Author Topic: Battletech Fanfiction Links  (Read 74488 times)

Diablo48

• Major
Re: Battletech Fanfiction Links
« Reply #30 on: 21 March 2011, 12:54:10 »
  The original version died two forum crashes ago.  :'(  I've got it saved to my HDD, but I'm not sure I should repost it (or put it up as a downloadable file) without permission from the original authors.  :-\

(Speaking of whom: has anyone seen Cannonshop here since the latest Reset?  I can't find him on searching the username list....   :-\)

That stinks.  As for reposting, I have not seen the original authors around either, but because it was originally posted in a public domain you would probably be safe if you put it up as an attachment with a big obvious disclaimer that it is their work and not yours.  Of course, I am in no way certain of this and they still might not be happy about it, but if you cannot get in contact with any of the original authors after reasonable effort I think you are probably safe if you add the disclaimer and note that you will remove it if they want.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #31 on: 09 April 2011, 16:00:05 »
Found this one:
'Ghost Riders' by The Ferryman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6671074/1/
It is a misjump into the future story.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #32 on: 11 April 2011, 14:39:15 »
'm not dead yet.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 11 April 2011, 14:52:06 »
Found this one:
'Ghost Riders' by The Ferryman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6671074/1/
It is a misjump into the future story.

i read the first few pages.... looks good.... will you repost it here? 

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 11 April 2011, 14:53:15 »
'm not dead yet.

welcome back long time no hear

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #35 on: 11 April 2011, 14:59:25 »
There was a lot of good fiction posted here that got lost.

Tokage

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 11 April 2011, 15:53:52 »
'm not dead yet.

... assuming you really are Giovanni and not some wannabe who's stolen his name.  ;)

Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men. - HRH D. Dravot

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #37 on: 11 April 2011, 16:09:58 »
Heh. :)  Chanman can confirm in any case.

Going through my files, want to repost cleaned-up Sybil before cleaned-up Knock, Nock. Evidently, don't have the former on phone or tablet. Had hoped to restart posting while waiting in urgent care today (having this lovely "who stabbed me?" pain in my side when I cough).

Oh, and Quickoffice Pro can't read RTF files?  Really?
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: 11 April 2011, 18:35:21 »
Heh. :)  Chanman can confirm in any case.

Going through my files, want to repost cleaned-up Sybil before cleaned-up Knock, Nock. Evidently, don't have the former on phone or tablet. Had hoped to restart posting while waiting in urgent care today (having this lovely "who stabbed me?" pain in my side when I cough).

Oh, and Quickoffice Pro can't read RTF files?  Really?

dude hope you feel better...spent more than my share of time in the body and fender shop myself.  looking forward to reading your work again... it is one the hight lights of this web page..

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 11 April 2011, 21:28:54 »
dude hope you feel better...spent more than my share of time in the body and fender shop myself.  looking forward to reading your work again... it is one the hight lights of this web page..

Same here, it is good to have you back Giovanni Blasini.

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #40 on: 12 April 2011, 01:52:52 »
i read the first few pages.... looks good.... will you repost it here?

I am not the author, I just posted a link to it.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

basil_B

• Recruit
« Reply #41 on: 16 April 2011, 10:29:30 »
To the gents that been asking where to find the link to 'The Saotome Gambit', I found it here at http://vffa.ficfan.org/, just scroll down and click The Saotome gambit.

Greyhind

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm Watching You
« Reply #42 on: 25 April 2011, 08:14:55 »
The Littlest Elemental is not only well written but it is nice and chunky as well.

sandstorm

• Lieutenant
  • Slayers Clear the Way
« Reply #43 on: 09 May 2011, 03:12:47 »
Has anyone seen Mohammad As'Zaman Bey lately? Like either after latest crash, or half a year before that?
Ex Dubio, Obscura
--------------------
"Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it."

Hellfire

• Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: 12 May 2011, 22:29:59 »
Exodus of Stars a Mass Effect crossover with the Exodus Fleet has reached chapter 3, first contact with the Quarians. I've got my fingers crossed on this one.

