Author Topic: Thuggee Warrior House Shiva (work in progress!)  (Read 14147 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Thuggee Warrior House Shiva (work in progress!)
« on: 27 September 2013, 22:19:22 »
So I've decided that since we're finally in the Dark Age era and have lots.of new resources and toys to play with, I'd make some crazy, off-the-wall neo-Thuggee WH unit that I could wreak havoc with in a 3145-era game. Totally non-canon, of course, as some of my ideas are canonical impossibilities.

However, I'm *very* new to the CapCon as a faction and as a player of the Inner Sphere in general, and completely unfamiliar with the WoB machines that I wanna use just for completism. So I'd really appreciate any suggestions anyone could offer!

My brainstorming thus far:
- This will be a unit with Phansigar cyborgs as well as Capellan frails, so I'd like to use those rules from ISP2.
- Want to have a 50/50 split of Capellan and WoB designs if possible, especially Manei Domini designs (Celestials, Demons, etc.)
- Wanna use all 3 Cappie BAs as well as at least one of each Cappie 'Mech with a Chinese name

Definitely gonna be a work in progress for a while!
« Last Edit: 27 February 2014, 17:37:09 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Thuggee Warrior House Xi Bo Li Ya Lao Hu (work in progress!)
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2013, 16:58:41 »
What tech level did you have in mind? Late '85, earlier or turn of the century?

Cause I can go indepth real fast. How do you want it?

Mixed Aug or non?
( Mech Lance 1/2 )
( Armor Lance 1/2 )

Personally: 2- Mech 1, Mech 1 and Mech 2, then Armor 1 and Armor 2 to make this Thuggee Battalion. Add in the CapCon ASF Flight of 12 fighters, of which should be the Triple. ( 2-3 ASF Lances= 1 Squadron, 2 Squadrons = Flight -12 ASF total )

or

8 mech 4 tank
8 mech 2 tank 8 BA
2 mech 8 tank 16 BA
12 asf

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2013, 17:37:55 »
I'm actually thinking 3145, so I can use things like the Shen Long. And I know they're extinct by the Dark Age, but I can totally say that Kali squared away some of the Blakist Celestials, Demons, etc. In storage somewhere for Ki-linn to find later.

I know it may not be optimal, but I really want to field as many Chinese-named designs as possible, as well as signature MD units. I think this could make for great fun!

Other than my restrictions above, I'm open to any combination you wanna throw at me. I'm not sure how big to make the WH or how to organize it (as I said, I'm new to this!)...
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2013, 22:04:38 »
2x Tian-Zong-N2
2x Lu Wei Bing-4B
Yu Huang-H11G
Yinghuochong-3Y
Yinghuochong-3E
Agrotera-1A
Morningstar- Laser 4x Asterion PPC
Morningstar- Laser 4x Ying Long

TT
( 3x 4/6 : 2x 4/6/4 long range brawlers, 3x 6/9/6 jumper harrassers, a pair of 5/8 BA carriers with good firepower and 8x suits of mimetic armor: PPC or Plasma. )
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #4 on: 03 November 2013, 02:49:19 »
Ooh, I like these choices! I think this could be a fantastic start, and certainly enough to give a shot with in MegaMek once my laptop arrives! Thank you very much, TT!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2013, 19:01:49 »
Tai-Sho-7S
Tai-Sho-8S
Jinggau-G8BX -> is a custom mech, but you now have a Sniper cannon.
Naginata-C3C -> say it was captured
Catapult-C5 -> A4 usage, remember AAA and FASCAM can be carried : WARNING! not connected to C3 network.

-> Scouts <-
Sha Yu-4B
2x Marauder-9W2

3x Brutus
1x Brutus LRM

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2013, 11:02:26 »
Tai-Sho and Naginata are Japanese/Kuritan. Scratch them.

And then tell me more of this Jinggau custom, lol. Knowing you, it's probably evil incarnate.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #7 on: 04 November 2013, 17:04:01 »
Try the Y-H9GC Yu Huang then; it has a C3 master and exists any time after 3067
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2013, 20:48:15 »
Tai-Sho and Naginata are Japanese/Kuritan. Scratch them.

