Author Topic: (Answered) Validity of L2-L5 points as jump points  (Read 2498 times)

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
(Answered) Validity of L2-L5 points as jump points
« on: 10 December 2012, 18:50:38 »
There seems to be a contradiction in the fluff and fiction.  Start Ops p. 135, which appears to be more fluff than rules, says that only the L1 LaGrange point is "a valid jump point.". While clear cut, it has many contradictions:
  1: Isle of the Blessed Book One Chapter 3: Uses the New Avalon-Sun L4 point.  Page 2
  2: Dawn of the Jihad: Case White uses the Earth-Luna L2.  Page 91

I'm sure there are other examples, but those are the ones I can currently find.  Since neither side seems to be "rules" I'm wondering takes precedence.  Additionally, page 88 of StratOps doesn't say anything about only calculating to an L1 point.
« Last Edit: 16 November 2018, 17:48:20 by Xotl »
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Validity of L2-L5 points as jump points.
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2012, 05:39:38 »
Isle of the Blessed and Dawn of the Jihad/Blake Ascending are in error.

pg88 StratOps requires "valid jump points," which pg135 was meant to describe. Since pg135 is a bit "fluffy," the rules on pg88 might be erratad with a formal reference to pg134-135 to make it clear that the descriptions on pg134-135 are correct for rules use.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0