Author Topic: E-Books?  (Read 2631 times)

Rtifs

• Warrant Officer
E-Books?
« on: 12 March 2013, 11:48:47 »
I have a Nook and would like to get all the old novels in e-format (Warrior Trilogy, Blood of Kerensky etc.).  It looks like they aren’t available either from B&N, Amazon (kindle) or Battlecorp.  I understand not printing them, but an e-book should not be too big a commitment to maintain once converted into that format.  So is there anything in particular holding them back like licensing or funds to do the format conversions?

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
Re: E-Books?
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2013, 11:51:08 »
They're being held up due to orders from higher up (Topps). Don't know why or how long it's going to last..... :(

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2013, 14:11:50 »
C'mon Topps! I have monies to throw at you!
If (hopefully whenever) this situation is resolved I'm buying a cake, lighting hundreds of candles on it, eating the cake after the candles are blown out and removed, finally I will reread everything I can in digital format.  O0
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

theCrowe

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2013, 17:08:21 »
a Battletech novel e-book omnibus would make me super happy.  ;D

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #4 on: 03 April 2013, 17:38:32 »
If the holdup was easily fixed, it would have been.

Unfortunately it's all probably the legacy of FASA - they sold off the rights to computer games to Microsoft, they let Saban have the rights to the Khartoon, they tied up the print book deal with Roc way back when, and there's been X changes of ownership of the IP since all that.

This is what makes lawyers rich and happy, and us cry ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"