Author Topic: (Answered) Tech rating for units  (Read 2788 times)

Soutek

• Sergeant
(Answered) Tech rating for units
« on: 11 October 2013, 03:39:13 »
Where do I find tech ratings for individual units? The examples listed in SO give an Atlas with  tech rating of D and a Clint with a rating of B (IIRC) - how was this determined? Is there a table listing tech ratings or do you just make it up? A rough guide would be useful if I have to make it up myself.
« Last Edit: 16 October 2013, 16:34:33 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Tech rating for units
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2013, 16:34:25 »
The Tech Rating of a unit is the highest Tech Rating of the components of the unit.  The Tech Rating for components are listed along with the construction rules for the component, so most are in Tech Manual.  SO p. 175 has an example for the AXM-1N of determining the Tech Rating of the AXM-1N as part of example maintenance on that unit.

SO p. 169 has an example maintenance with an Atlas and a Clint.  Both are Tech Rating D.  The Clint has a Quality Rating of B (and the Atlas a D).  Quality Rating starts at D (Average) or depends on Faction/Era (see SO p. 167), but is likely to decrease over time.  The Clint's Quality Rating is lower because it's "a battered veteran of the Succession Wars", not because it's a Clint.  The Atlas' Quality Rating is still D because it's "fresh off the Defiance Industries production line".
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0