Author Topic: Implant Questions [Mostly RP]  (Read 1073 times)

ntin

• Sergeant
Implant Questions [Mostly RP]
« on: 05 July 2013, 16:19:42 »
The myomer implants state that the bonuses to STR or REF, are applied to certain tasks and are not a full +1 bonus to that attribute. While the type 5 prosthetics just states +1 STR. So if a character has type 5 arms and legs, does this net a +4 to STR and +4 to Melee AP? Or does the bonus only apply to checks or actions that apply to the limbs in question?

For implants is a hand included in an arm and vise versa a foot included in a leg?

Is the type 3/4/5 limbs connected to the person’s nervous system? For example does a hand implant have the ability to sense pressure so it can properly grip an object? Or thermal sense, sense of pain, or the other dozen or so senses a section of the body could normally perceive? Can the implants turn on or off, any these senses?

Are task like running less strenuous if the person has a pair of leg implants?

Is the weight of an implant comparable to that of its flesh and blood counterparts?

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
Re: Implant Questions [Mostly RP]
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2013, 17:36:39 »
Hello!

As far as I know:

Type 5 Prosthesis bonuses only affect that particular limb.

Implanted arms and legs..... GM call, or you could post a rules question. I assume yes, myself, for my games.

Type 3/4/5 are connected to your nervous system, hence the Surgery skill of 5+ and full hospital requirements. While they can be removed, some parts still remain in the person. Type 3 and 4 are bionic limbs and have increasingly effective abilities - GM's call on sense of touch, but feedback of some kind is required for people to have functionality. Type 5 is as close to human as you can get mechanically, and have enough of a seance of touch that the person wearing it takes Fatigue damage if it gets hit. No mention if they can turn off these senses, but I don't allow it in my games.

Running is less stressful with implanted feet (half fatigue). In terms of leg implants or prosthetics there's no mentioned in game effect so GM call. I say no to this in my games, just to keep it simple.

The weight of implants does increase the body weight of a character as it's added stuff. How much is GM call (from negligible to lots) I tend to ignore it. For prosthesis, They are probably comparable to the natural limb, maybe a bit heavier for type 3 or 4.

Hope that helps!
   - Shane

It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

Register