Author Topic: (Answered) Heat Sink Question  (Read 2492 times)

FedComGirl

• Major
(Answered) Heat Sink Question
« on: 02 April 2011, 00:12:08 »
Hi

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this question but since it covers a couple different rule books I wasn't sure were to post it. Any way, while looking up and replying in another thread I saw that Dropships when in water get a tiny bit of help for their heat sinks. Does that apply to small craft and aerospace fighters when they're in the water also? How about boats and submarines? Wouldn't the minimal heat reduction also apply to them when in the water?

I know Mechs are supposed to be kings of the battlefield but 1.1 times the number of heat sinks isn't a lot. You'd need at least 10 before you really gain any benefit since you round down. So mechs would still be king while giving naval vessels an extra small benefit. Is that possible or no?
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 00:36:12 by Xotl »

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Heat Sink Question
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2011, 17:29:57 »
Greetings,

The benefit applies to DropShips and Small Craft. It is the way these ships are constructed that allow them this benefit at this scale. For all other units, the benefits are not enough to be measurable.

Best,
Joel BC
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

FedComGirl

• Major
Re: Heat Sink Question (Answered)
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2011, 03:00:35 »
Hi,

Okay