Author Topic: Chickens come Home To Roost (FGC AU)  (Read 16613 times)

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
Chickens come Home To Roost (FGC AU)
« on: 13 May 2012, 15:07:32 »
Index

"...and the Sybil told him a Mighty Empire would fall..."

« Last Edit: 13 May 2012, 15:13:21 by Cannonshop »
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
Re: Chickens come Home To Roost (FGC AU)
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2012, 16:54:51 »
tagged

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2012, 20:05:05 »
"...I remember now, I remember how it started, I can't remember yesterday, I just remember doing, what they told me....
-Queensryche, "Operation: Mindcrime"

Tharkad, July 7, 3068...

Tanuyama sipped coffee, while the INN commentators talked on about this year's Solaris standings.  Occasionally, he looked at the wall chrony, or pretended to read a local gossip rag.

At exactly 1630, an officer in the uniform of the 1st Royal Guards walked in, and sat down at the lunch counter next to him.

"Guten tag, Hauptmann." Tanuyama said, and ordered a piece of pie.

"Guten Tag." the officer said, "I trust the special is good?"

"the Strudel isn't bad, I suppose..." He looked over, "I rather expected you would have a recommendation."

"I find that I prefer their honey cakes, to be honest." the man smiled weakly, "Our mutual friend said you have a packet for me."

"A bit more than a packet, I'm afraid." Tanuyama said, "You were not followed?"

"We are clear here, the owner is a focal for the Movement." the Hauptmann stated.

"I know that." Tanuyama smiled, "I need some equipment moved, it is very delicate and I would prefer not to spend undue time on explanations...a gift, you might say."

"How will this gift be used?" the officer asked.

"It will...firm up, the resolution of our comrades." Tanuyama said, "While helping to remove the dead weight.  Can you get it into Mount Asgard?"

"Of course." the man said, "It will be expensive, of course..."

"Nothing truly worth the effort is." Tanuyama said, "You know what the Archon is planning?"

"I do-and it is an offense to all heaven-making a separate peace with the accursed Clans?? madness. He would destroy all of us..." the officer said.

"Then you understand the importance.  How much will it cost?" Tanuyama asked.

"half a million up front, the other half after delivery-guards will have to be bribed or removed."  the officer told him.

"This should do it, then... my compliments to General Hogarth." Tanuyama said calmly, adding  "Vive la Revolucion."

"Sic semper Tyrannus."  The Hauptmann took the envelope, "Your packages will be delivered."

"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2012, 20:25:16 »
Point Echo, Guataveta , 10 July, 3068...

Deb awoke in a dark room, and for a moment, she didn't know where she was...the motel sheets were cool on her skin, and she felt...not alone.

"Yall c'n come on et nah." she said quietly, her hand curling around the revolver's grip.

"gun is not necessary." a red tac-light came on, revealing a face laced with tattoos and piercings.  "I'm here to deliver a message."

"Git talkin', ah'll decide if et's honnes." Debbie said, "But all same to y'alls, Ah'm not lettin' th' gun go."

"If I were here to hurt you, you would already be hurt, Lady MacAulliffe.  I'm here to tell you-your liason officer, Kommandant Cleary-is not Peter's man." the stranger said, "I have proof-he's involved with the CLP, and he's just waiting for the order to ace you."  the stranger said.

"Proof..." Debbie said, "Y'all gots tin secon's give me a reason to b'leive y'all."

"Tôi trên cạnh (của) các bạn, nữ công tước (của) Tôi gửi Tôi.." the stranger said, "Tôi tiến đến sát (cho) Lữ đoàn (thứ) 171."

Deb relaxed, and slid the pistol back into its hiding place.  "Bạn nói tiếng tây ban nha không?." (do you speak spanish) she asked.

"Sí, yo hablo español." the stranger said, the accent was Buena, with a slight lilt.

[in spanish]
"Then explain-what is the signal he's waiting for, and who's giving him his orders?" Debbie ordered.