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 12 May 2011, 22:58:47 »
Exodus of Stars a Mass Effect crossover with the Exodus Fleet has reached chapter 3, first contact with the Quarians. I've got my fingers crossed on this one.

It does look like it could be very good, the first contact scene was well thought out with how it addressed issues like language and the incompatibility of airlocks.  I just hope the author ignores the idiots in the thread pushing for insane technologies like a KF drive that does not need jump points and has a drastically increased range.

Atlan

• Sergeant
« Reply #46 on: 09 July 2011, 20:14:53 »
First post updated, with:
drakensis's Riding the Dragon
Deadborder's new stuff, and the rewrites of his old stuff
Exodus of the Stars
Links to the full version of The Saotome Gambit

EDIT:
BT/Clancyverse Round Robin Thread
The Thessalonica Legacy
/EDIT

And once more, if anyone knows where to find Cannonshop, could they please ask him/her to post the Kowloon stuff somewhere I can link to?
« Last Edit: 10 July 2011, 18:57:07 by Atlan »

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #47 on: 15 August 2011, 03:46:04 »
 For those who remember Big Steve's 'Scorched Earth' series (a near-epic-length BTech/Near-Modern Earth crossover), he's doing a reboot over on SB.com.  Clan Smoke Jaguar discovers a 'spatial rift' in the Huntress system which leads to a war-torn world... and the other rift in that world's system means that holding it could be the key to victory for (or against) the Clans.

Discussion/worldbuilding thread
Ficlet "Small Victories"
Main story thread #1: "Enemy at the Gates"

Atlan

• Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 20 August 2011, 15:49:37 »
Update to original post:

Big Steve's Mechwarrior: Scorched Earth
master arminas's:
                             Long Road home Repost & continuation
                             The Seekers
                             Operation Revival Reborn

And, as always, a request that anyone who happons upon cannonshop's Kowloon stories they either post a link here, or convince cannonshop to repost them.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #49 on: 20 August 2011, 17:06:56 »
For my alternate timeline links in my signature,

The first link my main timeline link here on the CBT forum, throughout it has links to units I have posted for the timeline and mini stories.

The second link - everything together on the ourbattletech.com website - the Dragon Cat Collection - all the stories, all the tech, all the factions detailed including a map for registered users of the site.

Hope you enjoy - comments, questions, requests always welcome
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Steve

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #50 on: 26 August 2011, 13:27:42 »
For those who remember Big Steve's 'Scorched Earth' series (a near-epic-length BTech/Near-Modern Earth crossover), he's doing a reboot over on SB.com.  Clan Smoke Jaguar discovers a 'spatial rift' in the Huntress system which leads to a war-torn world... and the other rift in that world's system means that holding it could be the key to victory for (or against) the Clans.

Discussion/worldbuilding thread
Ficlet "Small Victories"
Main story thread #1: "Enemy at the Gates"

Forgot my old registration here, so I re-registered.

Yes, let myself get into the thought of rebooting the ol' shame.  I blame getting my brain cooked in Florida's sun myself....

Anyway, the discussion/worldbuilding thread is there in part because I want to make the setting open for people to write their own stories in it, and I'll try to facilitate this by making things like OrBats and timelines available, as well as big events (I'm now kicking off the Battle for Minneapolis in the first main story; the next big event will probably be the Clan Invasion of Australia).  I suppose I might just post the threads here, though, with the links having been made...
"A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air." Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #51 on: 29 August 2011, 22:43:56 »
I rather like this thread.... I shall be of great help on my next night shift  [rockon]

Captain_Martius

« Reply #52 on: 06 September 2011, 07:15:44 »
Hi all,

Seems I had to re-register... it's been a long while since I've been here  :(

In any case, to add to the pool of previous fanfic, here a link to the ShadowLords TRO (english and german)

And my own little fanfic Barrett's Privateers, I hope you like it!

Cheers,

Capt'n

Greyhind

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm Watching You
« Reply #53 on: 18 September 2011, 16:58:16 »
For the Republic And For Us is a dark age republic fic that weaves a lance of mechwarriors into the defence of Northwind. 23 chapters, has used spellchecker writing.

