Author Topic: Comstar MRB Registration Application  (Read 2422 times)

bytedruid

• Master Sergeant
  • A great starter adventure.
Comstar MRB Registration Application
« on: 08 June 2014, 01:06:15 »
My players are running out of work in their area and have to start looking further afield.  Since this is a 3025 era campaign, it makes sense for them to register their unit with Comstar's Mercenary Review Board.  As a nice little in-game role-playing prop I've generated an MRB unit registration form to hand them.   In-game this would obviously be an electronic transaction but having an actual form provides the feel anyway. 

The original Openoffice file is attached.  I'd like to post a PDF but can't due to upload size restrictions.  You'll need to have the font URW Gothic installed on your computer for the form to look the same as drafted.
Hat tips to Slightlylyons who fixed aerotech in one post and to Daryk for organized cool stuff.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Re: Comstar MRB Registration Application
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2014, 12:16:17 »
cool!
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
  • Mr. Flibble is Very Cross
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2014, 10:27:10 »
... I can't see a respectable organization like the MRB offering contracts for Assassination and Terrorism openly like this.
*Insert support for fashionable faction of the week here*

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2014, 09:50:04 »
... I can't see a respectable organization like the MRB offering contracts for Assassination and Terrorism openly like this.

It´s a trap, you know... anyone who does check these fields will be marked for... uh... "Special Attention".
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

bytedruid

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2014, 02:14:17 »

I used it on our home campaign as a "weed-out" question.  Any unit answering yes would have their application fee collected, but never receive a contract call from the MRB itself, though you never know what a precentor with an agenda might do with the data.  Anyhow, that may be too sneaky for the MRB.  I posted an editable file so that people could take it and make it their own.  Let me know if it was useful.

Hat tips to Slightlylyons who fixed aerotech in one post and to Daryk for organized cool stuff.

Kobura

• Corporal
  • Aliis volat propriis.
« Reply #5 on: 31 October 2014, 07:44:55 »
I'm playing a new Corps founded on July 11th 3028

I know good source material, modern AToW/TW-compatible rules, and tool assists are hen's teeth to find for this era, so if you want to compare notes, heck I might even have something to show you.
Angel of the Light
Serpent of the Night

Proud of Clan
Proud of Honor
Proud of Battle

Kobura Shinja Cape

bytedruid

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 17 November 2014, 01:52:49 »
Tell me more, what region are they starting out in?  Are they regulars or mercs?  What about starting affiliations?

I started my players out as simple security forces for an affiliate of Mountain Wolf Battlemechs, they've grown from these humble beginnings to become a standalone merc unit.  Current campaign date is Oct. 14th 3013, they've recently seen action on Antallos and Halla (part of the Outworlds wastes).  The group is still a bit small to be involved in large inner sphere battles but those days could be on the way depending on the player's choices.

Register