"In the name of my ancestors I don't know what the signal will be, but we have a name for who gives him his orders...but it is probably a code-name." the Stranger said, "I DO know they have something big coming down in the next week-we aren't sure what, exactly, but it's going to be major, and they're preparing to take down a LOT of the Archon's people when they do it."  the Stranger said, "The best we have, is some kind of terror attack on Tharkad."

"Have you warned LIC?" Deb asked.

"We've tried." the Stranger said, "but you have to realize-we're unofficial and our link to the top is cut-you're the closest thing we have to a conduit..."

"you want orders." Debbie said. 

"Something like that." the Stranger said.

"Get your people to tharkad, protect the Archon if you can, I can take care of myself, but if they have you cut off, and if they've turned a loyal man like the Kommandant, Peter is in grave danger." Debbie said, "That's the best I can do, if that is what you were looking for?"

"We will try." the stranger told her.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2012, 20:46:40 »
Quote from: HPG Message
TO: Lt. Esperanza Del Vargas, 4th Royal Guards, Coventry

RE: Hola, Big sister.

Dicen que van a intentar matar Peter, y tengo un asesino dirigidas a mí en la habitación de al lado, esperando su señal de disparo de matarme a mí.

Te sugiero que sigas los oídos abiertos y una pistola cerca, los conspiradores van a hacer algo muy público, puede matar a un montón de gente inocente.

Confianza a nadie.

Ni siquiera sé cómo llegamos a esta situación, pero si usted tiene cualquier persona que usted está realmente cerca de, cualquier persona de la que realmente se puede confiar, que necesita para advertirles algo muy malo va a ocurrir muy pronto.

¿Si usted recuerda mi historia sobre qué pasó en el valle? Los patrocinadores de esto, es AQUEL grupo.

Tenga cuidado de los muchachos para mí, y rece que atravesemos esto en una pieza.

Debbie

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2012, 20:51:26 »
darnit, now where did i put that interstellar translater at?   :D

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2012, 20:56:05 »
darnit, now where did i put that interstellar translater at?   :D

Remember, Debbie's spanish is..well...it's good, but it's not superb.   

Translation

Ajax_Wolf

• Lieutenant
  • Krampus is the reason for the Christmas season.
« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2012, 22:05:59 »
More like less spanish, and more chicano.
Why does everyone "Fire at Will"? Is he really that bad of a person? And what did he do to make everyone want to shoot him?

If a group of necrophiliacs met a group of zombies, who would do the chasing?

Bacon is Life! Even vegaterians eat bacon.

Zureal

• Lieutenant
  • There are Mechs incoming? Bring up T-Rex!
« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2012, 22:08:53 »
:( i doint like that he killed off the that great house :( but oh well, glory to the clans! :P lol

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 13 May 2012, 22:44:27 »
TAG
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2012, 01:31:06 »
NIOPS VII, "The Chapel", 11 July, 3068...

"...and you're sure about this?" Rayenne Nellis asked.

"We're not, but Syrinx is-the Lyran front is going to collapse in less than thirty days due to unpredicted internal strife in the Lyran Alliance."  Colonel Zubok of the Niops Militia's intelligence group folded his hands, "Based on data we collected from one of the special Medical research projects, Syrinx is pretty sure that the problem originates in a heretofore un-accounted for political entity forming in the Arc Royal zone-it's not the Clans, it's something else."

"Medical?" Rayenne asked.

"Um...the implants installed in Duchess Elizabeth Ngo, to manage her Cholmann's syndrome symptoms at First Lord Undomiel's request...we kind of...bugged them, Ma'am...for recording and monitoring purposes-to track the progress of the Syndrome."  Zubok sighed, "The recordings were parsed and sorted by Syrinx when our medical team assisted the Kowloonese in putting her into Cryo."

Nellis cursed.  "Okay, so the Lyrans are going to come apart at the seams sometime in the next month..." she frowned, "I'm going to warn Aerlinniel, maybe she can get the SLDF to move in supplemental forces as peacekeepers, do we have any armed special forces up there currently?"

"Um...there's the team on Arluna-but they're not special forces."  Zubok said.

