Author Topic: Liao/Kurita unit questions  (Read 2088 times)

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
Liao/Kurita unit questions
« on: 16 July 2012, 11:58:13 »
Liao: The Shin Legions have a bit of ambigious background. Even though they're all dead now, is it possible for us to get a fleshed background from where they came from?

Edit: Also what happened to Preston's Lancers?

Kurita: Also, the Amphigean Light Assault Group has two backgrounds, the original in the Galtor Campaign and the much later FM Draconis Combine. Can they be reconciled and the differences possibly smoothed out?
« Last Edit: 18 July 2012, 17:40:37 by Terminax »

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Liao/Kurita unit questions
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2012, 16:52:00 »
Hello,

While it is vaguely possible that attempts may be made to deal with the continuity issues created by the recasting of the Shin Legion and the Amphigean Light Assault Group military formations, the opportunities ahead are growing vanishingly small, and adjusting changes now on the order of 15 years old would suggest that they will likely remain unaddressed in the future.

In short: New trumps old. And updates are unlikely beyond historical products.

As to Preston's Lancers.... Who?

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas
  BattleTech
  Catalyst Game Labs

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2012, 17:00:57 »
Preston's Lancers died during the 4th Succession War. While they are missing from the Capellan TO&E in 4th Succession War Atlas volume I, page 59 of 4th Succession War Atlas volume II lists the battle of one of the battalions. It must be assumed that the other two faced the same fate since they are not listed in 20 Year Update.

With regards,
Øystein
Strategic Assistant

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2012, 19:42:03 »
Kurita: Also, the Amphigean Light Assault Group has two backgrounds, the original in the Galtor Campaign and the much later FM Draconis Combine.
I do believe Historical Turning Points: Galtor makes an attempt to integrate the two conflicting histories.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2012, 03:03:32 »
Thanks for the answers guys!