Author Topic: ’Mech of the Week: PXH-* Phoenix Hawk  (Read 19369 times)

Kotetsu

• Captain
’Mech of the Week: PXH-* Phoenix Hawk
« on: 27 June 2014, 13:49:01 »
’Mech of the Week: PXH-* Phoenix Hawk

Phoenix Hawk. One of the icons of BattleTech. The yardstick by which reconnaissance designs are measured. One of the Unseen. And one of the more common machines to be found in the Succession Wars.

Also the source of one LAM design, though I am still not sure how those work…

One of the BattleMechs to enter service in the first 150 years or so of the technology, the Phoenix Hawk was probably a result of a version of “New Toy Syndrome” with the BattleMech being said new technology. Other options are to hunt lighter BattleMechs, or to perform as the heavier bodyguard of the Stinger and/or Wasp.

On that note, there is a slight discrepancy as to whether the chassis is a strengthened Stinger or Wasp skeleton. Entering service in 2568, the classic PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk used a 270-rated GM engine and six jump jets to allow it to keep up with its lighter brethren, as well as designs like the Firestarter and Chameleon (both came out before the PXH-1). Weaponry is substantial, consisting of a right arm-mounted large laser and a medium laser and machine gun in each arm. The full ton of ammunition for the machine guns is stored in the center torso bomb common to many early designs. Ten heat sinks have serious problems keeping the design cool if the pilot is not careful. Now all this weaponry left the armor protection at 83% of maximum. While not necessarily that uncommon, the placement of some of the armor (or lack thereof) causes a slight issue. Eight tons of standard plate are laid out in a 6, 23/5, 18/4, 10, 15 pattern (head, center front/rear, side front/rear, arms, legs respectively). This leaves the head able to be headcapped by a Particle Cannon or a Class-10 autocannon (though to be fair, I’m not sure how many light or medium designs had such weaponry around that intro date).

The first variant to arrive was the PXH-1D in 2586, which drops the machine guns for two additional heat sinks, which allows for a pilot to jump full and fire both medium lasers and remain heat neutral. The second showed up in 2599, the PXH-2, instead swaps the machine guns for a Guardian ECM suite and a half ton of armor (two points to the head, three to each leg). A third arrived in 2603, the PXH-1K, which dropped the machine guns for a centerline small laser, and the jump jets for three heat sinks and one and a half tons of armor, which makes the layout a 8, 23/5, 18/4, 14, 22 pattern.

As the Star League moved towards its zenith, the Draconis Combine created an upgrade to the -1K, the PXH-1Kk, which appeared sometime before 2729 (when it was sighted in battle on Fallon II). This model uses eleven double-strength heat sinks, swaps the large laser for an extended-model, and the medium lasers for medium pulses.

Now, perhaps a function of the Royal upgrade movement, or a result of seeing the Kurita upgrade (the SLDF was involved in that battle on the side of the FedSuns), two upgraded models premiered in the SLDF. The first showed up in 2760. Designated the PXH-1b “Special”, this model upgrades the -1’s engine to an extralight model, and uses an endo-steel skeleton. It also swaps the large laser for an extended-model Particle Cannon, adds an extended-model large laser on a swivel mount to the right torso, puts a Guardian ECM in the center torso, and moves the machine gun ammunition to the left torso, where it is protected by CASE. Finally, the heat sinks were upgraded to double-strength model. After the Liberation of Terra, a slightly experimental model was put through its paces. The PXH-1c technically entered service in 2784, but as that is also the time of the Exodus, it may have been put through its paces far from the Inner Sphere. This model swaps the ER PPC for an experimental (at the time) Snub-Nose model. The one ton of weight freed up was added to the armor protection (two points to the head, one to each arm, and five to each leg).

For the next 250 years, the Phoenix Hawk soldiered on through the chaos and bloodshed of the Succession Wars. In that time, advanced equipment disappeared or degraded. Then came the rediscovery of some LostTech. The first (official) variant since the Exodus strode forth in 3042, the PXH-3S. Using an extralight engine, this model upgraded the heat sinks of the PXH-1 to double-strength models, moves both machine guns to the left arm, swaps the large laser for a large pulse, and adds an anti-missile system, with two tons of ammunition stored in the left torso (with the machine gun ammo), which is CASEd. MASC was installed to give the design even higher ground speeds, and ferro-fibrous armor was used, in a 7, 21/5, 17/4, 14, 20 pattern.