"But they ARE equipped in Nighthawks...okay, Plan Bravo-assme the worst, assume the Lyrans are going to fold like a cheap tent, fracture like peanut brittle...what can we do-capabilities, not ideals here."

"the Plague region's got a secession movement going, they're pretty strong and definitely NOT involved in this, they might be able to stabilize into something LIKE a functional state." Zubok said, "by the way, Syrinx likes that idea."

"Bloody hell...who else?" she asked testily.

"Skye might be able to hold it together.  Ninety percent of the problem is going to be the Coventry province and Arc Royal-the Royallies because they're the epicentre of it, and Coventry because they haven't got any sort of 'national' identity beyond being loyal to House Steiner-if the Steiners are taken out of the equation..."  Zubok read off...

"Okay, here's what we're going to do..." Rayenne said...

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2012, 02:07:14 »
Baker III, 11 July, 3068...

The unmistakable shape of the LCS Invincible emerged from jump.

The same force that had been over Dompaire was now at Baker 3.
Nadia Binetti didn't know where she was. She she slowly opened her eyes, and the noise was immediate and crashing. She could hear the whine of laser capacitors discharging and recharging. She could head explosions in the distance, most likly missiles impacting on armor. She could smell the ozone stench that came with repeated PPC firing. Her head hurt like someone had jammed a ferro-aluminum spike into her cranium, and her hand came away dark with blood when she touched her hair. Normally considered a very attractive woman by her fellow Clansmen, she was slightly distressed to note that there were cuts and bruises all across her face and head. But she had other things to worry about, as she slowly remembered what had happened.

Phi Galaxy was stationed on Baker 3 for now, the majority of the forces there comming off the frontlines for some refitting, repairs, and some decompression. Despite their trueborn origins, no warrior, not even a Clanner, could literally fight constantly without becoming mentally exhausted. So the Khan had pulled them back, thinking Baker 3 was a relativly safe world in the OZ. That was untill the massive Lyran battlegroup had appeared in orbit. With only their integrated aerospace cover, Binetti had allowed the Lyrans to claim the skies for themselves. Instead, she had prepared her forces to fight off whatever invaders came down. Judging from the number of dropships, she estimated 2:1 or worse odds, and she had unfortunetly been proven right. However, it seemed that the forces they'd engaged were not lining up with the number of Dropships their radar had said were coming.

Her forces were almost universally veterans of the various engagements against the Lyrans. That was good: the last thing she needed in a lopsided fight was a trinary's worth of newbloods with no real combat experiance. They had been confident, as all clanners were when faced with Successor House armies, that they would prevail despite their being heavily outnumbered and outgunned. The 8th Provisional Garrison Cluster had ranged ahead, being the less experianced of her 3 Clusters. They had reported being heavily outgunned, but had done well, achieving a 1.5:1 kill ratio in their favor against one of the Lyran regiments. When the other 2 Clan Clusters hit the already damaged regiment, it had begun falling back, but was quickly stiffened by the addition of the main body of Lyran forces.

Evelyn Mosovich...
"Fall Back you con trai của một con điếm!"  the Falcons had successfully decapitated the ground force command staff, leaving only two Generals-and no army functions with two generals.  Evelyn Mosovich was actually, technically, senior to Tony Liddle-she'd served in the war of '39, and was one of a few dozen armour crew survivors of the debacle of Tamar during the first Clan invasion.

But in a feudal state, Barons do not give orders to Dukes, Tankers do not order 'mechwarriors.  It simply isn't done.

The Second, Third, and Fourth Tamar Cavaliers, therefore, seeing what they believed to be a weakness, were charging headlong into a trap.

"Hammer, this is Banshee, shift fire six zero west, range ten kilometers, high explosive and incendiary-Liddle's going off the reservation but I'm damned if I'm going to let them close that trap, OVER."  Her voice over the comms was a hissing sibilant buzz, something between a chainsaw's growl and speaker feedback.  "All Four-Sixteen units and Romeo, continue retrograde advance, Tiếng sét, pattern bombardment along northwest arc from nine to twelve, pattern is curtain, HE, Cluster and Incendiary, retrograde pattern at rate Gamma, I want them to eat shell all the way in when they realize we're not advancing on Guttenkradsburg, Acknowledge."

