Author Topic: Adventures and minis  (Read 2930 times)

Qrk

• Recruit
Adventures and minis
« on: 08 November 2013, 20:09:22 »
Ok i didnt saw where write a suggestion I gonna post here.

Well, I think wil be nice an edition of an adventure for ATOW with maps, minis and some buildings... It can be a plasticized paper map, some minis of characters and mechs . I thought it should be nice editing the little boxes of random minis like pathfinders and alike.
thoughts?

"We arent pirate spot, we are? WE ARE?!?!?"
Young defender

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Adventures and minis
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2013, 15:40:48 »
Considering the trouble CGL seems to have with anything box related, I'm not sure if they would be able to do anything like it. Not to mention the RPG line (unlike most games) is sort of a side attraction rather than the main product, so doing such a box set might not sell well, unlike where the RPG is the main product.

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2013, 16:39:44 »
While I agree I would like to see some of this kind of stuff out there, I am also forced to agree with Maelwys.  There are more than a couple of problems. 

production vs demand
production vs demand
oh and
production vs demand.   

I'd like to see some modules written for late 3rd succession wars and fourth war.  I'd also like to see some clan invasion scenarios.  anything that would add person to building/'mech/vehicle/computer/furnitures...     Especially anything that gives detailed descriptions of minute items used in day to day lives of the battletech universe e.g. you walk into a living room of a dwelling...   is it like a cabin?  is it like a modern day home from today open room with couch pair of recliners, possibly looking at an entertainment system set over a fireplace, cofee table and a couple of end tables, where all that seperates the living room from the kitchen is a serving bar?   Or is it more like the abode that Bruce Willis' character had in the movie 5th Element?  You might be able to find all these types depending on what planet you're wiling to travel to...   ::)

Anyway, I don't expect we'll ever see any of these things in a printed scenario; but it would be nice to have. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

WargameHub

• Private
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2013, 19:22:09 »
With so many decent 25mm minis out there it's probably not worth it to get into the market.  The only place they might do well is for Battlearmor. 
Battletech player since 1994, 100+ minis plus maps and terrain (including buildings).  Looking for other players in the area.

Used to have a lot of posts under a different ID, but that one kept getting wiped out so I took a few years off from the forum.

Favorite mech, the original Goshawk.

Qrk

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2013, 02:28:36 »
i didnt watch any decent minis for Player Character yet... just nice minis of mechs...
"We arent pirate spot, we are? WE ARE?!?!?"
Young defender

Ferrit

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 03 December 2013, 08:16:29 »
I'd like to see something the Steve Jackson Games Cardboard Heroes:
http://www.sjgames.com/heroes/

A squad or two of each major power's troops, some MechWarriors, a few random civilians etc. I'd sadly expect it to not sell very well, being a niche of a niche product but maybe as a fan project? Anyone artistic?

Kret69

• Warrant Officer
    • Solaris7 - Polish Battletech Community
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2013, 08:24:55 »
How about just putting these together from available sources?

Unless it has to have a label on it, and a dedicated box...

In 1:72 (20mm) - slightly small I have to admit - the possibilities of kitbashing are virtually endless.

In 28mm - as above, only more expensive.

And all that can also be put together in mech scale 1:285/1:300 using GHQ and architectural figures. If playing with tweezers is OK to everyone, that is. ;)

Mohammed As`Zaman Bey

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 13 December 2013, 19:11:03 »
  I use various 1/72 scale figs for various small armies:

Kret69

• Warrant Officer
    • Solaris7 - Polish Battletech Community
« Reply #8 on: 13 December 2013, 19:26:32 »
Great choice of figures.

bytedruid

• Master Sergeant
  • A great starter adventure.
« Reply #9 on: 31 January 2014, 18:18:08 »
Heck, I'd buy three copies and run demos at the local game store  :), but I don't think that I'm a typical stompy robot fan.  I'm mostly here because BattleTech's a hard sci-fi universe with no little green men. 

On the other hand I do wish TBTB (the powers that be) would produce a roll-playing box set.  Most of my friends are pathfinder players that are starting to get tired of that setting and are looking around for something new.  Now would be a great time to scoop up support from the general RP crowd.
Hat tips to Slightlylyons who fixed aerotech in one post and to Daryk for organized cool stuff.

bytedruid

• Master Sergeant
  • A great starter adventure.
« Reply #10 on: 31 January 2014, 18:24:36 »
  I use various 1/72 scale figs for various small armies:

That looks so cool you making me reconsider my commitment to 28mm scale, nice work  O0.
Hat tips to Slightlylyons who fixed aerotech in one post and to Daryk for organized cool stuff.

Mohammed As`Zaman Bey

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 01 February 2014, 10:25:32 »
That looks so cool you making me reconsider my commitment to 28mm scale, nice work  O0.
  The main reason is price -I can buy a platoon's worth of plastic soldiers for under $10 and model and toy vehicles at that scale are affordable and easier to modify:

Walmart toys with mounted weapons

Motorcycle infantry

Bike with sidecar

Snap-together tank and WW2 armored car

Tank company, a model collector gave me a garbage bag full of these.

Jump infantry

Rare model

Armor-gami: Cardstock vehicles, custom printed

HavocTheWarDog

• Captain
  • Lead or Follow, but get outa my way!
« Reply #12 on: 02 February 2014, 07:13:34 »
 [drool] [drool] [drool] [drool] [drool] [drool] [drool] [drool] [drool] [drool] [drool]
"Veni Vidi Vici"

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #13 on: 02 February 2014, 18:09:19 »
We use Lego Minifigures for our AToW games. One of the players is an expert in tailoring them to suit the player needs. The more generic ones also make for great NPCs/minions/thugs/etc. For example, the "Bad Guy" soldiers from the Indiana Jones sets, the assorted Star Wars figures and so on.

Examples of their awesome work can be found here; http://magyarisirregulars.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/bonus-for-megamek-players.html
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Ferrit

• Corporal
« Reply #14 on: 03 February 2014, 12:30:45 »
We use Lego Minifigures for our AToW games. One of the players is an expert in tailoring them to suit the player needs. The more generic ones also make for great NPCs/minions/thugs/etc. For example, the "Bad Guy" soldiers from the Indiana Jones sets, the assorted Star Wars figures and so on.

This is surprisingly awesome!

Register