Author Topic: How many Kerensky's are there  (Read 7326 times)

Joe mallan

• Private
  • yeah... I know.
    • Murphy's Law Gaming
How many Kerensky's are there
« on: 03 October 2013, 12:17:46 »
I am in a discussion with some folks on the MWO forum and we are looking to see if there are 25 or 50 Kerensky Bloodnamed warriors. 25 each for Anrdy and Nicholas Kerensky. My thought would be that thee are only 25 Kerensky's total including for Ulrik and Natasha.
www.murphyslawgaming.com

We are a MercCorp affiliated with House Steiner. We are openly recruiting Military and former Military personal. Not a serviceman, not a problem we like you to.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
Re: How many Kerensky's are there
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2013, 12:22:03 »
There should be 50. The Kerensky brothers had separate Bloodlines, and each line would have 25.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2013, 12:24:19 »
It would be 25 for each Kerensky bloodline, for a total of 50, per Operation Klondike.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Joe mallan

• Private
  • yeah... I know.
    • Murphy's Law Gaming
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2013, 12:25:28 »
Thank You.
www.murphyslawgaming.com

We are a MercCorp affiliated with House Steiner. We are openly recruiting Military and former Military personal. Not a serviceman, not a problem we like you to.

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2013, 12:36:15 »
Modern times, however, that number may be fewer with Reavings and whatnot.  Most bloodlines had their bloodcounts reduced after the Wars of Reaving.
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

Joe mallan

• Private
  • yeah... I know.
    • Murphy's Law Gaming
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2013, 13:00:33 »
I was looking at the 3050 timeline. It gets very funky in a few years. :-\
www.murphyslawgaming.com

Stormwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 03 October 2013, 14:19:17 »
I was looking at the 3050 timeline. It gets very funky in a few years. :-\

You can get a overview of active warriors in the Inner Sphere from that period in the Clan Wolf sourcebook. At any rate, there should be 2 Kerensky lines with a combined max of 50 bloodnamed warriors.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 03 October 2013, 16:18:42 »
Is it known from which line Natascha and Ulric came from ?

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 03 October 2013, 18:37:11 »
Doesn't Clan Wolf in Exile have Kerensky Bloodlines as well?  So wouldn't that make 100 in total?

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 03 October 2013, 18:53:13 »
Is it known from which line Natascha and Ulric came from ?

Not that I have ever come across.  Maybe ask the writers, but that is probably a case of "Too small to actually care" sort of things.

Then again, looking at Anastasia Kerensky and how kinda crazy she was, I wouldn't be surprised if SHE were descended from Nicholas.
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #10 on: 03 October 2013, 23:24:50 »
Not that I have ever come across.  Maybe ask the writers, but that is probably a case of "Too small to actually care" sort of things.

Then again, looking at Anastasia Kerensky and how kinda crazy she was, I wouldn't be surprised if SHE were descended from Nicholas.

Anna K. is Nasty K's genetic daughter. Her Genfather is a mystery that WiE are very tight-lipped about.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 04 October 2013, 01:09:29 »
Doesn't Clan Wolf in Exile have Kerensky Bloodlines as well?  So wouldn't that make 100 in total?

Agree with this.

Stormwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 04 October 2013, 02:27:48 »

IIRC, the legacies remained with the Crusader Wolves, I don't think that the exact divide was ever mentioned (correct me if I'm wrong here).

Though I know that the Kell bloodname is exclusive to WiE.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 04 October 2013, 02:35:08 »
I thought each Wolf half maintained their own set of Wolf legacies which were identical to each other except the Exiles adding the Kell bloodname

Stormwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 04 October 2013, 03:09:48 »
I thought each Wolf half maintained their own set of Wolf legacies which were identical to each other except the Exiles adding the Kell bloodname

I'm not sure, I don't have access to my books right now.

We could always post a question in the ask the writers section.

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
« Reply #15 on: 04 October 2013, 04:55:19 »

I may be wrong, but I think they way it worked, when the Xies were abjured, the Grand Council abjured the blood legacies of the Bloodnamed that were part of the Exiles (with the exception of Phelan's Wrd legacy, which was stripped and given to Vlad).  Thus, there are two sets of legacies, thise held by the Wolves and those by the Exiles (theones that were abjured).  The Wolves obviously don't use abjured legacies, but the Esiles, being abjured, I woukd guess don't get access to any bloodrights to names still held by "real" Clans regardless of heritage.

So each has their own set of bloodnames, with the total bloodcount between them being less than 25 (to account for reavings and such over the centuries).

Though, just a thought.  Each could in theory allow rejuvenations independant of each other, and thus raise the bloodcount for each bloodname over 25.
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #16 on: 04 October 2013, 20:24:05 »
I'm pretty sure the CWX are content playing their own game, and having their own bloodnamed, with no regard to what CWF do
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 04 October 2013, 22:46:13 »
Per FM:WC (p156):  "Because Alpha Galaxy took comparatively light casualties in the Refusal War, the Inner Sphere Wolves possess a large number of Bloodnamed warriors.  Defying the Abjuration, the Wolves (in Exile) have all retained their Bloodnames, except for Phelan's Bloodname of Ward.  This gives Khan Kell's followers access to enough legal Bloodnames to satisfy junior warriors."
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 05 October 2013, 11:35:55 »
I understand that the total number has not changed by the Abjuration. The Clan Wolves will not use the abjured ones. And the CWiE just use the abjured they possess. No duplication or anything like this. I think in the first years many Wolves hoped for a reunification and were interested in not creating confusion about Possession of specific bloodrights.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 12 October 2013, 10:12:25 »
So each has their own set of bloodnames, with the total bloodcount between them being less than 25 (to account for reavings and such over the centuries).

