Author Topic: Anyone want to stab at recreating the Rattler Mk I?  (Read 5615 times)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Anyone want to stab at recreating the Rattler Mk I?
« on: 10 May 2013, 23:51:27 »
Just wondering...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

AchanhiArusa

• Sergeant
Re: Anyone want to stab at recreating the Rattler Mk I?
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2013, 21:56:40 »
Are you talking about the Cobra vehicle that looked a whole lot like the A-10 Thunderbolt?
The Patton of wargame design, the Berg himself, is being immortally quoted elsewhere.
"Rich Berg once responded to gamers comments about one of his games, "I make this ****** up, so can you.""

"Back in MY day we played Battletech with figures made of LEAD! POISONED LEAD! And the only PAINT we had was RADIOACTIVE! Why, we lost at least THREE or FOUR dear friends every YEAR to BATTLETECH POISONING! But we didn't know any better, and we LIKED IT!
And we rolled DICE for HOURS to play our games! There was none of this plastic clicky nonsense! Our DICE were radioactive TOO! And we had to roll them for hours and hours and hours to track EVERY SINGLE MISSILE! Why, my some of my friends are STILL rolling dice for their last turn when I left Norman THREE YEARS ago! And I don't plan to move back for at least five years and it STILL won't be my turn! But we didn't know any better, and we LIKED IT.
These kids today."  --Jim Butcher, Dresden Chronicles Author

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2013, 22:00:47 »
The SLDF's mobile structure that was housed inside select Castles Brian and used for supplementary anti-aircraft firepower.  The Blakist upgrade - Rattler Mk II - was profiled and statted in Jihad Hot Spots - Terra, but the SLDF's Mk I was only referenced, not statted.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

AchanhiArusa

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2013, 22:11:53 »
Oh, okay.  Are we talking Ogre-sized?  And would you use the Mobile Structures rules to make this thing?
The Patton of wargame design, the Berg himself, is being immortally quoted elsewhere.
"Rich Berg once responded to gamers comments about one of his games, "I make this ****** up, so can you.""

"Back in MY day we played Battletech with figures made of LEAD! POISONED LEAD! And the only PAINT we had was RADIOACTIVE! Why, we lost at least THREE or FOUR dear friends every YEAR to BATTLETECH POISONING! But we didn't know any better, and we LIKED IT!
And we rolled DICE for HOURS to play our games! There was none of this plastic clicky nonsense! Our DICE were radioactive TOO! And we had to roll them for hours and hours and hours to track EVERY SINGLE MISSILE! Why, my some of my friends are STILL rolling dice for their last turn when I left Norman THREE YEARS ago! And I don't plan to move back for at least five years and it STILL won't be my turn! But we didn't know any better, and we LIKED IT.
These kids today."  --Jim Butcher, Dresden Chronicles Author

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2013, 22:12:42 »
Cincy did it not too long ago.  I'll go hunt the stats down.
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:37:55 PM) moonsword134: You're a bastard.
(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2013, 18:25:21 »
Thanks Pope, see you at Gencon this year.

PS: PM set.  ;)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2013, 19:35:36 »
Tagged
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 29 July 2013, 17:44:37 »
So no luck tracking down the Mk I?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 26 April 2014, 19:50:02 »
Bump... any luck Pope?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 27 April 2014, 02:38:20 »
At the very least, I'd want the weapons on opposing hexes to be identical.  When ground units engage it, they will try to get to the weakest side, based on weaponry.  Solution - make all sides equal.

I.e.

The above are the 7 hexes of a Rattler (of whatever Mark).  Hexes 1 and 7 would have the same armament.  Ditto for hexes 2 and 6, along with 3 and 5.  Hexes 1, 2, 3 might have different weapons, but opposite sides would be identical.  The internal stuff can and likely will be different, to allow for making the whole thing fit together.

One way to model the older Rattler would be to take a list of the current tech used, and remove that.  We then make a Rattler from what is left.  I.e. if the SCL/3 are not present originally, then add more Barracuda missiles and launchers.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2015, 13:19:15 »
Still holding out.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #11 on: 12 April 2015, 14:24:10 »
Wasn't the WoB Mk-2 just a weapons refit using 3060+ era weapons?
Or was it a full on new production model of a different size?

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 15 April 2015, 16:12:39 »
Mk II's ae rebuilts from the SLDF Mk I's.

As of date, a Mark I Rattler may or may not have 6 Barracuda Launchers. I do know it has same speed, armor, capacity and non-capital weapons as Mark II. Only the Heavy Gauss Rifles are new, being older Heavier Autocannons were on it. So either AC/20's or /10's, most likely /10's supporting.

My idea is 1.5- AC/10's per HGR... or 3 total. or you could go 2-10's and a -20 in a turret.... 36 tons.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #13 on: 15 April 2015, 21:39:59 »
Why not Regular Gauss?
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 18 April 2015, 20:13:32 »
Heavier Cannon is the fluff... I just assumed it was standard Autocannon.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Register