Author Topic: Free Guilds: A quietly dropped bad idea?  (Read 2835 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Free Guilds: A quietly dropped bad idea?
« on: 13 February 2012, 02:32:24 »
So the first clan sourcebooks mentioned a group called the free guilds, which appeared to be lower caste clansmen who operated independently of any particular clan and had enough resources to be a significant entity (with various clans contracting with them to supply ships for the invasion for example)

These free guilds haven't been mentioned since Warriors of Kerensky, and even that book only repeated the tiny amount of info that was stated in the first clan books, however given the events of the wars of reaving, one would imagine such an independent entity in the homeworlds would have been something of a significant factor, or at the very least worth a mention or two.

So should the free guilds be considered quietly dropped from the universe, (maybe Fotch was talking out his ass again) or do they actually exist?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Free Guilds: A quietly dropped bad idea?
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2012, 05:51:18 »
Hello,

In character, Focht probably messed that bit up. Out of character, we dropped the notion.

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas
  BattleTech
  Catalyst Game Labs

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: Free Guilds: A quietly dropped bad idea?
« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2012, 15:16:21 »
That's what I figured, thanks.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!