Unlike Liddle and his freinds, Soloman Thurl of the Seventh Tamar Cavaliers wasn't raised among the mores of the Nobility or at the knees of social generals-the man knew how to take orders and didn't need to worry about society's civilian pecking order.  "Banshee Six, this is Vampire six actual, I've got Toads coming out my ass over here, can we have some of that suppressing fire, pretty-please, Over."

"Tiếng sét Charlie and Delta, you're on the tacnet for Vampire, Acknowledge, and Execute, Over."  the artillery for the 416, like most of its conventional forces, were drawn from training camps on Kowloon, Arluna, and Winter-their Thumpers were not the biggest guns in the inventory, but they were quick firing, with decent range, and being mechanized infantry based units, their detection footprint was small.  "Con quạ, I want ordinance delivery covering the stragglers from White Knight and Pikeman,  tell me you've got birds ready to strike, Over."

"Banshee, this is Con qua six, mail is in-bound at Mach, do we have flashlights on the ground, over?"  Charlene Qua's voice crackled over the channel.

"Set seekers and look for the lightshow, Con qua, Over."

"Banshee, this is Hammer Two, we've lost contact with Eisenjaeger and Mace, bounce says they're caught in a crack, over."

"Follow your ****** orders, Hammer Two.  Liddel's made his decision but we're on recall, I will NOT waste more men trying to recover an officer who's chosen to commit suicide.  continue retrograde advance to rally Delta, OVER."

duty, or honour?  eventually every commanding officer faces this choice-to violate their duty, or to violate their morals.

Nadia Binetti
That was when Nadia had been hit, a gauss rifle round smashing into the torso of her Timber Wolf, dangerously near the cockpit. It had overloaded her gyro, knocking the mech off it's feet, and casuing her to hit her head on the way down. Seeing that her mech was still fully functional, having fallen forewards, but not breaching any of the armor, she slowly righted the battered mech. The situation was not something she was prepared for.

Fully half her command had been downed so far, the Lyrans pressing the Clanners hard, teaming up to bracket single Clan machines with horrendous fire, and overwhealming their armor. The sight of her brave warriors being brought low by such dishonorable, stravag, freebirth scum was enraging. She could feel her ire for these Lyran dogs soar to new heights. To her left, Star Colonel David of the 1st Falcon Swoop Cluster was hit simultaneously by no less than 5 PPCs, coming from 3 mechs her computer tagged as Awesomes. David was an excellent warrior, and she knew that he was supposed to be heading back to the homeworlds in 2 weeks to compete for his Binetti bloodname.

"Warriors of Phi Galaxy! Rally on me, we show these Lyran dogs what a true warrior can do! No glory is to be had through ganging up on a mech with 3:1 odds! We shall show them the strength of our honor, and we shall destroy as many of these stravag freebirths as possible. The Lyrans will not soon forget the horrors they experianced in trying to take Baker 3 from the talons of the Falcons!" She switched her com system to an open broadcast, wanting the Lyrans to hear her next words.

"Hear me Lyran scum! I am Nadia Binetti, Galaxy Commander of Clan Jade Falcon, and i shall be your doom! We shall rip every last, freebirth," she triggered her LRM 20 racks, pumping over 30 missiles into the cockpit assembly of one of the 3 Awesomes," scumbag from his mech! We will kill 5 of you for each warrior of our own lost this day!" She fired her twin ER large lasers, amputating the right leg from a Lyran Centurion. Her warriors were suddenly around her, opening fire with everything they had, blasting craters of armor, sending limbs flying, dropping Lyran mechs left and right. The return fire from the Lyrans was disjointed, not fully expecting to be counter attacked when they had nearly broken the Clanners mere moments before.

Evelyn

"Consolidate, Three-Deuce and Four One Six, cover retrograde movements of Seven, and surviving elements of Fourth Tamar Cavaliers, and ****** where in hell is my ****** TAC AIR??"

