Author Topic: Karnov / Battle Armor transport  (Read 2675 times)

RABIDFOX50

• Warrant Officer
  • 1507 Strike RCT
Karnov / Battle Armor transport
« on: 15 June 2014, 21:37:24 »
OK, we need some help here. When transporting Battle Armor in a Karnov VTOL or any other VTOL capable of transporting Battle Armor, are we using the Abstract Areospace Rules? Seems like the Areospace rules would not apply to Atmo VTOL units and only to dropship type transports.  :(

I want to make sure we are using the transports correctly.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2014, 12:07:46 by RABIDFOX50 »
Battletech collector/player since 1987
Toss a coin to your Witcher, oh valley of plenty!
Listen! Do you smell that?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Karnov / Battle Armor tarnsport
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2014, 21:49:41 »
Karnov are v movement (VTOL), so they act as "ground" units.  They do not use abstract aerospace rules.
Conventional fighters would use abstract aerospace.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

RABIDFOX50

• Warrant Officer
  • 1507 Strike RCT
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2014, 22:06:23 »
OK, so in regard to Battle Armor disembarking, if they are jump capable do they just jump out at the end of the VTOL's move?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2014, 22:17:16 »
If you want to drop units while in the air, Dropping Troops is in the Advanced rules.  For "conventional foot- or jump-based infantry units and battle armor from an airborne VTOL air vehicle" you want the Zipline rules on p91.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

RABIDFOX50

• Warrant Officer
  • 1507 Strike RCT
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2014, 07:17:22 »
Thank you sir.  :)

Our group has been engrossed in the AS game play and we are using units we would have avoided in CBT. I can't enough about our joy in using multiple companies on the board and finishing a big game in a reasonable time frame. Adding the VTOLS, BA, Arty and Vees in these numbers has expanded our games greatly.  :)
« Last Edit: 16 June 2014, 12:15:34 by RABIDFOX50 »

Fidel Cashflow

• Master Sergeant
    • believe
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2014, 14:00:59 »
Thank you sir.  :)

Our group has been engrossed in the AS game play and we are using units we would have avoided in CBT. I can't enough about our joy in using multiple companies on the board and finishing a big game in a reasonable time frame. Adding the VTOLS, BA, Arty and Vees in these numbers has expanded our games greatly.  :)

O0
You know what rhymes with Sloth?

RABIDFOX50

• Warrant Officer
  • 1507 Strike RCT
Re: Karnov / Battle Armor transport
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2014, 21:59:51 »
According to pages 90 and 91, I was doing it half right. Using the zip line rule I was moving the Karnov to its full move and dropping my I.S. BA with a jump of 6 from level 3 under the VTOL but I was not rolling for the 5 or better on 2d6 for each unit. According to the zip line rule I will not have to roll to hit the ground and/ or scatter but do need a 5 or better roll to see if they get hurt. They also get an auto +3 modifier to enemy fire. Not too shabby.  :)

Register