Author Topic: NHL 2013-14  (Read 57524 times)

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: NHL 2013-14
« Reply #600 on: 18 April 2014, 21:58:52 »
And Montreal got a second win tonigh [watch] [rockon] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

I didn't watch any of that one, but from what it looked like the Lightning need Ben Bishop back right about yesterday, or this series is over.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #601 on: 19 April 2014, 00:28:40 »
Tampa'll need to win at least one game in Montreal to make it out of this series. The crowds in Montreal will be unkind.

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
« Reply #602 on: 19 April 2014, 07:13:03 »
Do you expect nothing less?  ^-^ >:D >:D #P

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #603 on: 19 April 2014, 17:31:06 »
Well, my gut feeling that the Blues were going to be in fairly big trouble drawing the Blackhawks in Round 1 turned out to be bad gas.  What a game!  Another OT performance between two well-matched teams. 

The hitting was ferocious this game.  Seabrook almost put Backes through the wall.  Hope he's OK...  Seabs may get the hammer for this and it will not help his teams cause as they fall behind two games to none.

Looking forward to Pens and Jackets, Avs and Wild.   8)
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #604 on: 19 April 2014, 21:58:39 »
Upon seeing the first ever playoff victory for my team, I may have woken up my dog with hooting and hollering.

And the neighbours dog.
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:37:55 PM) moonsword134: You're a bastard.
(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #605 on: 20 April 2014, 00:03:26 »
Nathan MacKinnon and Gabriel Landeskog are freaking RIDICULOUS.

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #606 on: 20 April 2014, 00:20:56 »
Nathan MacKinnon and Gabriel Landeskog are freaking RIDICULOUS.

MacKinnon and Stastny were in on all 4 goals!?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #607 on: 20 April 2014, 00:29:51 »
Hottest line on ice right now.  They sets the *%@$ on fire.   ;D

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
« Reply #608 on: 20 April 2014, 21:01:36 »
And now, Montreal lead 3-nothing this battle!  >:D #P

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #609 on: 20 April 2014, 21:52:09 »
I cannot for the life of me figure out why Tampa's would-be second goal was waved off. I've watched that replay half a dozen times, and I'm totally baffled.

+Crow T. Robot+

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
« Reply #610 on: 20 April 2014, 22:00:51 »
Worst part is that a lot of Montrealers agrees with you...  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #611 on: 20 April 2014, 23:08:27 »
Chara's a damned scary dude when he's smiling.  That was some brutal old time hockey earlier today.  Wings will have to score more than just one soon.  Bruins played like they were going to win a Cup, that's what I thought about that first period.  They have the experience and the ability and it's their time.  The rest of the game was in-hand after the tone was set like that. 

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #612 on: 20 April 2014, 23:22:00 »
Chara's a damned scary dude when he's smiling.  That was some brutal old time hockey earlier today.  Wings will have to score more than just one soon.  Bruins played like they were going to win a Cup, that's what I thought about that first period.  They have the experience and the ability and it's their time.  The rest of the game was in-hand after the tone was set like that.

God, that was funny. I have no doubt Smith is a tough kid, but... walk away, junior, walk away. When the guy is laughing his ass off at you and holding you at arms' length, this isn't going to go well if you pursue it further.

+Crow T. Robot+

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #613 on: 20 April 2014, 23:57:01 »
God, that was funny. I have no doubt Smith is a tough kid, but... walk away, junior, walk away. When the guy is laughing his ass off at you and holding you at arms' length, this isn't going to go well if you pursue it further.

It was funny in that frustrating sort of way.  Little horrifying.   ;)

But yeah, Zedno didn't want to fight or he would have swung.  Smith was just huffy about the singling out.  If Smith does not crack from all of this, it will make him stronger, no doubt about that. 

They'll all see the tape.  The boys will have two games at home here to try and make the Bruins' series as uncomfortable as possible.  But if they play like they did in the first, I think few or rather no team, really, could withstand that pounding.   

PS: Holy Sharktic Vortex, Batman!  (Don't tell syfy that one  ;D it's mine)  San Jose is an unstoppable offensive machine in two games against the Kings.
« Last Edit: 21 April 2014, 00:04:55 by rebs »

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #614 on: 21 April 2014, 00:11:42 »
It was funny in that frustrating sort of way.  Little horrifying.   ;)

But yeah, Zedno didn't want to fight or he would have swung.  Smith was just huffy about the singling out.  If Smith does not crack from all of this, it will make him stronger, no doubt about that. 

They'll all see the tape.  The boys will have two games at home here to try and make the Bruins' series as uncomfortable as possible.  But if they play like they did in the first, I think few or rather no team, really, could withstand that pounding.   

PS: Holy Sharktic Vortex, Batman!  (Don't tell syfy that one  ;D it's mine)  San Jose is an unstoppable offensive machine in two games against the Kings.

The Kings are normally an excellent possession team, but both games they've been bleeding shots against to the Sharks like they were the Leafs or something  ???

Maybe the Sharks are still ticked that LA eliminated them last season...

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #615 on: 21 April 2014, 02:14:05 »
The Kings are normally an excellent possession team, but both games they've been bleeding shots against to the Sharks like they were the Leafs or something  ???

Maybe the Sharks are still ticked that LA eliminated them last season...

