Author Topic: (Answered) Anti-Radiation Missiles and Quirks  (Read 2061 times)

FedComGirl

• Major
(Answered) Anti-Radiation Missiles and Quirks
« on: 18 January 2014, 16:19:32 »
Hello,

There's a problem in this thread http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,36342.0.html concerning ARAD Missiles and Anti-Aircraft and Improved Sensor Quirks.

I think that ARAD missiles would go after units with AA and Improved Sensor quirks. The AA Quirk's more stronger radar should attract the ARAD missiles.  Especially since ARAD missiles are used against AA radar sites/units in real life. I also think ARAD missiles would home in on units with the Improved Sensor Quirk because it effectively gives the unit an Active Probe which is one of the electronic systems listed in the Missiles targets.

Weirdo does not agree and says that since quirks weren't mentioned in TacOps, units with them can't be targeted. Which doesn't make sense to me since TacOps came out before Strategic Ops.  And with all the electromagnetic radiation emitted from those quirks it does make sense that Anti-Radation Missiles would home in on them.

Would it be possible to get a ruling on this please?  Thanks :)
« Last Edit: 19 January 2014, 12:01:24 by Paul »

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: Anti-Radiation Missiles and Quirks
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2014, 12:01:10 »
I think that ARAD missiles would go after units with AA and Improved Sensor quirks.

But they don't.
You're welcome to use houserules that do permit ARADs to get a bonus against the AA and Imp-Sensors quirk.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

FedComGirl

• Major
Re: Anti-Radiation Missiles and Quirks
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2014, 20:08:10 »
But they don't.
You're welcome to use houserules that do permit ARADs to get a bonus against the AA and Imp-Sensors quirk.

Hmm  :-\   Well, that seems rather unbalanced. Now not only do we get free weight and crit Active Probes but they're immune to ARAD missiles.

Oh Well. Thank you. :) House Rules it is. AA and Improved Sensors for everyone!  >:D