are required to move from "Green" to "Regular".  But if you have a technician with a score of 9 (Green), how many scenarios are required to move to 8 (also Green)?  The same problem occures at the end of the table.  If you technician has a score of 5 (Elite), how many scenarios are required to move to a skill of 4 (also Elite)?  Or are there only 4 technician skill levels now (9,7,6,5)?  Are "Elite" techs now capped at 5?

I am posting this here in case I am misreading this.  If so please let me know how to properly interpret the table.  I am also posting this in the Errata section in case the tables need to be altered.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 00:27:39 by Xotl »

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Experience table errors?
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2012, 18:26:20 »
Strategic Operations supersedes Mercenary Supplemental. We learn a lot about rules over time and rules will be refined.

In regards to gaining experience, the number of missions is how many missions to raise to the next skill level. For all green skills it is five missions. For all regular skill levels it is 10 missions.

Hope that helps,
Joel BC
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Styker

• Warrant Officer
Re: Experience table errors? (Answered)
« Reply #2 on: 02 February 2012, 03:53:13 »
I apologize but I am still not clear on this.  Perhaps I'm not communicating my questions very well.  I've copied the 2 tables in question here.  I've also created a 3rd table at the end with ? to indicate where I'm confused.

SUPPORT PERSONNEL p. 168
EXPERIENCE TABLE 1
Experience      Base Skill Target    Combat Skills
Rating                     Technical                  Medical    Gunnery          Anti-’Mech
Green                           9+                        10+             8/*                    8/*
Regular                         7+                         8+              8/*                    7/*
Veteran                        6+                          7+             7/*                    6/*
Elite                              5+                          6+             7/*                    5/*

I've been referring to these numbers as skill levels but actually they are target numbers and perhaps that's why I'm not being clear.

On the Technical column:
1. In the table above Green has a target number of 9+.  Is a target number of 8+ no longer obtainable?  Do you just skip from 9 to 7?

2. Target number 5 is Elite.  Are target numbers of less than 5 obtainable (4, 3, 2, 1, 0)?  Or is 5 the best possible and there is no further advancement?

SUPPORT PERSONNEL EXPERIENCE TABLE 2 p. 187
Old                        New                       Complete Scenarios
Rating                Rating                            Required
Green               Regular                                5
Regular            Veteran                              10
Veteran             Elite                                  20

1. Assuming that 8 is a valid target number it would still be considered Green.  How many scenarios are required to go from target number 9 Green to target number 8 Green?

2. Assuming that advancement beyond target number 5 is possible, how many scenarios are required to go from target number 5 Elite to target number 4 Elite?

Maybe this table will help to explain my questions:

Experience                 Target                   Scenarios           Valid
Rating                        Number                  Required           Level   
Green                           9                               0                      Y
Green                           8                               ?                      ?
Regular                         7                              5                      Y
Veteran                        6                            10                       Y
Elite                              5                            20                       Y
Elite                              4                              ?                       ?
Elite                              3                              ?                       ?
Elite                              2                              ?                       ?
Elite                              1                              ?                       ?
Elite                              0                              ?                       ?

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: 02 February 2012, 07:53:15 by Styker »

Welshman

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 02 February 2012, 11:40:40 »
Yes, 8 is still attainable.

Yes, a skill less than 5 is still attainable.

It takes 5 missions to go from Green (9) to Green (8), ten to go from Green (8) to Regular (7). To go up a skill rating (green, regular, vet) use the missions required for the new level.

That cover it?
-Joel BC-

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Styker

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2012, 12:29:52 »
Yes, 8 is still attainable.

Yes, a skill less than 5 is still attainable.

It takes 5 missions to go from Green (9) to Green (8), ten to go from Green (8) to Regular (7). To go up a skill rating (green, regular, vet) use the missions required for the new level.

That cover it?

Thank you.  Now its clear to me.

Welshman

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2012, 23:12:56 »
Glad we could help.

Best,
Joel BC
-Joel BC-