The below posts are all effectively obsolete - please see new stickied thread.
Worktroll, 22 August, 2011
As per forum rule 8: do not post any images of the Unseen in your posts. The list of current Unseen is:
Phoenix Hawk LAM
This means no artwork of these 'Mechs from any Sourcebook, Technical Readout or the images from the respective shows they originally debuted on. Nor may images of toys, models or other paraphernalia related to these Unseen be used in any form with the following exceptions:
- You may have an icon under your name with an Unseen Picture on it if you want, and
- You may post pictures of your painted miniatures.
Posting links to pictures on other sites is also acceptable.
What does all this mean? In short ...
1) You may freely put up pictures of any minis you own, be they Unseen, Reseen, plastic model kits or gnawed out of cakes of soap by trained hamsters. The more the merrier! (Btw, posting pictures of minis you don't own, without permission from their owner, is not a good thing. I only include this, as there are unscrupulous people who used to use images taken from other people's work in eBat auctions to try & fool unsuspecting buyers - that's the only reason I mention this aspect)
2) You may also put up pictures of any Reseen minis that you own or have permission for.
3) You may not post images taken from any publication which depict any of the current list of Unseen, or the source material from which they werre drawn. So no Macross Valkyries, Mospedia Bioroids, or scans from the original TROs. This also includes any artwork which substantially includes components taken directly from such artwork. This also includes related images - eg. don't post document images of the Destroid MAC III, VF-19, etc - leave well enough alone, please.
4) You may post links to web pages or illustrations which show images covered above. (One can only assume that lawyers understand the net difference. Hey, we're just looking to stay out of trouble)
Hopefully, that covers the questions. Note:
a) I'm still happy to answer questions on "is this legit" - but as for the "why & wherefore", or "who do I shoot" ones, look for the rehashes of the subject in the General Discussions forum.
b) Being BattleTech, there's probably going to be errata to the above - please PM me with any errors you notice, I'll retcon them in in finest TPTB style