« Last Edit: 14 May 2012, 02:31:59 by Cannonshop »

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 14 May 2012, 03:15:25 »
Tag
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 14 May 2012, 04:09:31 »
Addergrad, Somerset, Star Adder Liberation Zone, Inner Sphere, 13 July, 3068...

Stanislav N'Buta examined the message again, and then, looked at the courier who brought it to him.  "And this is a serious offer?" he asked.

"Not my place to tell you that, just my job to bring it here."  Former Sgt. Major Nghien said quietly, "I would say it is, if I knew it was-all I do know, is that my orders were to deliver it to you, you alone, you in person, without exposing it to possible editing, alteration, or override from HPG system personnel, foreign intelligence agencies, foreign or hostile agents."

The senior Khan of Clan Star Adder looked straight at the man from Kowloon.  "Not your place, quiaff?"

"Just a messenger, sir." Nghien stated.  "Will there be a reply, sir?"

"Aff, there will be 'a' response, Messenger." Stansilav told him, "I recognize you...Barcelona, quiaff?"

"Yes sir." Nghien answered, "I changed service branch since then."

"I want your opinion-is the offer genuine?" Stanislav demanded.

"My opinion, sir, is that it is the first sign that the Archon has not consumed of the cyanide fruit-punch with the rest of the suicidal bastards." Nghien told him, "Strategically, the Lyran Alliance has just barely gotten enough aid from our putative allies to do a lot of bleeding and dying as the battleground, but not so much that we're able to recover and hit back with any real effectiveness.  The Terries are bleeding us to slow your lot down with a war of attrition where we're the expendable elements in their strategy-if Archon Peter is as intelligent as some claim he is, he's not happy with that arrangement, it is therefore logical that the offer is genuine-if your lot can deliver on your half of the deal."

"Why, then, does he want me to deal with..." and Stanislav smiled, "Little Debbie from Arluna, instead of himself?"

Nghien shrugged, "My opinion sir? because she has already dealt with your people once and gotten the better half of them, because your officers know her, and because if it leaks early and kills the deal, she is deniable in public."

"Good reasons...We have guest quartering available, you will have your answer by noon the day after to-morrow."  Stan nodded to the escort, and Nghien left the chamber.

and I know why it was hand-delivered, too...aff...the Blakists could cut off their communications and would certainly read any message of the sort to the Terran Military...  "Gather a quorum of the Bloodnamed warriors, we need to hold a Clan Council..and keep it quiet, there is no telling who might be listening to transmissions."

if the offer IS genuine, once it goes into effect, the Lyrans will need SOMEONE to run their communications, and from there it is a short march indeed to taking the entire nation into the True Star League with minimal bloodshed...

Zureal

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 14 May 2012, 04:49:37 »
this is great, im just sad that u already told us the futer :( im sad about that, will there ver be any view from the terrins? whats there point of view about all this? or from the blakists, is there still a comstar to care about there point of view? im curious as hell as to whats going on in the reborn terran nation

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 14 May 2012, 05:50:46 »
"The big bang -- took and shook the world
Shot down the rising sun
The end was begun -- it would hit everyone
When the chain reaction was done
The big shots -- try to hold it back
Fools try to wish it away
The hopeful depend on a world without end
Whatever the hopeless may say "

-Rush, "Manhattan Project"

Mount Asgard LAAF headquarters, Tharkad, 1330 Hours Local time, 14 July, 3068

"We hear you, LCS Kowloon, begin Neutrino Emissions Screening."  Controllers looked at one another dubiously-the fox, somewhere in orbit, was running a piece of equipment that was reverse-engineered from the wreckage at Butler.

if it worked the way it was supposed to, it would allow the vessel to detect and identify Fusion sources on the planet-even down to sources the size of an Omni 25. 

IF it worked the way the theorists thought it would.