I'd like to see the clanner khan (wolf or otherwise) who would declare a reaving on the kerenky bloodname. That's a one way ticket to ToA town.

I may be wrong, but I think they way it worked, when the Xies were abjured, the Grand Council abjured the blood legacies of the Bloodnamed that were part of the Exiles (with the exception of Phelan's Wrd legacy, which was stripped and given to Vlad).  Thus, there are two sets of legacies, thise held by the Wolves and those by the Exiles (theones that were abjured).  The Wolves obviously don't use abjured legacies, but the Esiles, being abjured, I woukd guess don't get access to any bloodrights to names still held by "real" Clans regardless of heritage.

Though, just a thought.  Each could in theory allow rejuvenations independant of each other, and thus raise the bloodcount for each bloodname over 25.

Abjuring the specific legaices of warriors is one thing, abjuring an entire bloodname hasn't been done sine khan steele.
I extremely doubt that the wolf bloodhouses  were neatly seperated into crusader/warden. It's unlikely statiscally that all 25 active bloodnamed of a bloodhouse would all be either crusader or warden, though considering that bloodhouses are a kind of a fraternity it's not impossible; but that all of them were? That just impossible.

Unless presented with cannon proof I'm just going to assume that CWF&CWX share the bloodnames.
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 12 October 2013, 10:32:26 »
Guys, remember bloodname=/=legacy.
Each clan has ~40 bloodnames, but legacies? each bloodname could have thousands of legacies. The legacies of a clan include every trueborn warrior that was ever born in their ranks (though they obviously wouldn't actualy use legacies belonging to washouts or dishonored warriors, but they exist). Different clans can share legacies of warriors taken as bondsman (though they may not be able to claim their bloodname, if it's exclusive to another clan).

Remember that ulric planned the exile in advance, and I remember reading that the exiles brought copies of the genetic legaices of the wolf (it was like twenty years ago, so I don't remember the specifics). They may even took the original legacies, because I remember the "jade wolves" had a serious problem creating new sibkos because of lack of genetic something somehing (long long time ago...).
It was the plot of "ghost bear's legacy".

Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #21 on: 12 October 2013, 11:56:36 »
Ulric Kerensky outfitted Phelans Wolves with a cutting of Clan society, a number of scientist, merchants, etc and the more promising sibko's as well and copys of the Clans Genetic Legacys. So its a good bet the WiE have access to the Andery and Nicky K legacys as well as any captured ones from other Clans up until the split and abjuration. There main problem was the facilities to use them had to be built before they could be used. Sort of put the Wolves and the WiE iin close to the same spot, the Wolves lacked a few generations of sibkos as they were with the WiE, so reinforcements from that end were long in coming and the WiE weren't getting any sibkos started until they built Iron Wombs and the facilities to raise them.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
« Reply #22 on: 13 October 2013, 06:07:53 »
Question:  the Exiles brought with them copies of Clan Wolf's genetic legacies.

Did that include the Kerenskies?  If so, then why was the Co6 so upset at the idea of the loss of the ones on Strana Mechty?

Also, did the Exies bring copies of the old Widowmaker genes too (since thise are now Wolf too)?
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 13 October 2013, 09:10:20 »
They probably brought a copy of everything, since they had to start from scratch. The Co6 maybe doesn't recognize the exiled kerensky, as they're abjured and don't count as clan in their eyes.

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 13 October 2013, 11:10:02 »
They probably brought a copy of everything, since they had to start from scratch. The Co6 maybe doesn't recognize the exiled kerensky, as they're abjured and don't count as clan in their eyes.

That is correct, although they do still have some dealings with them.  The Hellstar is a perfect example because it was a joint project between the Exiles and the Horses, and I am sure the Sharks still trade with them.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

ColonelCody

• Lieutenant
  • "What We Have Here, Is Failure To Communicate"
« Reply #25 on: 13 October 2013, 13:21:57 »
Is it known from which line Natasha and Ulric came from ?
I seem to rememebr something being said about how they are descended DIRECTLY from the Father of the Clans. Nicholas, so I would imagine probably thru his sons etc. Not from Andery. as for Natasha's daughte,r Maybe her Gene-Daddy was Joshua?

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #26 on: 13 October 2013, 14:04:45 »
Question:  the Exiles brought with them copies of Clan Wolf's genetic legacies.

Did that include the Kerenskies?  If so, then why was the Co6 so upset at the idea of the loss of the ones on Strana Mechty?

Also, did the Exies bring copies of the old Widowmaker genes too (since thise are now Wolf too)?

I bet that they just don't know CWX have copies of the founder legacies, if they do. The only ones in any real position to know would be CWF, and while they aren't buddies with CWX, they aren't exactly enemies either.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: 13 October 2013, 14:06:25 »
The thing with the horses was in the jihad, it goes in the same category of "crazy shit we did in the jihad" like gifting parts of their armies to the RAF (that's like the US giving Britain the marines).

And the foxes deal with anyone.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #28 on: 13 October 2013, 15:37:02 »
The thing with the horses was in the jihad, it goes in the same category of "crazy shit we did in the jihad" like gifting parts of their armies to the RAF (that's like the US giving Britain the marines).

Well it was generally units that wanted to go and were thus questionable in the loyalty department. Better to give up the units in question and incur a favor from the RoTS than have a unit that might not listen to orders down the road.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #29 on: 13 October 2013, 16:05:03 »

True, although it is still clear evidence that they consider the Exiles at least partially Clan because they would not do that with a successor state.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.