Author Topic: Tell Me About...The Guillotine  (Read 13162 times)

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
Re: Tell Me About...The Guillotine
« Reply #30 on: 08 September 2012, 09:51:32 »
I want to say long ago it was established the ER laser boat Black Knight and 8D Guillotine where all made at the same place or something.  Of course, I can't remember where that was found "in print."

NM, was thinking of the Black Knight fluff from 3050u.... no mention of the Guillotine there
« Last Edit: 08 September 2012, 09:54:59 by Savage Coyote »

klinktastic

• Master Sergeant
    • Hexare Grenadiers Campaign Website
« Reply #31 on: 11 September 2012, 16:03:40 »
It's an interesting source, but I find myself having to cross-check the sources a little too often for it to be useful. Some of the data seems to come out of nowhere.

Interesting to note that the guy who created works for CGL now....
Check out our actual play campaign website which contains all our after action reports, unit profiles and mission analysis at: www.ourbattletech.com/hexare

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #32 on: 11 September 2012, 16:07:53 »
Interesting to note that the guy who created works for CGL now....

He didn't when OR:3067 was being put together. Maybe he'd like to chime in on this thread? I'm curious to know the sources of the data. Some aren't published in any book or PDF I own. And that includes just about everything published to-date.
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #33 on: 12 September 2012, 00:22:02 »
...Being the collector of fan-produced projects that I am, I can explain a bit.  Culling information from official sources left a raft of incomplete and unknown facts, so he tried to match product and manufacturer as closely as possible.  For a more detailed explaination you'd have to ask him.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #34 on: 12 September 2012, 08:17:59 »
From the introduction of OR:3067

While every effort was made to be completely canon, there are a handful of BattleMech & vehicle designs and a preponderance of components with no canonical data regarding their manufacturer. Rather than leave these out, I chose to create a book which is complete in it’s contents and thoroughly usable as the original was intended, and incorporated them into Objective Raids: 3067. I took into account a myriad of data before deciding on the most sensible, if noncanonically verified place of manufacture, and no canonical information was disregarded.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #35 on: 12 September 2012, 19:42:04 »
I don't actually do much reading of fan stuff.  So I'm not sure why it would have been the OR67, but you never know, it may be that 1 in 50 things I looked at.
Still, I swore I read it at my FLGS, I really thought it was the Davion Handbook.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #36 on: 13 September 2012, 03:05:28 »
As far as I can tell, the Guillotine doesn't appear in the Davion Handbook or the Davion Objectives. It pretty much appears out of nowhere.

Register