Author Topic: LVT-4 Hover Tank Origin Question  (Read 3175 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
LVT-4 Hover Tank Origin Question
« on: 01 June 2013, 19:20:44 »
Hello

I apologize if its little annoying...I have multi-part question:
  • I was wondering, is the LVT-4 Hover Tank the same vehicle that was known as the HVT in Grey Death Legion Scenario Book, pg 15? 
  • Hover Tank that appeared in Record Sheets:  Volume 5, is also same vehicle as well?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Bones

• Freelance Writer
  • Private
  • Grand Marshal of the AFFS
Re: LVT-4 Hover Tank Origin Question
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2013, 19:06:42 »
The LVT-4's origins was in fact with the Hovertank in the old Record Sheets vol. 5. Just with some updating to keep in line with the current ruleset.

Whether that was inspired by the GDL HVT, I have no idea (no one involved with the development of the old RS booklets is still around, AFAIK),

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2013, 11:11:41 »
Thanks for answering my question, Bones!

Last minute question.  Historical Turning Points: Glengarry.  Which did feature a vehicle that resembles the LTV-4, called PPC Heavy Weapons Carrier.  Is that vehicle same as the LTV-4 or related to it? 

Sincerely,
Wrangler
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Bones

• Freelance Writer
  • Private
  • Grand Marshal of the AFFS
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2013, 17:38:15 »
Jason S. would have to answer that, though given the hover you're talking about is a 20 tonner, I doubt it.

Register