Author Topic: Simple equipment rating question  (Read 1105 times)

noobk

• Master Sergeant
Simple equipment rating question
« on: 23 December 2012, 15:42:35 »
For some reason I keep managing to look over the explanation the second legality and availability ratings. Example...

A/A - A - A/A

What are the second ratings a reference for? I know the reason is in front of my face, but damn me I can't find it.

BirdofPrey

• Major
Re: Simple equipment rating question
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2012, 17:08:04 »
The Letter before the first slash is the tech level rating.  It's a rating of how advanced an industry is required to produce the item.
The three letters between the slashes are the availability during three different eras: The Age of War through the Star league, the Succession Wars, and the Clan Invasion area and after.
The letter after the last slash is the legality rating.

The lower the letter, the easier it is to get a hold of, for the availability ratings; An A means the item is ubiquitous, D would be a somewhat rare item, and F is a unique or collectors item; an X means it doesn't exist in a time period.

Everything is detailed in AToW pg. 254-255

noobk

• Master Sergeant
Re: Simple equipment rating question
« Reply #2 on: 23 December 2012, 20:16:55 »
Ah, even after I went to the correct pages I was still confused. I read that part several times before this, but I continued to translate it wrong and was reading it "the wrong way." Thanks you though for clearing that up.