Author Topic: A tale of two books  (Read 1744 times)

Labyr

• Sergeant
A tale of two books
« on: 03 November 2012, 18:06:29 »
Actually it's a tale of two differing copies of the same book. My group was playing a practice session of AToW, learning how the combat system works, when we got flummoxed by conscious check rules on p.184. The dead tree copy says that you have to make a TN 7 check using your attribute link modifiers, while the PDF says it's a DC TN using the numerical values of your attributes. The books are disagreeing, we tried to look up which was published later but that information doesn't seem to be in the books. I believe the consensus is that we want to use which ever rules are more recent, but we don't which one is.

theothersarah

• Warrant Officer
  • Girls just wanna have fun
Re: A tale of two books
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2012, 18:52:24 »
Yeah, more specifically in my print copy it says to do a roll vs TN 7, adding your WIL link to the roll and other modifiers. Your PDF says to do a WIL attribute check with the other applicable modifiers.

I think we also had a disagreement over how burst fire and a few other things worked but we never actually checked those.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2012, 15:46:53 »
The most recent pdf matches the print copy (it was updated at one point to match what was going to be printed).  If you bought the pdf, you should have the most recent version; contact whomever you bought it from for an update.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Labyr

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2012, 16:12:27 »
Was the newest/most recent version of the PDF published after November 17th 2010? I was in the Beta and my link expired on that date, I believe Beta users got upgraded to the full version though. So I'm in a weird spot, I have the Beta PDF and an early copy of the full PDF, is there a list of errata/changes from the early version to the current version?

theothersarah

• Warrant Officer
  • Girls just wanna have fun
« Reply #4 on: 04 November 2012, 17:31:53 »
Thanks, I'm glad I won't have to go on a Post-it note spree with my print copy.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #5 on: 09 November 2012, 00:24:35 »
Was the newest/most recent version of the PDF published after November 17th 2010? I was in the Beta and my link expired on that date, I believe Beta users got upgraded to the full version though. So I'm in a weird spot, I have the Beta PDF and an early copy of the full PDF, is there a list of errata/changes from the early version to the current version?

There was, but it was on the (now-dead) other forum.  I don't think it made it over to this side, though I might be wrong.  Sorry.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register