Author Topic: Illegal Trait Should it Apply ?  (Read 1598 times)

Col Toda

• Captain
Illegal Trait Should it Apply ?
« on: 14 February 2014, 09:10:09 »
Would software that prevented the auto eject system in a mech with CASE or CASE II from working at the first ammo explosion but not the second and to work normally if you have taken a pilot hit before the ammo explosion be just software and a medical status sensor or since it diverts from ejection enabled or disabled be effectively the Illegal trait ?  What is your take on this .

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
Re: Illegal Trait Should it Apply ?
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2014, 20:36:20 »
Depends on the game. If it's an RPG, I'd say it's perfectly feasible- as in, not illegal. You've got well defined, easy to detect conditions, so why not?

- Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

Maskerade

• Master Sergeant
  • Advertised product may not match reality
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2014, 21:01:45 »
If you wanted to pose this as some sort of new tech that maybe has a drawback to it (like requiring a full-body suit for the sensors) I guess that might be fine, but I don't think that illega is necessary. Remember, you're simply automating something that the pilot can do anyway so that if they're injured, they don't have to find that one little switch whilst under pressure.

You could even have it set to eject if one type of ammunition cooks off but not another, so those AP rounds for your AC/5 might not be a worry, but if that ton of MG ammo goes up, you're out of there!
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 17 February 2014, 04:31:45 »
I'm pretty sure that MM has an option that disables auto-ejection on 'Mechs with CASE

Maskerade

• Master Sergeant
  • Advertised product may not match reality
« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2014, 07:16:41 »
I'm pretty sure that MM has an option that disables auto-ejection on 'Mechs with CASE

We're not talking about completely disabling it, we just don't want it to activate on the first ammunition explosion, or if the pilot hasn't taken damage.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2014, 11:05:15 »
Yes conditionally enabled .  Disabled it would not eject the pilot if he gets 3 ammo explosions or a head hit and any exsplosions . The idea is to have the mech on the battlefield as long as possible without being a death sentence to the pilot. Software and maybe sensors to optimize the ejections system on the same turn .  Not have disabled one turn and enabled another .