In 3045, the PXH-3M arrived. This model also uses an extralight engine and double-strength heat sinks. An endo-steel skeleton is also used, and seven and a half tons of standard plate provide protection in a 6, 21/5, 16/3, 10, 15 pattern. One machine gun is removed to add the anti-missile system. Ammunition is in the CASEd left torso. The medium lasers were upgraded to pulses, and the large laser upgraded to an extended-range version, with a second extended-model large placed in the other arm. The PXH-3D arrived in 3048 and is similar to the -3M, save it drops the CASE and machine gun for two more heat sinks. 3050 saw the PXH-3K arrive, which uses a standard skeleton, and drops the anti-missile system of the -3D for ferro-fibrous armor, laid out in a 9, 23/5, 18/4, 13, 18 pattern.

Apparently arriving in 3051, the personal BattleMech of someone named Masters (I think Paul Masters of the Knights of the Inner Sphere) is based off the PXH-3M but swaps the left arm large laser for two 4-pack SRM launchers (one ton of ammunition).

No new variants showed up until Project Phoenix made its way to the Phoenix Hawk. As a side note, I concur with whoever first told me the Reseen ’Mech bears a striking resemblance to Cobra Commander (especially the head). The first variant to arrive was the PXH-4L in 3066. Produced on St. Ives, the design uses an endo-steel skeleton, and is powered by a Warner 270-rated fusion engine and six jump jets. Armor distribution is the same as the PXH-1 model, save that on the -4L it is stealth armor. In addition to the Guardian suite, this variant mounts an extended-model large laser, two extended-model medium lasers, and two machine guns (half ton of ammo stored in center torso). Eleven double-strength heat sinks struggle with the heat load (the stealth does not help there).

Four variants arrived in 3067. The first is the PXH-3PL, which uses standard plate armor in a 9, 22/6, 17/5, 13, 18 pattern, an extralight engine, twelve double-strength heat sinks, a large pulse laser, two medium pulse lasers, and two extended-model small lasers tied into a targeting computer. The second is the PXH-6D has an extended-model Particle Cannon and four extended-model medium lasers tied to a targeting computer, with armor protection in a 9, 21/7, 16/6, 14, 22 pattern.

The third variant is the PXH-7CS, which only uses five jump jets, ten double-strength heat sinks, an extended-model large laser, two extended-model mediums, an Improved Narc launcher, and an Improved C3 System. Armor protection is in a 9, 19/6, 16/5, 13, 21 pattern. The fourth is the PXH-7S which uses a light-class engine with MASC, ferro-fibrous armor in the pattern of the -6D, a large pulse laser, four medium lasers, and a small laser. Ten double-strength heat sinks deal somewhat with the heat load.

The next variant to appear is the personal PXH-4L of Christina “Chris” Sante who worked for the Bounty Hunter during the late years of the Civil War period and at least into the early years of the Jihad (the incident covered in the Dossiers file takes place in 3068). Her variant swaps the large laser for a Clan-tech version. The remaining ton is filled by a TAG unit.

The first variant to stride out during the chaos of the Jihad is the PXH-5L in 3069. Aside from a change of manufacturer for the extralight engine, the design loses one jump jet, a heat sink, the machine guns, and the large laser to put in a plasma rifle (fed by two tons of ammunition). 3070 brought out the PXH-7K model, which is built around nine improved-class jump jets and a light engine. Ten double heat sinks make the design heat neutral, even when jumping full and firing the Snub-Nose Particle Cannon and extended-model medium laser. A C3 Slave unit allows for interconnectivity. Light-class ferro-fibrous armor provides protection in a 9, 19/6, 16/5, 13, 21 pattern.

In 3079, the PXH-4W premiered. This model uses a heavy-duty gyro in a 225-rated light fusion engine. Eight improved-class jump jets help moderate the loss of ground speed. Armor protection is in a 9, 19/6, 16/4, 14, 17 pattern. A Guardian ECM suite deals with enemy electronics. Each arm mounts a light-class Particle Cannon and an extended-class medium laser.

The last standard variant is the PXH-8CS, which arrived in 3080. This model uses a 315-rated superlight (XXL) engine, with an extralight gyroscope. Six standard jump jets provide some mobility above the heightened ground speed. Armor protection is in a 9, 19/6, 16/4, 12, 19 pattern. Each arm has a Snub-Nose Particle Cannon. A Guardian ECM suite and C3 Slave unit provide some electronic overview. Fourteen double-strength heat sinks provide some cooling.

