Author Topic: I am in love with the Support Vehicle rules!  (Read 2296 times)

AchanhiArusa

• Sergeant
I am in love with the Support Vehicle rules!
« on: 19 March 2013, 13:58:00 »
I love the support vehicle rules.  I can reproduce a wider range of modern day vehicles than with the combat vehicle rules.  This solves my biggest problem with the combat vehicle rules:  the VTOL problem.  I can't model modern day VTOLs with the combat vehicle rules (they simply aren't fast enough), but by using the Support Vehicle rules, accounting by the kilogram (including with the 12 ton Mil Mi-24 Hind) and using individual launch tubes (from the Protomech rules but doubled weight for Inner Sphere tech), I can.  Sure, I'm probably cheating by ignoring the (sometimes arbitrary) restrictions on construction, but I can do it.  I'd marry these rules if I could.
« Last Edit: 19 March 2013, 13:59:59 by AchanhiArusa »
The Patton of wargame design, the Berg himself, is being immortally quoted elsewhere.
"Rich Berg once responded to gamers comments about one of his games, "I make this ****** up, so can you.""

"Back in MY day we played Battletech with figures made of LEAD! POISONED LEAD! And the only PAINT we had was RADIOACTIVE! Why, we lost at least THREE or FOUR dear friends every YEAR to BATTLETECH POISONING! But we didn't know any better, and we LIKED IT!
And we rolled DICE for HOURS to play our games! There was none of this plastic clicky nonsense! Our DICE were radioactive TOO! And we had to roll them for hours and hours and hours to track EVERY SINGLE MISSILE! Why, my some of my friends are STILL rolling dice for their last turn when I left Norman THREE YEARS ago! And I don't plan to move back for at least five years and it STILL won't be my turn! But we didn't know any better, and we LIKED IT.
These kids today."  --Jim Butcher, Dresden Chronicles Author