Whatever it is, the Kings had better find an answer for it pronto. This is ugly so far.

+Crow T. Robot+

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #616 on: 21 April 2014, 16:53:49 »
The whole Chara vs Smith incident reminds me of the scene from Spaceballs where Lonestar (Bill Pulman) is sitting there holding Dark Helmet (Rick Morranis) in place while he is swing wildly away with his schwartz.  Good for Smith's health though that he only got a face wash. 

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #617 on: 21 April 2014, 20:08:09 »
Oh, Matt Cooke, how we've missed you...

If he doesn't get a few games off for that shit-show, it's a travesty.

+Crow T. Robot+

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #618 on: 21 April 2014, 21:42:16 »
Pens & Jackets, here's the winning strategy for game 4: Give up the first two goals.

It's worked so far.    ???
I have spoken.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #619 on: 21 April 2014, 23:31:56 »
Oh, Matt Cooke, how we've missed you...

If he doesn't get a few games off for that shit-show, it's a travesty.

I'll say 1 game. It was a dumb play and it's going to cost the Avs in long run Barrie for a long stretch.  Cookie hasn't been suspended in 3 years now?  So the puts him outside of repeat offender territory believe?

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #620 on: 21 April 2014, 23:42:08 »
I'll say 1 game. It was a dumb play and it's going to cost the Avs in long run Barrie for a long stretch.  Cookie hasn't been suspended in 3 years now?  So the puts him outside of repeat offender territory believe?

Three sounds about right, but... there were several prior to that, plus a very iffy decision to make on the issue with Erik Karlsson (I do believe that one was accidental, but taken as part of the larger picture...)

Remember that his last suspension saw him miss an entire playoff run. Three years between them or not, there's a prior pattern of disturbing behavior. If he's allowed back in this series, at the very least, I'll be pretty surprised. If it was someone else- hell, almost anyone else- I'd say a couple of games. Because it's HIM, and he has the history he does, I'd ask for a bare minimum of four games- and even that would be surprisingly lenient.

EDIT: Cooke has been invited for an in-person hearing tomorrow... That's not a good sign for him.
« Last Edit: 22 April 2014, 01:22:16 by JadeHellbringer »

+Crow T. Robot+

sir_spamalot

• Major
  • Pip pip Spammy O. Jolly good can then.
    • Really Pathetic Productions
« Reply #621 on: 22 April 2014, 14:03:40 »
Saw this and thought it was too funny not to share...

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #622 on: 22 April 2014, 17:01:30 »
Saw this and thought it was too funny not to share...
snip

Even the baby knows that re-signing Niskanen is top priority for the Pens.  O0

EDIT: Cooke has been invited for an in-person hearing tomorrow... That's not a good sign for him.

I think times will be changing really soon with regard to trying to mitigate some of the more extreme violence of the sport.  We knew that was coming one day, GMs were quoted talking about how fighting will one day be eliminated more than a few times this off season and during the season as well.  But I think this playoff will be remembered for speeding that change. 

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #623 on: 22 April 2014, 20:08:54 »
TSN signed Luongo to a 2 day contract as an analyst on their panel for I think the 27th, 28th.   ;D

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #624 on: 22 April 2014, 20:13:41 »
TSN signed Luongo to a 2 day contract as an analyst on their panel for I think the 27th, 28th.   ;D

Wait, really? I didn't think they could do that.

Not that I'm complaining. That's awesome! He's a lot of fun in interviews and on Twitter especially, so let's see if that translates to analysis. He's getting up in years, I'd love to see him go into announcing after he finally hangs them up.

+Crow T. Robot+

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
« Reply #625 on: 22 April 2014, 20:53:15 »
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450017

Wouldn't it be hilarious if he showed up in something Don Cherry would wear?  >:D

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #626 on: 22 April 2014, 21:12:59 »
That was painful.  Seriously.  Red Wings looked bad right out of the gate and never recovered.  That tone set in period one of last game was still in effect it looked like.  We were giving the Bruins all the room and not hustling, and certainly not hustling with skill. 

Tuuka got the shutout, but the whole team got assists on it.  It was a team game, big time. 

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #627 on: 22 April 2014, 21:14:54 »
That was painful.  Seriously.  Red Wings looked bad right out of the gate and never recovered.  That tone set in period one of last game was still in effect it looked like.  We were giving the Bruins all the room and not hustling, and certainly not hustling with skill. 

Tuuka got the shutout, but the whole team got assists on it.  It was a team game, big time.

The sleeping giant napped in game 1... I think they're awake now.

It could just as easily have been 4-0- that shot by Hamilton in the first that went off the post literally made me spit out my ice water a little.

+Crow T. Robot+

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #628 on: 23 April 2014, 00:35:55 »
So the Habs are in the second round and LA being out LA'd by the Sharks.  The Sharks just appear to be putting on a clinic this series.  Even though it was a one goal game tonight, the Kings only looked like that control for a few shifts outside of OT.  The Sharks would just keep the center of the ice cleared out and if they didn't and a puck got to Niemi they just cleared it out.  They certainly can't give up 23 shots in a period again if they want to win.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #629 on: 23 April 2014, 00:39:07 »
I'm not surprised the Sharks are playing well. But that the Kings are this awful? Stunned. At least this one required OT, but... who would have thought this a week and a half ago?

+Crow T. Robot+