There is one other variant. It first saw combat in 3142 in the King of the Mountain arena on Solaris VII. Recently part of the Royal Fantasy tournament, the PXH-7KJ “Jasmine” is highly experimental. This model uses six standard jump jets, adds a Capacitor to the Snub-Nose Particle Cannon. Also an additional extended-class medium laser, a 10-rack Rocket Launcher, an Angel ECM suite, and finally a highly experimental Drone Command Console (something I have only seen in the Royal Fantasy document). The chosen drone for this machine is a Celerity called “Rajah”.

Using a Phoenix Hawk begins with deciding whether you will act more like a scout or a harasser. With the exception of the two variants without jump jets, jumping around keeping your movement modifiers up is a good idea (noting that if you can run around with those other two, go for it). Snipe at your foes, and dance where he will be hard-pressed to respond. Some models are closer-range models than others, but do take care. The problem with getting too close is that you lose some of your defenses. And every time I’ve used a P-Hawk, if I get that close, it dies that round (which really sucks with the pulse variants).

Fighting one begins with the resignation that you are going to fight a jumping bean. (Come to think of it, I’ve never actually faced the -1K.) Anyway, my counter would be fast movers and heavy hitters. And if you can get both in one package, go for it. ECM Suites would be useful for jamming any of those with C3 units. And if you have good numbers to hit him, take advantage and bury him (as the luck of getting close seems to work both ways for me).

As one of the longest running designs in BattleTech, the Phoenix Hawk should continue to soldier on in the Inner Sphere for decades to come, if not eternally. Among its many other legacies, the Phoenix Hawk has also given inspiration to a Land-Air ’Mech, a Clan monstrosity nearly twice its weight (Phoenix Hawk IIc), and a lighter variant, the Phoenix Hawk L.

This ’Mech appeared first in TRO 3025, and has since appeared in TROs 3050 (pre-Unseen), 3039, Project Phoenix, 3085, and the XTRO Royal Fantasy. Some variants were mentioned in other publications, like the Bounty Hunter Dossiers and Era Report 2750.

PHX-1

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Re: ’Mech of the Week: PXH-* Phoenix Hawk
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2014, 14:52:38 »
The PHX-3M "Masters" is the mech piloted by (newly knighted) Paul Masters in Ideal War.
it is implied this was the mech he piloted during Op:Serpent as well, until it was lost on huntress and he picked up a (IIRC) Huntsman (Nobori-nin)

nerd

• Captain
  • Nunc Partus-Ready Now
    • Traveller Adventures
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2014, 23:09:48 »
The PHX-3M "Masters" is the mech piloted by (newly knighted) Paul Masters in Ideal War.
it is implied this was the mech he piloted during Op:Serpent as well, until it was lost on huntress and he picked up a (IIRC) Huntsman (Nobori-nin)
That's a bit odd. IIRC, he drives an Anvil in SERPENT until he obtains his clantech salvage.

Otherwise, the Pixie has another item of not in it's history: it was one of the first 'Mechs destroyed in fiction. In Decision at Thunder Rift Durant Carlyle was driving a PXH when he got cut down by a Marauder.
M. T. Thompson
Don of the Starslayer Mafia
Member of the AFFS High Command

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2014, 00:32:03 »
well, i might have misremembered the op serpent novels. his refit of the -3M is an interesting one for sure.. it certainly boosts the close range firepower.

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2014, 04:23:36 »
I note you missed the PXH-3D, IIRC made by Achernar on New Avalon. 

It was the lead design/variant in the original TRO 3050.
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2014, 23:45:41 »
I'll always remember Shin Yodama's Phoenix Hawk getting swarmed by Elimentals.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2014, 08:56:16 »
I am about as far from nostalgic about the old school mechs as a player in this game can be.  That said, I like the Pixie a lot.  I used them a lot when I first started playing.  I like the 3D even in the modern era.  It's a great mobile harasser.

I'm even a fan of the IIC, different animal that it is.  I throw it in almost every clan secondline force I build.

To the patient go the spoils

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2014, 10:56:49 »
I have fond memories of using the PXH-3K on the oks Battletech MUSEs back in the early '90s.  With its good movement curve and the 7/14/19 range curve of the ERLLs, the -3K was a vicious 'Mech.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

M4cr0Dutch

• Sergeant
  • Fate sits high in the bidder's chair.
    • Old School Gaming
« Reply #8 on: 30 June 2014, 22:48:07 »
I'll always remember Shin Yodama's Phoenix Hawk getting swarmed by Elimentals.