Hellfire

• Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: 29 October 2011, 17:22:47 »
Cameron's Legacy: A survivor of a Comstar kill team on Caph devotes his life to taking down Comstar, from within and without.

Normally I don't recommend stories after only one chapter, but the prolog for this story could stand on it's own.

Edit: The rest of the story turned out to be ass, but what can you do?
« Last Edit: 19 March 2014, 23:15:31 by Hellfire »

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #55 on: 03 November 2011, 18:57:27 »
  For what's worth, folks, here are the ‘local’ links for the Virginia War stories on these boards:

Ense Petit Placidam
Meeting Engagement
Pieces of War anthology
  - Sea of Heartbreak pt.01, pt.02, pt.03, pt.04a, pt.04b

Please be aware that the recent board migration broke a lot of the formating and special-characters, so the first two stories are a little hard to read at the moment.  I intend to go in and fix that, but I’ll be making some other edits while I’m in there (including patching over the science flub inherent to ‘reading someone's RF traffic from another star-system’), so if you want to save off the current versions despite the broken special characters, you’d best do it soon.
« Last Edit: 10 November 2011, 07:33:08 by Trace Coburn »

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #56 on: 05 November 2011, 14:54:38 »
Concrete Dragons by Shades of Grey in HeavyMetalPro Forums. Small mercenary force with lance of UrbanMechs take garrison contract somewhere in Outback of Federated Suns. Time is shortly after Fourth Succession War.
Chapter #1 (revised)
Chapter #2 (revised)
Chapter #3 (revised)
First Battle Setup
First Battle Outcome
Bring Out Your Dead
Now Bury The Dead
Chapter #8
Chapter #9
Chapter #10
Chapter #11
Chapter #12
Chapter #13
Chapter #14
Chapter #15
Chapter #16
Chapter #17
Chapter #18

Brian couldn't suppress a chuckle. Renfro’s leaders were staring at the lowly UrbanMech like it was an Atlas or something. Angel was laughing too; she made her Urbie do a little dance step, then took a mechanical bow.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #57 on: 06 November 2011, 18:46:08 »
Concrete Dragons by Shades of Grey in HeavyMetalPro Forums. Small mercenary force with lance of UrbanMechs take garrison contract somewhere in Outback of Federated Suns. Time is shortly after Fourth Succession War.
Chapter #1 (revised)
Chapter #2 (revised)
Chapter #3 (revised)
First Battle Setup
First Battle Outcome
Bring Out Your Dead
Now Bury The Dead
Chapter #8
Chapter #9
Chapter #10
Chapter #11
Chapter #12
Chapter #13
Chapter #14
Chapter #15
Chapter #16
Chapter #17
Chapter #18

I just read through them all and greatly enjoyed them, so I was wondering if there was any news on an update because the last story is more than a year old.  I was also wondering if the author had any intention of posting them here and would get in touch with Shades of Grey directly, but I cannot get an e-mail address from the profile without creating an account on the HMP forums.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #58 on: 07 November 2011, 05:13:48 »
There is a designated BattleTech Fanon Wiki. It was not used in years, but I recently used it to copy over all Fanon sites from the Sarna.net BattleTech wiki.
There were a number of stories copied there, some of them not too bad.

(Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the BattleTech Fanon Wiki except for having copied over content that was going to be deleted on Sarna, and I didn't write any of those stories.)
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #59 on: 07 November 2011, 06:58:39 »
I just read through them all and greatly enjoyed them, so I was wondering if there was any news on an update because the last story is more than a year old.  I was also wondering if the author had any intention of posting them here and would get in touch with Shades of Grey directly, but I cannot get an e-mail address from the profile without creating an account on the HMP forums.
No idea. However since first chapter was originally written in 2003 and latest last year, it is possible we could see more of it. As far as I know, Grey doesn't have account on this forum and having copies of those stories on this forum could be pointless becouse this forum has been cleared before and likely will be in future.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.