And then tell me more of this Jinggau custom, lol. Knowing you, it's probably evil incarnate.

Tai-Sho is not just Kuritian....

Independence Weaponry is on Quentin, and Quentin was a Word of Blake Protectorate in 3077. * Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad In Review" *

Salvage?  }:)

And I said captured Naginata...  O:-) ( Also Independence Weaponry on Quentin. )

And now:

Jihad Turning Points: Sian, p. 14 - "JN-G8BX Jinggau Rush record sheet"

TT
« Last Edit: 04 November 2013, 20:50:01 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #9 on: 04 November 2013, 21:14:57 »
I was silly and missed that part about them being captured, lol. I still can't use 'em, as this is my Capellan cheerleading unit and I'm trying to keep it pure. But that Jinggau I can definitely use, as I have that PDF available!

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
Re: Thuggee Warrior House Shiva (work in progress!)
« Reply #10 on: 25 February 2014, 00:55:46 »
I was able to whip up a listing of units I'd like to see in my Thuggee Warrior House, as I've decided to cast off the Blakist-cyberwarrior angle entirely and focus on being a rabidly pro-Capellan unit.  If there's anything in here that I've missed, please let me know!  I threw in a few Canopian units for fun, too, though I'm starting to think that even they might not see the light of day here.  I want these guys to be so pro-Capellan that they're racist.

‘Mechs: Assassin, Cossack, Duan Gung, Raven, Raven II, Sha Yu, Snake, Vindicator, Huron Warrior, Men Shen, Helios, Ti Ts’ang, Ti Ts’sang DDC, Catapult, Catapult II,  Jinggau, Cataphract, Thunder, Lao Hu, Emperor, Yu Huang, Pillager, Dola, Gun, Koschei, Lu Wei Bing, Shen Yi, Tian-Zong, Vandal, Yao Lien, Yinghuochong, Osprey, Xanthos, Agrotera, Calliope, Ebony
Battle Armor: Fa Shihs, Ying Longs, Shen Longs, and Amazons
Combat Vehicles: Po, Po II, Pixiu, Regulator, Korvin, Tamerlane, Predator, Minion, Morningstar, Zahn, Behemoth II, Luduan, Nisos, Shun, Sheriff
AeroSpace Fighters: Transit, Transgressor, Troika, Mengqin, Yun
DropShips: Kuan Ti, Lung Wang, Zhen Niao

I also came up with a better name for a unit of neo-Thuggees: Warrior House Shiva. Yay or nay?

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #11 on: 25 February 2014, 04:03:09 »
I also came up with a better name for a unit of neo-Thuggees: Warrior House Shiva. Yay or nay?

Well, considering that Lord Shiva *STOPS* Kali's Dance of Destruction? I would not think that would
be quite appropriate. Are you looking for some specific symbolism behind the name?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 25 February 2014, 18:55:59 »
I'd swap the Korvin for a Brutus as there are several to choose from.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #13 on: 25 February 2014, 19:00:22 »
I'd swap the Korvin for a Brutus as there are several to choose from.

Normally I'd just take your suggestion as divine mandate and do so, but I was reading up on the Brutus and I'm not sure a rabidly pro-Capellan force would necessarily want a tank that the AFFS adores using in its frontline forces. But maybe you can give me some perspective here. I don't know much about the Korvin (or any Spheroid vehicles, really), so maybe it's a drastically inferior design compared to the Brutus?

Well, considering that Lord Shiva *STOPS* Kali's Dance of Destruction? I would not think that would
be quite appropriate. Are you looking for some specific symbolism behind the name?

Oh, I liked it originally for the rule-of-cool way it sounds, and because Shiva opening his third eye was meant to annihilate the universe, but I hadn't considered it from this angle before. Hmm...

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 25 February 2014, 19:18:11 »
There captured Liao tanks that the AFFS uses.

Look up manufacturer, Kressly Warworks and the planet, Epsilon Eridani. The Cappellans lose the planet in 3040 to FedCom, captureing many items in turn, the Brutus being one.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #15 on: 25 February 2014, 19:44:17 »
Sold, sir. O0

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #16 on: 25 February 2014, 22:46:55 »
Id also be very tempted to use the Men Shen as maybe a poster Mech of the unit it was the Capellan's first home grown OmniMech and a decent design too.

If your thinking Celestials Archangel will bring fear, revulsion and anger but if you really want to twist the screw on your enemies anger/confusion some of the Republics new toys look a lot like the Celestials being former ComStar in origin

I personally fully support this units future success although being at work limits my input...
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #17 on: 26 February 2014, 02:14:38 »
Oh, I liked it originally for the rule-of-cool way it sounds, and because Shiva opening his third eye was meant to annihilate the universe, but I hadn't considered it from this angle before. Hmm...

Now..you could call it Warrior House Nataraja, which is SPECIFICALLY, the aspect of Shiva in the
Dance of Destruction. Or, you could name it Raktabija, after the "demon" that Kali slew by laying Her
tongue over the battlefield to stop its blood from touching the ground(and thus duplicating itself),
but that by doing so drove Her temporarily mad(thus requiring Shiva to step in and stop Her from
burning the world)
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #18 on: 27 February 2014, 17:36:25 »
Id also be very tempted to use the Men Shen as maybe a poster Mech of the unit it was the Capellan's first home grown OmniMech and a decent design too.

That's not a bad idea at all!

If your thinking Celestials Archangel will bring fear, revulsion and anger but if you really want to twist the screw on your enemies anger/confusion some of the Republics new toys look a lot like the Celestials being former ComStar in origin

I was actually thinking of having an augmented command lance that would be purely Blakist designs: four Celestials and a smattering of BA.  They'd probably be piloted by the Phansigar (Thuggee Manei Domini from ISP2).  How does that sound?

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 28 February 2014, 09:55:41 »
Not a bad plan.

Of the Celestials
Malak was the first so could have slipped through the Word's fingers to Kali

Petra doesn't really point either way

The Grigori is described as prolific

Deva is particularly common (for Celestials)

The Seraph specifically says in its description that Kali Liao had several in her "Warrior Houses"

Archangels are super rare.

If your going with a single Level I or even just a lance a Grigori, Deva, Seraph and Petra or Malak are all possibles if you want to be particular mean theres also the Archangel.

From Capellans you've got the Men Shen as the Capellans first Omni its got a good look in.  Classic Capellan designs the Raven, Vindicator, Catapult and Cataphract are also all potentials to give it the Capellan feel.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #20 on: 28 February 2014, 17:02:54 »
That's a fantastic breakdown, Dragon Cat, and one that I really needed because I'm not at all familiar with the Celestials, having never used them in a game before. Your notes here REALLY help! O0

I also wanted to note that I won't use Blakist organization (Level Is, etc.), not only because of this being a Capellan formation, but also because I have next to no knowledge of how the Blakists and ComStar organize things!  ;D

I'm thinking for my command lance, I'm going to have an Archangel (what better ride for my House Master?), a Seraph (because they were so common in the original Thuggee Warrior Houses), a Deva (I find the Indian naming convention very fitting) and a Malak (I like the look and it seems like it'd be a good choice for a light model). Since the lance is augmented, that also means I'd need some battle armor, so I'm thinking Demon series here... >:D

Everything else in the Warrior House, and I mean everything, will be 100% Made In The CapCon. This is an amazing start... thank you guys so much for all the feedback! I'm really looking forward to unleashing hell against the Davionistas in the Dark Age with this unit!

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 28 February 2014, 23:01:35 »
That's a fantastic breakdown, Dragon Cat, and one that I really needed because I'm not at all familiar with the Celestials, having never used them in a game before. Your notes here REALLY help!

I also wanted to note that I won't use Blakist organization (Level Is, etc.), not only because of this being a Capellan formation, but also because I have next to no knowledge of how the Blakists and ComStar organize things!  ;D

ComStar and the Blakists operate in pretty much the same way.  On a base of 6 elements (a single element a BattleMech, a Fighter, tank or infantry squad - think the Clans but they don't double up on armour vehicles points.)  They also mix units in the same way as the Clans do so you can have a Level II (which is 6 Level Is) made up of a Mech, 2 armoured vehicles a Battle Armour Point and 2 infantry squads if you really wanted or 4 vehicles and 2 BA points.  Blakist Battle Armour points also tended to have 6 suits per squad but this being a Capellan unit you could reduce that to 4.

