Author Topic: new MegaMek development & experimental releases 0.37.9 & MegaMekLab 0.1.26  (Read 8153 times)

Greggory123

• Recruit
Thanks a ton!  I don't want to sound bothersome, but has there been any update on the MekHQ front?  I heard rumors of a release about a month ago and then some strange silence.  Everyone okay?

ralgith

• Captain
    • Dylan's BattleTech Emporium
Thanks a ton!  I don't want to sound bothersome, but has there been any update on the MekHQ front?  I heard rumors of a release about a month ago and then some strange silence.  Everyone okay?

Taharqa disappeared and I've just been busy with real life. Right now there is a critical bug with MekHQ that keeps it in a non-releaseable state, and a 2nd that kinda killed the previous release. Of course, those are just my custom releases. Hopefully I'll have it fixed and out tomorrow. For an official release we need Taharqa to either do it, or give me the access permissions to do it.

luiges90

• Private
Trying out with newest MML, and it appears that I cannot change jump jet type in a tripod?

The log says

Code: [Select]
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at megameklab.com.util.UnitUtil.createSpreadMounts(UnitUtil.java:1483)
at megameklab.com.util.UnitUtil.updateJumpJets(UnitUtil.java:868)
at megameklab.com.ui.Mek.tabs.StructureTab.itemStateChanged(StructureTab.java:840)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireItemStateChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.selectedItemChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.contentsChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedIndex(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboPopup$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboPopup$1.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

Greggory123

• Recruit
Taharqa disappeared and I've just been busy with real life. Right now there is a critical bug with MekHQ that keeps it in a non-releaseable state, and a 2nd that kinda killed the previous release. Of course, those are just my custom releases. Hopefully I'll have it fixed and out tomorrow. For an official release we need Taharqa to either do it, or give me the access permissions to do it.

Thanks, is there anywhere I can look to see the current problems (for Megamek and for MekHQ).  Not sure if I can help much now, but sometime in the near future I'll be knee deep in Megamek code.  Might as well be able to know what I can help with.

BeeRockxs

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Thanks, is there anywhere I can look to see the current problems (for Megamek and for MekHQ).
http://sf.net/p/megamek/bugs
http://sf.net/p/mekhq/bugs
are our bugtrackers.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major

Good to see you Ral hoping everything is going well with you.

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

ralgith

• Captain
    • Dylan's BattleTech Emporium
Good to see you Ral hoping everything is going well with you.

As well as expected. I actually have time this weekend, so releases getting done. I'll even be doing a custom MekHQ release later today. And I emailed Taharqa asking him to get an official MekHQ release out & fix the website errors for megamek.info. :D

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
Thank you!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Thank you for taking time to make this release happen, ralgith!  I can imagine its tough for you and the others to do this stuff specially on your free time!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Quick Question.

Is there way cut off/shut off MegaMek's need give status of completion of a bot's move. Its kinda annoying and noisy.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Sorry for the rapid fire posting.  I believe i've found a bug, but i don't know how to describe this on Stormforge.

I've got picture of the problem.  When moving my units, for some reason, their automatically turning when going into angle.  As you can see in the picture attached.  The Stalker II is moving/turning on its own.  This is eating its movement, its almost like what happens when a Quad does lateral movement.    This isn't consistant, but its happens half the time someone tries to move at angle so far without clicking on buttons.  I'm not sure if the bot is being effected the same way.  I suspect it is.  The controling player must manual press the turn button to overcome the problem instead of clicking on the mouse.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2014, 13:55:14 by Wrangler »

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Trying out with newest MML, and it appears that I cannot change jump jet type in a tripod?

The log says

Code: [Select]
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at megameklab.com.util.UnitUtil.createSpreadMounts(UnitUtil.java:1483)

Fixed in [r1407]
Member of the MegaMek Team.

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Sorry for the rapid fire posting.  I believe i've found a bug, but i don't know how to describe this on Stormforge.

I've got picture of the problem.  When moving my units, for some reason, their automatically turning when going into angle.  As you can see in the picture attached.  The Stalker II is moving/turning on its own.  This is eating its movement, its almost like what happens when a Quad does lateral movement.    This isn't consistant, but its happens half the time someone tries to move at angle so far without clicking on buttons.  I'm not sure if the bot is being effected the same way.  I suspect it is.  The controling player must manual press the turn button to overcome the problem instead of clicking on the mouse.

Does your pilot have maneuvering ace?  Could you provide a saved game from this movement phase?  I can't reproduce the issue, but it's probably dependent upon what options and such are set, so having a saved game would be really helpful.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Does your pilot have maneuvering ace?  Could you provide a saved game from this movement phase?  I can't reproduce the issue, but it's probably dependent upon what options and such are set, so having a saved game would be really helpful.

Ugh. It looks like the problem was the maneuvering ace.  I hadn't used it before and forgot it was on. Sorry.  #P
« Last Edit: 30 March 2014, 15:19:11 by Wrangler »

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
As well as expected. I actually have time this weekend, so releases getting done. I'll even be doing a custom MekHQ release later today. And I emailed Taharqa asking him to get an official MekHQ release out & fix the website errors for megamek.info. :D

That would sure be nice.

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer

Umm, please do not put any bugs on me.   :'(
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Well played sir

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Error spotted:

Weapons Carrier (Tracked) is missing a space in the name. It's listed as Weapons Carrier(Tracked) in MM
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Urban Kufahl

• Lieutenant
  • Si vis pacem.. et caetera, ad nauseam
Somebody know how to fix the "princess disconnection" problem ? (genrally during deployment or just after).

Netzilla

• Warrant Officer
    • Facebook
What "princess disconnection" problem are you referring to and has a bug report been made for it?
"Everything starts as someone's daydream." -- Larry Niven

MM Bug & Feature Requests:
https://sourceforge.net/p/megamek/_list/tickets

MHQ Bug & Feature Requests:
https://sourceforge.net/p/mekhq/_list/tickets

Urban Kufahl

• Lieutenant
It is just sometimes during deployment or in the first turn Princess simply disconnect. It append with small battle (1 mech vs 5 proto) or big (trinary vs 2+ companies).

Netzilla

• Warrant Officer
    • Facebook
Next time it happens, make sure to create a ticket on the bug tracker (see my sig) with the log file and save game attached.  I've been testing Princess a lot lately and haven't run into what you're seeing, so the files will likely make a big difference.

scJazz

• Captain
Next time it happens, make sure to create a ticket on the bug tracker (see my sig) with the log file and save game attached.  I've been testing Princess a lot lately and haven't run into what you're seeing, so the files will likely make a big difference.

Here is an example of a Turn 1 NPE by Princess... not sure if it is the same one as mentioned.

https://sourceforge.net/p/megamek/bugs/4089/

Urban Kufahl

• Lieutenant
Humm i was using double blind too, let me run other games without it.

Netzilla

• Warrant Officer
    • Facebook
Yeah, don't use either bot for double-blind games.  If you click in the Help button in the Bot Config dialog, there's a list of what Options should be safe to use with Princess.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
I am using the development version with Double Blind engaged, and the game is quite stable. No problems with the Princess.

Netzilla

• Warrant Officer
    • Facebook
It's not so much a matter of stability as it's a matter of neither bot being able to use search patterns, probes or the optional sensor rules.  So double-blind makes both bots "dumber".

However, since neither bot has code to account for DB play, neither has had much testing with that option, so there could easily be undetected errors. 

pheonixstorm

• Major
I have found that a deployment disconnect is usually related to a bot unit rather than a setting. So, check your settings, map, and what units you give the bot.

Register