Meanwhile, entering a supply dock several levels up from the mission control, was a three meter by two meter container with correct ordinance markings, bound for the base armory on level nine.  The shipping container stated it was Long Tom ammunition, Anti-Aircraft Mk. XXVI.  The paperwork was correct, and the sentry bringing it in felt no need to spend the extra thirty seconds it would take, opening the crate to verify the pre-measured and pre-loaded, belted, 208 MM shells. 

A bit of extra time, and maybe he might have noticed the new, dark green coat of paint over which the Blue stripe had been applied by hand (instead of by machine) on the fifth and sixth rounds in the stack.

But nobody bothered.

In Mission Control, the data from the Warship was being processed and watched by a team of engineers and scientists overseen by the highest ranking LCN officers, and LAAF ground-force officers, including the Adjutant to General of the Armies Ceasar Steiner, whom was here on behalf of General of the Armies, Robert Kelswa Steiner.

As each target was being detected and identified, a blip in the sensor readings kept showing up.

"Negative, Kowloon, we don't have a test target in either the city centre, or here at Mount Asgard..."  the Test controller said, "See if you can't screen out that anomaly..." Here, the controller, Kommandant Lucille Heidberg, turned to the Generals, "I'm going to have Base Ops go over the power plant, the ship's insisting that there's a distortion, something dumping Neutrinos, and it's probably just a leak in the power plant's sheilding, but it's mucking with the test."

On the tramway to Ordinance Level Nine, inside the container, two laser-trigger advanced fusion bombs with yeilds of 50 Kilotons apiece, were spooling up.  The initial preheating does, indeed, produce a small amount of Neutrino radiation from the High-intensity lasing process that opens the last safety-a coating on the americium core.

1331 Hours, the bombs' triggers are now beginning the short sprint to detonation. 

13:31:10 the lasing triggers the Americium/Niobium "grape", initiating the fusion of Deuterium into Tritium in the modified Levine-Teller process warheads.  The spike in Neutrino output at this point, is enough to light every board on the LAS Kowloon's sensor net, and to burn out several dozen Neutrino Detector elements in the experimental sensor area.

Of course...by 13:31:15, one does not need a sensor so precise and delicate-simple thermal is sufficient as the interior of Mount Asgard is gutted from inside its heavily armoured shell by a thermal bloom and shockwave that amplifies itself within the tight confines of the underground base.  Everyone inside reaches 10,000 degrees Celsius at more or less the same time, steel and ferro-steel structural members combust along with shattered and plasticized Ferrocrete and Basalt.  The reaction is, thankfully, confined inside the complex, thanks to warship-hull equivalent armoring and bracing-but this same armoring and bracing prevents the released super-heat from escaping and dissipating.  Radiation rages as pressures build beyond the capacity of the mountain itself to contain or restrain.

Half a continent away, The Triad, which is NOT as tightly constrained, is also reaching 10,000 degrees Celsius.

Coast Guardsman Mei Chu Li, of the Kowloonese Organized Crime Bureau, is frantically running through the Palace, a group of Royal Guards with her.  Her agents in the Capital, along with LIC experts, had deduced what today's special incident would be at just a little after 1300 hours...Peter looked up from his desk as the door opened, and a light brighter than the sun filled everything.  Lucky for all involved here, nobody even had time to register their immolation-bodies destroyed by the detonation before pain had a chance to travel through their nerves.

Zureal

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 14 May 2012, 06:51:06 »
 :'(

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #18 on: 14 May 2012, 17:56:35 »
OOC, was the nuking of Tharkad a player initiative in that FGC, or did one of the game mods manage it?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 15 May 2012, 02:49:23 »
OOC, was the nuking of Tharkad a player initiative in that FGC, or did one of the game mods manage it?

[ooc] Mostly GM initiated-they wanted to fracture the Lyrans and hold a little civil war, but I did work out most of the "how" details for them, though they controlled the "Who" and "Why" details.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 15 May 2012, 12:25:12 »
"What of the value known as Patriotism..? Patriots can be the most surprising of people, just as traitors can.  As a Traitor can only be one who was trusted, the most astonishing acts of Patriots are the ones whom were distrusted...  The GREATEST of Patriots are the ones you least expect..."

