Author Topic: (Answered) Vehicle Damage Transfer  (Read 2331 times)

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
(Answered) Vehicle Damage Transfer
« on: 09 October 2013, 01:18:03 »
OK, Pretty sure this belongs here.

I was thinking about how the damage rules for VTOLs have changed in the latest errata and something came to me.

What happens when a vehicle suffers enough damage for it to be destroyed, but there is still damage left over or additional attacks against it to be resolved? While is isn't a problem any more at the TW level with the latest errata to VTOLs (VTOLs with destroyed rotor are now considered destroyed, previously they merely, meaning they lost a location but where still on the field) it is at the campaign/StratOps level, that vehicle can be repaired once it is salvaged
« Last Edit: 09 October 2013, 08:47:52 by Paul »

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: Vehicle Damage Transfer
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2013, 08:47:22 »
This belongs in the SO forum.

You're supposed to resolve all incoming damage if you care about salvage. Vehicle/Mech destruction does not make the unit immune to more damage. IE, don't forget about falling damage on 'destroyed' 'Mechs.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: (Answered) Vehicle Damage Transfer
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2013, 22:06:06 »
Not what I was asking.

I have a vehicle with 10 armor and 5 IS left in a location, that location is struck by an AC/20, what happens to the last 5 points of damage? Additionally there are more attacks against that vehicle that turn, what happens if one of them rolls the location that has just been completely destroyed?

Paul

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2013, 22:08:41 »
I have a vehicle with 10 armor and 5 IS left in a location, that location is struck by an AC/20, what happens to the last 5 points of damage?

Excess damage transfers, which in vehicles is never relevant. In your example, the last 5 damage is lost.

Additionally there are more attacks against that vehicle that turn, what happens if one of them rolls the location that has just been completely destroyed?

That damage is also lost. But if they strike a location that still exists, you resolve damage to them.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 09 October 2013, 23:28:54 »
Cool, should this be added as errata somewhere? TW would be the right place, correct? And does this apply to other unit type that lacks damage transfer? Like Aerospace?

Paul

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 10 October 2013, 07:05:06 »
No errata needed; that's just how the rules work.