Author Topic: More Lifepath modules  (Read 1760 times)

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
More Lifepath modules
« on: 03 May 2014, 15:55:33 »
While the Lifepath system offers a lot of choice, I feel there are still some "gaps" in the coverage, especially in Stage 4.

In particular, I would like to see:
- Prison Term: the character is spending some time in captivity, either in the criminal justice system, or as a prisoner of war.
- Bondsman: the character has been taken as a bondsman by a Clan warrior
- Nobility: the character (a noble) spends his time doing "noble stuff", mainly politics and administering their property
- Artist/Entertainer: more or less self-explanatory

Also, it´d be nice to see different Tour of Duty modules for largely peaceful time versus major wars - a ToD in the Kungsarmé during the Clan Invasion will be different from one in the FWLM at the same time.

Are there any sources for more Lifepath modules? And what are your thoughts on what other modules there should be?
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

RMDC

• Corporal
  • Paper-thin armor. Get it? Ha!
    • Tabletop and Stitches
Re: More Lifepath modules
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2014, 20:34:03 »
When I first picked up ATOW, I was planning on making a journalist to test the chargen system out. Imagine my glee when I saw the Combat Journalist module. :)

As someone who enjoyed the MW3 optional modules in products like Mechwarrior's Guide to the Clans and Lostech, I'd like to see profession-, faction-, and era-specific modules (e.g. Harvest Trials, Mad Scientist, Goliath Scorpion Seeker). Big Game Hunter? Yakuza DCMS Recruit? Cassie Suthorn?

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2014, 22:13:39 »
Eh.  I think existing modules would cover those options fairly well.  Civilian Job would cover the Nobility and Artist/Entertainer easily enough and could be used to cover the Bondsman with a little work between you and your GM.  Prison Term I'd actually use Travel to cover that.

When I first picked up ATOW, I was planning on making a journalist to test the chargen system out. Imagine my glee when I saw the Combat Journalist module. :)

As someone who enjoyed the MW3 optional modules in products like Mechwarrior's Guide to the Clans and Lostech, I'd like to see profession-, faction-, and era-specific modules (e.g. Harvest Trials, Mad Scientist, Goliath Scorpion Seeker). Big Game Hunter? Yakuza DCMS Recruit? Cassie Suthorn?

There are still a couple in there(Cloister Training for Cloud Cobras and Goliath Scorpion Seeker is in there too) but the wonderful thing about AToW is as long as the XP coming back to the character matches the XP spent(with exceptions for repeating modules) adding in your own content is pretty easy.

Jimmyray73

• Lieutenant
  • I will not be toyed with!
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2014, 07:33:36 »
Other good possibilities for "Prison Term" would be the existing modules "Organized Crime" and "Ne'er-do-well".
Endo has forgotten more about dispensing pain than you or I will ever know...

Register