Author Topic: A little help please  (Read 2649 times)

khanjohn

• Corporal
  • More things change the more they stay the same.
A little help please
« on: 10 February 2012, 10:44:45 »
In "A Guide to Coverty Ops" on page 18 & 19 teh following Traits are listed but I can nto find what source book for descriptions. Pg 18 Alertness, Patience pg 19 High Endurance. Also fo rskilsl is Read Lips and meditations, can not find so as to determine the stats these go off of. Please help and advise.

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
Re: A little help please
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2012, 11:16:39 »
As I recall, Covert Ops uses MechWarrior 3rd edition, so you won't find those exact traits in the new A Time of War (MechWarrior 4th edition).

Alertness and High Endurance are not in A Time of War. Patient is listed on pg121 of ATOW. Meditation and Read Lips did not make it into A Time of War, either.

Though...Alertness, Patience, and High Endurance are not in MechWarrior 3rd edition (basic book), either. Nor are Meditation and Read Lips. They must be in a MW3 supplement somewhere.

By the way, which roleplaying game edition are you using?

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2012, 11:18:49 »
The Guide to Covert Ops is a sourcebook for MechWarrior 3rd edition/Classic BattleTech RPG (the same ruleset printed with different names) rather than the tabletop game or A Time of War (the current edition of the BT RPG).  It may be a silly question, but do you have the correct rulebook? 

If so, it's worth checking the other MW3/CBT:RPG sourcebooks in case the skill is listed there instead of the core book.  The main possiblities are MechWarrior's Guide to the Clans, MechWarrior's guide to Solaris VII, and Classic BattleTech Companion.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

khanjohn

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2012, 11:34:30 »
As none of us like ATOW we continue to use 3rd edition. As it all started here figured this the best place to ask.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2012, 11:54:32 »
I might be able to dig out my 3rd ed sourcebooks when I get home if you don't have some and want me to check.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

monty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2012, 12:15:27 »
They're in the Classic Battletech Companion.

Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum.
Let him who desires peace prepare for war. (Vegetius)

monty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2012, 12:24:25 »
Alertness (pg 99), High Endurance (pg 100), & Patience (pg 103) are all described as new traits so I think this is the only book they are described in.
« Last Edit: 10 February 2012, 12:26:33 by monty »

monty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2012, 12:31:37 »
Meditation (pg 114) goes off (WIL/BOD) & Read Lips (pg 115) goes off (INT/EDG).

khanjohn

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2012, 15:39:33 »
Fantastic thanks.  O0
« Last Edit: 10 February 2012, 15:49:26 by khanjohn »

Register