Author Topic: (Answered) Determining a Jumpship's Dropship Carrying Capacity  (Read 2605 times)

WeaponX

• Warrant Officer
  • Ghost Bear Maniac
    • Ghost Bear Mania
I've been trying my hand at designing a Jumpship using the rules from Strategic Operations, one of which was a formula for determining the maximum amount of Dropships a Jumpship could carry which was (Jumpship Mass/50000) rounded down (page 156 of Strategic Operations).  Now I looked at TRO 3057 Revised for design pointers and I noticed that the Monolith (430000 tons, 9 Dropship capacity) and the Starlord (274000 tons, 6 Dropship capacity) should only be able to carry 8 and 5 Dropships respectively if following the rules of Strategic Operations.  The only way they could carry the extra dropship (assuming they followed the same formula) is if you round up instead of down, so was there an errata that says that you have to round up?  Or does the round down rule still stand, meaning that the Dropship capacities for the Starlord and Monolith in TRO 3057 Revised is incorrect?
« Last Edit: 18 December 2013, 02:14:06 by Xotl »
"Do you not understand the nature of the Bear?  For months he sleeps in hibernation, but do not dare disturb him.  The Bear's anger is unforgiving once provoked."

-Mechwarrior Zane
  Clan Nova Cat

WeaponX

• Warrant Officer
  • Ghost Bear Maniac
    • Ghost Bear Mania
Re: Determining a Jumpship's Dropship Carrying Capacity
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2013, 09:19:10 »
So any news on the fact that the Starlord and Monolith doesn't comply with the rules found Strategic Operations?  Should we consider both Jumpships "illegal", as they both have one extra docking collar than they're supposed to, or are you simply going to change the rule/example of how to calculate the number of docking collars allowed for a given Jumpship tonnage found in Strategic Operations (Jumpship Tonnage/50000) to round up instead of down?
"Do you not understand the nature of the Bear?  For months he sleeps in hibernation, but do not dare disturb him.  The Bear's anger is unforgiving once provoked."

-Mechwarrior Zane
  Clan Nova Cat

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2013, 11:02:49 »
Please wait a month (a full calendar month) before bumping a thread.  This is spelled out in the rules post stickied at the top of this forum.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2013, 02:13:59 »
TR 3057 and 3057R are both incompatible with Strategic Operations in a number of ways, thanks to the huge gulf of time between them.  Inconsistencies are expected, but for now there's nothing in the works to address this.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0