-Elizabeth Ngo, "Law, Government and the Boardroom: a Foreward to management reform" Coventry Press Interstellar, 3064 A.D.

Rahne, Skye, 16 July, 3068...

"First Maggie, now this." Robert Kelswa Steiner watched the datafeed, and felt powerfully, nigh-uncontrollably ill.  The imagery was high-resolution, taken from the LAS Alarion in orbit around Tharkad.

He deactivated the holoimager. 

"What do you want to do, sir?" Kyle O'Connor, CO of the LAS Skye, asked.

"what do I want to do? I want to go to sleep, and wake up, and have this never have happened, I want to go fishing, I want to argue with Peter, or go denounce someone on the Estates General floor for blind complacency, I want to take a vacation...that's some of the things I want to do.  What I'm Going to do, is try and pull things back together before there's nothing left to save."  He stood up, grabbing his jacket, "The Lyran Comonwealth was founded by three states, Kyle,  the Protectorate of Donegal, the Tamar Pact, and The Federation of Skye.  Most of The Pact is occupied by enemy forces, and this..." He gestured at the holoimager,  "This is guaranteed to throw the Protectorate into utter chaos-that was a full meeting of the Estates, Peter was going to address them..."  he slid his coat on, "Well...now we are it.  We have to get things stabilized and get some semblance of a government functioning, or we-as in the Federation of Skye, are going to be between the jaws of the Clans on one side and the Terrans and Free Worlds on the other."

"Sir?" Kyle looked slightly confused.

"If Skye is to remain itself, if you don't want to be governed from Strana Mechty, Terra, or Atreus, we have to pull the nation back together again." Robert said, "It's the only ****** way."

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #21 on: 15 May 2012, 16:31:28 »
Free Skye!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #22 on: 15 May 2012, 17:42:59 »
Where do I queue? :)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Nikas_Zekeval

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 15 May 2012, 20:01:38 »
"If Skye is to remain itself, if you don't want to be governed from Strana Mechty, Terra, or Atreus, we have to pull the nation back together again." Robert said, "It's the only ****** way."

Oh man, that has to be a very bitter mouthful of ashes.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 16 May 2012, 05:05:59 »
"I must have dreamed a thousand dreams
Been haunted by a million screams
But I can hear the marching feet
They're moving into the street"

-Collins, Rutherford, Banks (Genesis) "Land of Confusion"

Old Connaught, Arc Royal, 15 July, 3068...

"Oh my god."  Morgan Kell stared at the imagery on DBC, "who could do-"

His door flew inward, and riot-armed troops stormed in, in seconds, the old Duke was bound, his head in a bag that smelled of harsh cleansers and the faint odour of blood and sweat.

"Who aRe-"  a fist to his solar plexus drove the wind out of the old mercenary, and he was dragged from his modest residence, into a vehicle.

The ride was confusing and convulsive, and his guards spoke rarely, but were quite liberal in their cuffs and kicks.

He knew from the echoes, once he got there, where they had taken him-Old Connaught's city jail.  They ripped his clothing from him, using a knife to cut it in places, not allowing their prisoner so much as a single stitch of dignity before tossing him, nude, into a cell.  after a while, he blacked out.

"This is your Confession.  You will read it aloud, you will sign it, if you do these things, you will be allowed to go free."  a Bland looking man stood in the observation window, and morgan felt blood returning to his wrists-the restraints had been removed.

"Who are you people?" Kell asked.

"We are the people who want your cooperation-and we will get it."

New Apollo, Rim Worlds Republic

Adam stared at the report on INN in horror.  "Tell me we didn't do that." He said, looking first at Daphne Rowe, and then, at her Generals.  "Tell me we had nothing to do with that..."

"We didn't.  Someone else did-we were going to force recognition from a Legal separation of the Bolan province."  Daphne said, "my god, that's going to leave us open on TWO or THREE fronts to the Clans and everyone else!"

Adam sighed, "Okay, I believe you...my god...whoever did this, they knew when, where, and HOW to hit the Alliance...we have to do something, Daph..."

