Author Topic: Alpha Strike auf Deutsch  (Read 3182 times)

Nerroth

• Captain
Alpha Strike auf Deutsch
« on: 02 March 2014, 21:57:03 »
(Apologies if I got the title wrong...)

I was double-checking the Ulisses Spiele site in response to a topic in another thread, and I noticed that a German version of Alpha Strike is due out this monthin April. (They also have Einheitskartenset #1 listed.)

Are any of the German speakers on these forums looking forward to this version of the ruleset, or do you prefer to stick with the English version?

And do you think that this translation might make it eaiser to promote the game in the D-A-CH sprachbund? (Well, not counting the parts of Switzerland that speak French, Italian, or Romansh, that is...)
« Last Edit: 03 March 2014, 15:24:41 by Nerroth »

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
Re: Alpha Strike auf Deutsch
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2014, 19:04:54 »
I would say.... mostly yes.

Pro: It is much easier to look for a rule in your native language. That should shorten the time needed to find a solution at the gaming table.

Con: It can be difficult to find a specific abbreviation, if you are looking for the english acronym in a translated rulebook.

So it can be both, a bonus and a liability. On the other hand, most german can understand english well enough to work with the english book. Finally it is personal preference if they use the english or the new german document.

Regarding the promotion of Alpha Strike in germany: it is already being promoted by enthusiasts.  ;) The german AS might help to promote it a little bit more.  :)

faraday77

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2014, 09:15:46 »

So it can be both, a bonus and a liability. On the other hand, most german can understand english well enough to work with the english book. Finally it is personal preference if they use the english or the new german document.

There is also the point that buying the book shows Ulisses that there is still interest in the game locally, which will hopefully translate into further/continued support. Which - together with the then brand new errata, convenience again - is the reason I bought their TW.
Gone.

PhoeniX0302

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2014, 09:24:33 »
I really like that Battletech stuff is being localized into German language. There are still some players out there who are not good in English and therefore resist to use the original rule books. When I think of former times, I remember that it took ages for a localized version and then there were completely new books that were disconnected from the original canon.

For me, I will stick to the original material as I strongly dislike jumping in between languages and terms. For instance, I really dislike the German names for Mechs and, for example, the successor states or clans....

Fragger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2014, 14:10:27 »
I am thinking of buying one for my girlfriend's brother. He was interested in BT thanks to MWO but he thinks the normal rules are too complex. So this might help getting him into the hobby.