Author Topic: Lysidas, the lost world!  (Read 1813 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Lysidas, the lost world!
« on: 19 January 2014, 03:57:15 »
Lysidas is a Marik Border World occupied and virtually wiped out by Redjack Ryan while under contract to the Lyran Commonwealth in 3017 (apparently he managed to "poison half the atmosphere" by breaking a fusion plant somehow, I assume magic). However, I find no trace of this world on any 3025 era map, nor on the 3015 map in the Historical:Brush Wars section covering Anton's revolt, nor any other maps for that matter.  In fact, the only place where the name Lysidas can apparently be found is in the troublesome Periphery Sourcebook where Redjack Ryan's origins are detailed.

My question, therefore, is should Lysidas be considered an actual Lost system, or should the name be ignored?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Chinless

• Modicis Amice
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Re: Lysidas, the lost world!
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2014, 06:45:18 »
My question, therefore, is should Lysidas be considered an actual Lost system, or should the name be ignored?

Others sources refer to the event occurring on the world of Fianna - BattleDroids rulebook p5, BT 2nd ed rulebook p25 and BT 3rd ed rulebook p48.

Chris W

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: Lysidas, the lost world!
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2014, 22:03:10 »
Huh, I didn't even think to check the old 3rd ed rulebook on my shelf.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Register