"We're working on it." she told him..."My father was there."

« Last Edit: 16 May 2012, 05:11:54 by Cannonshop »

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 16 May 2012, 05:27:16 »
"Now did you read the news today
They say the danger's gone away
But I can see the fire's still alight
There burning into the night."

-Collins, Rutherford,  Banks (Genesis) "Land of Confusion"

Addergrad, Somerset, Star Adder Liberation Zone...

"They are going to be in utter chaos." Star Colonel Charles "Charlemagne" Steiner, formerly of Clan Cloud Cobra, now Star Adder.

"Aff...which is why I asked for you, specifically." Stanislav N'Buta said, "At this moment, according to the Salic law adopted by the Commonwealth, you are the closest possible claimant to the Archonship-your ancestry is about as pure Steiner as one can get, moreso even than Yvonne Steiner-Davion or Robert Kelswa Steiner-the Watch believes some might be willing to accept you as an alternative to a Free Skye radical, or another Davion puppet."

"Even if it is not enough, you want me to try, Quiaff?" Charles asked.

"Aff." the Adder Khan said with a curt nod, "it is a great gamble, but it may pay significant dividends to the Cause-if we can turn a large portion of the Lyrans, or even a significantly sized SMALL portion, that is one more round of no-holds-barred fighting we do not have to endure, and one more nail in the False Star League's coffin...at the very least, it will confuse the Lyrans more, making the conquest of the remainder somewhat simpler, at BEST, well..." Stan shrugged, "at best, the Clan could save YEARS of effort taking and pacifying worlds on the way to Holy Terra."

"I will do my best." Charlemagne said, "Naturally, I will need a command of my own for this..."

"You do not object to a force largely composed of Freebirths and Abtakha, do you?" Stan asked.

"No objection-for this to work, the Lyrans need to see me as more one of them, than one of ours." Charlemagne said, "I must connect with them, it will be easier if I have forces that 'feel' Lyran to them...or at least, do not feel alien to their ways."

Stan smiled.  "You have twice shown great cleverness, and even wisdom, Star Colonel Steiner-I have been assembling such a unit for some time-be prepared to meet with your new warriors, and to make your bid and address to the Lyran People."

"Seyla, OvKhan."

gkuenneke

• Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: 16 May 2012, 05:32:41 »
Really like this plot twist!

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 16 May 2012, 05:45:00 »
Anembo System, CGV-16...

"It war him, or me." Debbie said, "He knew mah ansuh 'afore Ah did, an' it was his duty to stop me from doin it-including lethal force if necessary.  Make sure his body gets back to his homeworld...respectfully."  the lie came too easily by half...but it was the last lie she'd ever have to tell about this...the only one she wouldn't recant later.

Reyes didn't seem to believe Debbie.

"good shooting-you realize if the bullet didn't end up inside him, we'd need to patch a hole in the damn hull." the Officer said.

"ah know.  HE 'us good 'nough t' git up an' go for his pistol." she said, "made th' Decision lots easier."  in more ways than one. she left out, he was going for it while we were talking, and if I hadn't knocked him off his game, you'd be cleaning up MY remains from the gun under the table trick.

"how do you want to handle the rest of this?" Reyes asked.

"angel, Ah 'spect we gots t'git on back to Arluna, an' Ah gots t' talk t' th' leadahs of th' Secession, git a feel fo' what we's doin, what we gots to faht with, an' how we is gon' keep th' lunatics off our necks an' th' Clannahs off'n our backs."  She opened the cylinder of her revolver, and slid a fresh frangible round into the chamber, then closed it and slid it into her holster, "but whatev' else we is doin', we ain't a goin' t' hook up with certain folks...Ah will have more t' say when we gets home on thet subjec'."

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #28 on: 16 May 2012, 14:08:44 »
Ah Charlemagne Steiner, thankfully the 'love' letters to Yvonne were not common knowledge.  ;D

Paladin1

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 16 May 2012, 16:03:11 »
TAG'd

Register