Author Topic: Story "The Ties That Bind" from Games Unplugged magazine  (Read 1763 times)

Frabby

• Major
Story "The Ties That Bind" from Games Unplugged magazine
« on: 06 January 2014, 03:20:03 »
I just learned of Games Unplugged, the "House Magazine" of Fast Forward Entertainment, and its BattleTech content. I'm told the magazine had BattleTech fiction, namely the story "The Ties That Bind" by Chris Hartford.

Should the BT content from Games Unplugged, being the house magazine of FanPro's distributor and written by established BT authors like Chris Hartford and Randall Bills, be regarded as canonical?

If no, was this story taken from a canonical BT product, or was it published exclusively in Games Unplugged?

What other stories were published in that magazine, and what is their canon status?
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
Re: Story "The Ties That Bind" from Games Unplugged magazine
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2014, 05:07:10 »
Should the BT content from Games Unplugged, being the house magazine of FanPro's distributor and written by established BT authors like Chris Hartford and Randall Bills, be regarded as canonical?

Yes. It was part of what was described by Randall in the first GU issues to contain CBT content as a series of canonical articles and fiction.

If no, was this story taken from a canonical BT product, or was it published exclusively in Games Unplugged?

Published exclusively in Games Unplugged.

What other stories were published in that magazine, and what is their canon status?

IIRC, that was the only fiction, but there were a few in-universe articles and/or TRO entries in a couple of issues. The TRO entries were previews for an upcoming print TRO, again IIRC. I'm not sure where my copies of those issues are or I'd check for you.
« Last Edit: 06 January 2014, 05:09:07 by roosterboy »

Frabby

• Major
Re: Story "The Ties That Bind" from Games Unplugged magazine
« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2014, 08:26:19 »
Awesome!  Thanks for the clarification Roosterboy. O0

(On the downside, now I'll have to track down copies of that magazine. Or can anyone who owns all issues confirm that the Games Unplugged content for BattleTech as presented in this thread is complete, with nothing missing?)
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins