Author Topic: (Answered) Repairs/Salvage With Multiple Tech Teams  (Read 2384 times)

Jayof9s

• Captain
(Answered) Repairs/Salvage With Multiple Tech Teams
« on: 03 September 2013, 12:17:52 »
This question was raised by a discussion between a few people: On the Maintenance, Repair and Salvage Check Modifiers Table, there is a modifier of -1 'per additional Team' (top of pg 171). Can this modifier be applied to only Maintenance rolls or should it be applicable to repair and salvage checks as well?

There's some confusion on the matter due to:

(1) There is a note that this is not applicable for maintenance on WarShips, JumpShips, Space Stations, DropShips and Large Naval Vessel Support Vehicles, but there is no specific note that you cannot have multiple teams coordinate for this modifier on repair and salvage jobs (and every other modifier on the table appears to apply to all three.)

(2) Though there is also the line "Two teams cannot work simultaneously on the same task, but they can divide the tasks between them to save time" (first paragraph, second column of page 168).

So...

(a) If this modifier was intended to only work for maintenance, perhaps the tickmark on the table should be expanded to mention something along the lines that it "only applies to Maintenance checks, with the exception of... etc"

(b) If the modifier was intended to work with maintenance, repair and salvage, the line on 168 may need updated for some clarity (i.e. I think the intent is that you can't have 2 teams [with 480 minutes each] complete a 960 minute job in one day by both working on it and the sentence was not intended to limit the ability for additional teams to combine efforts to reduce the difficulty of the task, per the modifier on the table.)
« Last Edit: 23 December 2013, 23:46:40 by Xotl »

Jayof9s

• Captain
Re: Repairs/Salvage With Multiple Tech Teams
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2013, 10:19:54 »
Bump, so we can get these rules properly implemented in MekHQ.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2013, 07:50:50 »
Bump. Again.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 06 December 2013, 17:45:56 »
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd again.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #4 on: 06 December 2013, 17:51:45 »
I apologize - the rule team is rather busy with real-life stuff at the moment, and we don't have as many Strat Ops experts in our ranks as we'd like, though we're working to address that.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Repairs/Salvage With Multiple Tech Teams
« Reply #5 on: 23 December 2013, 23:46:31 »
This question was raised by a discussion between a few people: On the Maintenance, Repair and Salvage Check Modifiers Table, there is a modifier of -1 'per additional Team' (top of pg 171). Can this modifier be applied to only Maintenance rolls or should it be applicable to repair and salvage checks as well?

The latter.  Thanks for your patience on this one.

Jayof9s

• Captain
Re: (Answered) Repairs/Salvage With Multiple Tech Teams
« Reply #6 on: 24 December 2013, 09:28:37 »
Thanks for the answer. I thought that was the intent but the question was raised due to the quote below that might need clarified.

(2) Though there is also the line "Two teams cannot work simultaneously on the same task, but they can divide the tasks between them to save time" (first paragraph, second column of page 168.

(b) If the modifier was intended to work with maintenance, repair and salvage, the line on 168 may need updated for some clarity (i.e. I think the intent is that you can't have 2 teams [with 480 minutes each] complete a 960 minute job in one day by both working on it and the sentence was not intended to limit the ability for additional teams to combine efforts to reduce the difficulty of the task, per the modifier on the table.)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Answered) Repairs/Salvage With Multiple Tech Teams
« Reply #7 on: 24 December 2013, 12:08:17 »
I'll make sure the wording is clear when SO gets its next errata update.  I intend to tackle SO in the New Year, since it's been a couple of years since the last one.

Register