Author Topic: (Answered) Quick Strike and Autocannons  (Read 2797 times)

Frantic Pryde

• Sergeant
(Answered) Quick Strike and Autocannons
« on: 02 February 2012, 11:33:41 »
Hello, I have a question about Quick Strike.

When a unit has a separate AC value, and you use precision ammo, do you get the up to -2 modifier for all the weapons, just the AC value (separate roll) or can you only fire the AC damage.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 16:21:24 by Xotl »

Chunga

• Patron Saint of Team Davion
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
Re: (Researching) Quick Strike and Autocannons
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2012, 15:13:30 »
When a unit has a separate AC value, and you use precision ammo, do you get the up to -2 modifier for all the weapons, just the AC value (separate roll) or can you only fire the AC damage.

Thanks!
If was the first, -2 to all weapons.  Alternate munitions are being errated so that, except for FLK and similar replacement attack abilities, none of the alternate munitions have to hit modifiers. 

* Alternate Munitions (p308)
Replace first paragraph with
    “The abstract nature of BattleForce makes using speciality ammo problematic.  The standard rules assume that all Elements are equipped with standard munitions, however several special munitions are suitable for use with BattleForce. Many have damage modifiers as shown on the alternate munitions table.  If the munitions have additional effects aside from damage modifiers, they are described under the appropriate section.  To use speciality ammo simply declare the appropriate ammo during the attack declaration phase and roll for a weapons attack as normal.  If the attack is successful, adjust the weapon damage and resolve special effects (if applicable).  Aerospace and infantry (including battle armor) Elements cannot use speciality ammo.”
Replace third paragraph with
   “If Caleb succeeds with a normal weapons attack he will do 3 points of damage at short or medium range and 1 point of damage at long range. If Caleb elects to fire Tandem Charge SRMs, his damage will remain the same, but he will get a critical hit chance on a successful hit.  If he decides on Swarm LRMs and the attack misses, Caleb must make another attack on another target in the same hex, using only the LRM damage value, if there are any other Element in the same hex. Finally, if he uses both munitions simultaneously, he will get a critical hit chance on a successful hit and possibly make an additional Swarm attack on a miss.  He would also have to be at short or medium range for this effect; at long range he would lose the critical hit chance from the Tandem Charge SRMs.”
Replace stat block with
CRD-5S Crusader
MP 4 Damage S/M/L/E 3/4/2/- SRM: 1/1 LRM 1/2/2 OV 1 Size 4 Armor/Structure: 6/5 Points: 14 Specials: IF2, CASE, SRCH, SOA, SEAL, ES

* Autocannon Munitions (p309)
Under Armor-Piercing Ammo, replace the text with
“The damage value for the attack is reduced by 1 (minimum 1 damage). Roll 2d6; on a result of 10 or better roll once on the critical hit table for the target Element. This ammo is treated like standard autocannon ammo against aerospace, infantry, and battle armor Elements.”
Under Flak Ammo, replace the text with
“The unit can choose to make an attack using the FLK special ability as if the unit had that ability with the same damage values as its AC special ability.  For example, an Element with AC2/2/0 using Flak Ammo could make a weapon attack against an airborne target with a -2 to hit modifier as if it had FLK 2/2/0.”
Under Precision Ammo, replace the text with
“Add 1 to the damage value of the weapon attack if using Precision Ammo and target Element has 5+ MP.”
* Long Range Missiles (p310)
Under Swarm, replace the text with
“If the attack misses and other Elements (friend or foe) are in the target hex, randomly determine one and make a new attack against that Element.  The damage values for this additional Swarm attack is equal to the LRM damage values only.  Continue randomly picking targets from the remaining Elements until the Swam attack is successful or all Elements in the hex have been attacked.”
* Alternate Munitions Table (p310)
Under “Autocannon/Armor-Piercing”
Replace to-hit modifier with +0 and damage modifier with -1.
Under “Autocannon/Precision Ammo”
Replace to-hit modifier with +0 and damage modifier with +1**.
Under “Short Range Missiles/Heat Seeking (HS)”
Replace to-hit modifier with +0 and damage modifier with +1*.
Under “Long Range Missiles”
Remove Follow the Leader (FTL) line.  It would become +0 to hit and +0 damage modifier with no special effects.
Under “Long Range Missiles/Heat Seeking (HS)”
Replace to-hit modifier with +0 and damage modifier with +1*.
Under the table just after the “*Target must be at 2 or higher on the heat scale”
Add “**Target must have 5+ MP”.

« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 16:24:40 by Xotl »
"Don't think 'cos I understand, I care." - Sneakerpimps
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I wasn't there.  If I was there, I was sleeping.  If I wasn't sleeping, I didn't hear or see anything.
Money has never been a problem for Davion. "Why waste money on social services when you can spend it on weapons instead?" - aldous

Register