Author Topic: A Time of War... Which is the current/correct version?  (Read 1683 times)

zuul88

In our group we have three seperate versions of AToW, 1 printed book & 2 different PDFs. Which has been causing some confusion that was (at least from my point just people learning a new system) up to this point. The book has the fast/slow learner text saying 10% & the chart showing 20%, my PDF has the text & chart at 10%, the other PDF has the text & chart at 10% but has all the skill TN -1(SB 6/CB 7/SA 7/CA 8)
 We just want which is the correct version? I don't really care but the other GM seems to think that the -20% chart is what was intended. But that makes it pay for itself everytime for everybody. So unless someone happens to be the douchebag who designs inferior characters believing that makes them superior role-players(ie the high str wizard) it is a mandatory trait. At which point the whole skill system needs to be redesigned since everyone is a "fast-learner."

Thanks to anyone who can answer this question!
Nathan

adamhowe

• Warrant Officer
  • Star Commander Adam Howe
Re: A Time of War... Which is the current/correct version?
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2012, 17:33:20 »
This has been covered, the 20% figures are correct, the 10% printings are errors.

zuul88

« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2012, 17:45:47 »
That's fine (****** since it makes a mockery of the whole skill  [blank]system, but fine) but that still doesn't answer my original question. Which is the latest/current/correct version of AToW? There's other differences between the 3 versions, just wanna know which one to base the game from.

Nathan

PS Is there an ecttra covering the fact that fast/slow learner is 20%?

adamhowe

• Warrant Officer
  • Star Commander Adam Howe
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2012, 17:47:57 »
I would go with the printed/physical copy as the most accurate.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2012, 13:27:47 »
the highest rev pdf

ie if 1 pdf copy says somethign like 1.0.128 or date modified march 06, 2010 6:52:59 pm
and another says modified january 02 2011 at blah time

the january 02 2011 version is more apt to have the updated errata incorperated in it

Register