Author Topic: Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier  (Read 3282 times)

AchanhiArusa

• Sergeant
Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier
« on: 24 February 2013, 00:43:52 »
I think I have this down a little better, but I still haven't taken the time to learn the availability or Tech Codes yet.  But I figure it is time to go big, really big... (and I'm sure I made some mistakes, so if you want to check it and you have time DarthMetool I would appreciate it).

Type:  Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier      
Chassis Type:  Naval Support (Large, Template E)   
Tonnage:    100,000   tons      
Spaces:  1035      
Equipment Rating:  C/E-F-X/E (Except for AMS and the Chaff pods)      

Equipment                                    Mass   
Chassis/Control:                           29,325   tons   (Armored Chassis modification)
Engine/Trans:   Fission                 36,225
     Cruise MPs:          4   
     Flank MPs:            6   
Heat Sinks:               0
Power Amplifiers:        0
Fuel:                          0 (20 years between replacement)
Turret:                                            11               

Armor Factor (BAR 10):     5089         763.5   tons
   Front                            829           80
   Front R/L                       830           80
   Rear R/L                        830           80
   Rear                              828           80
   Turret 1                        16             80      
   Turret 2                        16             80      
   Turret 3                        16             80      
   Turret 4                        16             80      
   Turret 5                        16             80      
   Turret 6                        16             80      
   Turret 7                        16             80      

Weapons and Ammo          Loc       Mass
LRM-5                               T1          2   (NATO RIM-7 Sea Sparrow)      
LRM-5                               T3          2         
LRM-5                               T5          2         
LRM Ammo (20)                             1
SRM-6                               T2          3   (RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile)      
SRM-6                               T4          3      
SRM-6                               T6          3         
SRM Ammo (1950)                         130               
AMS                                    T1         1     (Phalanx CIWS)      
AMS                                    T3         1
AMS                                    T5         1   
AMS Ammo (1560)                         130
Chaff Pod                            T2          1   (SRBOC)      
Chaff Pod                            T4          1   
Chaff Pod                            T6          1
LRT-15                               T7          7   (SSTDS Launcher)      
LRT-15                               T7          7         
LRT Ammo (16)                               2

Cargo:   
12,181.5 tons   (Including Aircraft Fuel and Potable Water)   
13,500 tons   90 Fighter Bays   
600 tons   12 VTOL Hanger Bays   

Note:  Features Tech C Chassis (with the Armored Chassis modification), fission engine and armor, 4 flight decks (6,000 tons), 4 Lift Hoists (12 tons), 39 Field Kitchens (117 tons, again 'tis a silly rule), MASH with 20 theaters (24 tons), Communications Equipment (15 tons), and 186 infantry bays (930 tons)
« Last Edit: 01 March 2013, 18:23:22 by AchanhiArusa »
The Patton of wargame design, the Berg himself, is being immortally quoted elsewhere.
"Rich Berg once responded to gamers comments about one of his games, "I make this ****** up, so can you.""

"Back in MY day we played Battletech with figures made of LEAD! POISONED LEAD! And the only PAINT we had was RADIOACTIVE! Why, we lost at least THREE or FOUR dear friends every YEAR to BATTLETECH POISONING! But we didn't know any better, and we LIKED IT!
And we rolled DICE for HOURS to play our games! There was none of this plastic clicky nonsense! Our DICE were radioactive TOO! And we had to roll them for hours and hours and hours to track EVERY SINGLE MISSILE! Why, my some of my friends are STILL rolling dice for their last turn when I left Norman THREE YEARS ago! And I don't plan to move back for at least five years and it STILL won't be my turn! But we didn't know any better, and we LIKED IT.
These kids today."  --Jim Butcher, Dresden Chronicles Author

AchanhiArusa

• Sergeant
Re: Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2013, 01:05:36 »
The Gerald R. Ford class is a variant that has a medium laser (to be built by Raytheon) in T1 to T6 which does not increase turret size.  This requires 18 tons of heat sinks to handle the heat generation.  This reduces cargo space to 12,157.5 tons
The Patton of wargame design, the Berg himself, is being immortally quoted elsewhere.
"Rich Berg once responded to gamers comments about one of his games, "I make this ****** up, so can you.""

"Back in MY day we played Battletech with figures made of LEAD! POISONED LEAD! And the only PAINT we had was RADIOACTIVE! Why, we lost at least THREE or FOUR dear friends every YEAR to BATTLETECH POISONING! But we didn't know any better, and we LIKED IT!
And we rolled DICE for HOURS to play our games! There was none of this plastic clicky nonsense! Our DICE were radioactive TOO! And we had to roll them for hours and hours and hours to track EVERY SINGLE MISSILE! Why, my some of my friends are STILL rolling dice for their last turn when I left Norman THREE YEARS ago! And I don't plan to move back for at least five years and it STILL won't be my turn! But we didn't know any better, and we LIKED IT.

Gustav Kuriga

• Warrant Officer
  • Fluffeh Fennec
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2013, 09:05:42 »
I like it. ^_^
that's nonsense you loon. i use a hammer to drive screws and I ENJOY IT  - Cik

AchanhiArusa

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2013, 21:37:37 »
Thank you.  You don't know how excited I've been to see actual rules for Blue Water Craft (as opposed to the Green Water Craft you can build with the combat vehicle rules).  And it's nice to see the "New Experimental Tech" of BT catch up so I can model real world units.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2013, 21:42:48 »
Could always moderinze it and give it MML's, along with some LB-X AC's for Anti-Air defense, very nice though either way
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

AchanhiArusa

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 26 February 2013, 20:44:24 »
Yeah, the problem is the Phalanx CIWS is both anti-missile and anti-aircraft, but doesn't work that way in Battletech.

Register