Author Topic: (Answered) Maintenance Cycles  (Read 2611 times)

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
(Answered) Maintenance Cycles
« on: 27 November 2012, 10:30:43 »
OK, so the table in StratOps pg 170 lists the time it takes to maintain a unit, but I can't find how often this needs to take place. Is it only after battle, every day, every week, when the Tech Seargent looks at you funny? I'm assuming after every battle that it's necessary, for sure, but in terms of a garrison contract or patrol for example, maintenance needs to be done on a regular basis. Just wondering what that regular basis entails.

Thank You
   - Shane
« Last Edit: 18 March 2013, 12:01:18 by Xotl »
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Maintenance Cycles
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2013, 12:01:07 »
StratOps, p. 166, Time, modify the current listing:

TIME MAINTENANCE/REPAIR CYCLE
Unless agreed otherwise (or dictated by the conditions of a specific scenario), players have eight hours between each scenario during which they can carry out maintenance and repairs. If players are tracking time across days, weeks, months and so on, then each day provides eight hours of productive work. This is referred to as the Maintenance/Repair Cycle.

To something like this:

TIME MAINTENANCE/REPAIR CYCLE
Most combat units (defined as either one BattleMech, one WorkMech, one conventional or aerospace fighter, one combat vehicle, five small or one medium support vehicle, five ProtoMechs, five battle armors, or 100 infantry) require 8 hours of attention from a tech team once per week. Large support vehicles, DropShips, space stations, and WarShips are maintained by their crews. Satellites generally do not require maintenance.
If players are tracking time across days, weeks, months and so on, then each day provides eight hours of productive work. This is referred to as the Maintenance/Repair Cycle.

Note that the wording may change (as always) when committed to formal errata, especially if we feel the need to tweak to make sure it's all in line with Interstellar Operations.  Thank you.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
Re: (Answered) Maintenance Cycles
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2013, 15:22:55 »
Nice! Thank you.

Funny thing is, that's been my placeholder house rule until getting this answer!

- Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.