Author Topic: (Answered) Attribute Minimums for Fields and Point Buy characters  (Read 2779 times)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
A bit of an odd question here.

If a player wishes to forgo the XP rebate for purchasing a field but still purchases all the skills do they still need to meet the attribute minimums to use the skills in question if it is to operate a vehicle?

For example:

Robert decides he wants to have the Battle Armor Pilot skills but as an Inner Sphere affiliation character does not want to have to have a Strength of 6 and Body of 5 and decides to forgo getting the XP rebate by buying the needed skills individually.  Can Robert's character still use Inner Sphere Battle Armor?

The only section that I can find that provides any guidance for possibly answering this question is Page 90 and attribute minimums for field are on 82-85.
« Last Edit: 15 October 2014, 21:00:00 by Xotl »

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: Attribute Minimums for Fields and Point Buy characters
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2014, 09:34:56 »
And a follow up question that I should ask while I bump:

Since there are no attribute minimums listed for Clan Elementals could Robert's character use Clan Battle Armor?

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2014, 16:36:16 »
I actually almost forgot about this one myself.  So bump.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2014, 16:42:32 »
Bump.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2014, 20:09:33 »
Hi,

The attribute minimums reflect requirements the various training academies and such use to weed out those they deem unworthy of entry, kind of like how most modern military and police forces tend to have physical requirements for height, weight, and physical capabilities before accepting an applicant. The Clans lack a requirement because the only legal way to get Clan armor training is to be born to the Elemental Phenotype and undergo Elemental training, which tends to beef you up to Clan specs.

That all said, it is therefore possible to through a 98-pound weakling into a suit, if he's trained in its use. If not, well, some fun options appear in AS Companion, p. 57.

Thanks,

-

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #5 on: 15 October 2014, 20:57:58 »
Thanks Herb.