Each of there units (and especially the Celestials) use the C3i computer to coordinate their fire.  This allows up to 6 units to "speak" with each other and share information without the need for a master computer (it works fine with the four if you want to stick with it)  It doesn't work on company or Battalion level like the expanded C3 networks.

How big did you plan the unit to be?

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #22 on: 28 February 2014, 23:13:51 »
Hmm...I'm thinking maybe one of the augmented regiments that I read the Capellans use post-Jihad? What do you think?

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #23 on: 01 March 2014, 01:19:26 »
Traditionally the Warrior Houses are a Mech Battalion & a Battalion of Infantry with optional aerospace and armour

Given its 3145 timeframe anything is really an option so there's nothing wrong with the augmented regiment

Me personally I'd maybe look at a reinforced Battalion of Mechs

A mixed battalion of infantry/battle armour

Maybe an artillery company on the side

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #24 on: 01 March 2014, 03:02:02 »
In 3145 the Warrior Houses have been expanded to twin augmented 'Mech battalions and twin augmented battlesuit battalions. I worked up a Capellan Warrior House for a campaign of my own a little while back: have a look and see if that helps give you some ideas for layout.

House Ma-Tsu Kai (3145)

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #25 on: 01 March 2014, 09:08:29 »
...I *love* how you set up your version of Ma-Tsu Kai! This is exactly what I had in mind when I conceived of my own Warrior House, and I wonder if it would be alright if I used it as a template?

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #26 on: 01 March 2014, 09:16:41 »
Absolutely, go for it. Bear in mind, however, that I used augmented armor lances in the 3rd and 4th battalions rather than augmented BA lances because the force ratios would have left me with a bunch of suits that had nothing to ride on/in (a major pet peeve of mine). So it doesn't hew perfectly to canon in that regard.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #27 on: 01 March 2014, 09:23:35 »
No, that's fine by me, because I wanted to perhaps hold back on some armor in exchange for some vehicles anyway, so what you did works out perfectly. And I'd have totally forgotten to give my BA adequate transportation, too, LOL.

Hmm. Now I suppose I need to start figuring out unit choices, then I will move on to aerospace units attached.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #28 on: 01 March 2014, 09:41:31 »
An aside on aerospace: House Dai Da Chi is the only Warrior House that has ever had organic aerospace assets (a deviation from the traditional structure that had to be personally approved by the Chancellor). Normally, if a Warrior House needs aero support they simply divert what they need from the nearest available Capellan Navy fleet regiment or regular CCAF (note that this is also how they get support personnel, like technicians, medical staff, ship crewmen, etc.; only their Mechwarriors, tankers and infantry are actual House members).

- Klarg1

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #29 on: 01 March 2014, 10:03:43 »
Oh, that part I did know, but keep in mind that this unit isn't a real Warrior House, either, but a hidden Thuggee force like the originals. And yet, there is perhaps no real need to even flesh out the aerospace forces anyway...at least until I get more familiar with those units. I figure I can plug all that stuff in on an as-needed basis.

So now I'm thinking this: an augmented 'Mech battalion and an augmented armor (as modified from BA per your suggestion, Kojak) battalion of 3145-era Capellan design, and a Level III consisting of three Level IIs of Celestials and three Level IIs of Demons that would be the core of the unit.  The first two battalions will have Capellan pilots with Warrior House ranking structures, and the Level III will consist purely of Phansigar (Thuggee Manei Domini, rules for which I found in ISP2) with Thuggee ranks, including the House Master/Risildar.

A bit understrength from the 3145 Warrior House structure, but I think I can live with that, as five battalions (2 augmented Mech battalions and 2 augmented armor battalions plus the Level III) seemed a bit unreasonable to me.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: 01 March 2014, 11:46:50 by tassa_kay »

Register