Author Topic: Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine - Samarkands (Block I vs Block II)  (Read 2611 times)

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
When I first read Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine, I assumed that in the page on the Draconis Combine Admiralty, the combination of the reference to the DCA having retained 8 Samarkands - two Block I and six Block II - and having one present in each of the eight fleets meant that the ships listed as the flagships of each of the eight fleets were the Samarkands.

However, TRO: 3075 states that only four Block Is were launched - Samarkand, Benjamin, Dieron and Alshain. The flagship of the 4th fleet is listed as the Benjamin, but the Dieron, Alshain and Samarkand are missing. There is a New Samarkand, though.

I'm not sure if that means that the flagships of the fleet aren't all Samarkands, or if the DCS Samarkand from TRO:3075 and the DCS New Samarkand are the same WarShip, or if one of the Block I Samarkands was renamed. Is it possible to confirm which it is, or if it's something else completely?

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
There was only 2 Block Is in operation by 2765. The other two had been removed from service by the introduction of the Block IIs. So the DCS New Samarkand is a Blck II, while the DCS Samarkand was a Block I that was probably decomissioned during the Star League era.

With regards,
Øystein

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
So, with only 8 Samarkands active in the DCA in 2765, the flagships aren't all Samarkands, as only one Block I Samarkand is listed in the list of flagships?

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
All the Samarkands are flagships. The two Block Is (DCS Kagoshima and DCS Irece) are the flagships of the Pesht fleets, while the rest of the fleets have Block IIs.

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
So the detail in TRO:3075 on Block I Samarkands is superceded by FR2765:DC? I realise I probably sound like I'm labouring a point and I really don't want to annoy anyone, but I want to make sure I'm following correctly, and the last time I asked about a Samarkand, it was indicated that there were only four Block Is.