Author Topic: Custom SPA's  (Read 1408 times)

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Custom SPA's
« on: 23 October 2013, 19:40:00 »
I want to create a custom SPA that helps when using weapons that can shoot more than one shot per round, ie Ultra AC's and Rotary AC's.

Now what I am thinking is it either makes it harder for them to jam, makes it easier to clear a jam, or possibly makes it more effective in another way.

So any thoughts people?
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

guardiandashi

• Major
Re: Custom SPA's
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2013, 20:24:48 »
it doesn't sound that impressive but an ability that works like (a gimpy or full artemis IV but only for burst weapons, such as autocannons in rapid fire mode, ultras and rotaries when firing bursts (Ie you get a +1 or +2 on the cluster table) of course I don't know if it would work on lbx autocannon

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2013, 23:07:13 »
SPA = Self-Propelled Artillery?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Nikas_Zekeval

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2013, 23:47:07 »
SPA = Self-Propelled Artillery?

Special Piloting (or Gunnery) Abilities.  Generally you need higher level piloting and gunnery skills (5+) and they let you pull off special tricks.  They are bought with XP like skills and generally need GM permission to get.  A character is limited to no more than three of each.

Register