Me too! More specifically: the cover of "Lethal Heritage".

I have fond memories of bouncing around with a PXH-1 Pho-hawk, in a massive pen-and-paper PBM I was involved in during the early 90's. It was a great scout Mech for that situation (double-blind on a large, heavily forested, map). It could cover a lot of heavily forested ground and do some serious damage when surprised by something. I used it to ambush a Trebuchet early on, which I salvaged and sent back out to cause havoc.

I have been coming up against the old Draconis variant (PXH-1Kk) recently in a campaign and it is a real pain. It can snipe well with the large laser when you are ignoring it then jump in close, offsetting the movement mod. with its pulse lasers.

Great classic Mech, thanks for the article  O0

"If you see a Falcon not in a Summoner, Hellbringer or Kit Fox, double your caution."

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #9 on: 02 July 2014, 16:16:18 »
One thing I'm never sure if I love or hate about this (and a few other classic 'Mechs like the Warhammer) is that I feel there should be the perfect version of this - enough armour, the best movement profile and a balance of heat versus fire power but I'm not sure that exists
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Rage

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 02 July 2014, 22:17:38 »
One thing I'm never sure if I love or hate about this (and a few other classic 'Mechs like the Warhammer) is that I feel there should be the perfect version of this - enough armour, the best movement profile and a balance of heat versus fire power but I'm not sure that exists

That'd probably be that Drac one from the Jihad era. 6/9/9 and a decent enough punch

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: 03 July 2014, 19:36:05 »

Everyone has their own idea of the 'perfect' mech though I'm not sure if it exist... I take it back; you know it's close when people start screaming "munchy" at the top of their lungs.

Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #12 on: 04 July 2014, 01:03:56 »

Since it is the one that gets/got removed from the competitive servers . . . the -3PL might be a candidate.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 04 July 2014, 08:30:19 »
well, i might have misremembered the op serpent novels. his refit of the -3M is an interesting one for sure.. it certainly boosts the close range firepower.
Heat is more manageable too.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #14 on: 04 July 2014, 09:47:10 »
I like the design and its many incarnations. Good Lance Command 'Mech, that can barrell through battlefield keep going despite being outmassed by various heavy designs.   I think one of the old design flaws is when it looses its arms, no arms...not fight. 

Later Phoenix Hawk designs were more interesting to me.  When i mean later, with new source and revisied sourcebooks bring fresh eyes on old trooper.  Star League version of the Phoenix Hawk are interesting, specially the Snubby models.  Their packing some interesting weapons and capacities machine of their day aren't expecting.

I think one i'm least is the PXH-4W, it seems least like a Phoenix Hawk to me for some reason.  The 8CS is powerful fighter, but the XXL is generating serious heat, i won't want that thing's engine getting hit. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 04 July 2014, 11:51:00 »
I think one i'm least is the PXH-4W, it seems least like a Phoenix Hawk to me for some reason. 
I think that it's because you are accustomed to the fact that typical Phoenix Hawk is armed with at least one big weapon (ER Large Laser, LPL, ER PPC) doing concentrated 8-10 damage. So this skirmisher with two Light PPCs looks underarmed.

The 8CS is powerful fighter, but the XXL is generating serious heat, i won't want that thing's engine getting hit.
Sure. But at least it has those Snubbies in both arms. That's good. Eidolon/Yao Lien wasn't that lucky.

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 06 July 2014, 13:37:52 »
I note you missed the PXH-3D, IIRC made by Achernar on New Avalon. 

It was the lead design/variant in the original TRO 3050.

Actually, it is listed in the paragraph with the -3M

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #17 on: 07 July 2014, 08:18:09 »
So it was, my bad.
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 10 July 2014, 17:07:20 »
You know, I have to wonder why the PXH-2 didn't catch on more during the Succession Wars. Yes, they undoubtedly lost the ability to produce its Guardian ECM suite, but it still had a ton and a half that could be uses for other gear or weapons, and more solid armor than the PXH-1.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 10 July 2014, 23:39:10 »
You know, I have to wonder why the PXH-2 didn't catch on more during the Succession Wars. Yes, they undoubtedly lost the ability to produce its Guardian ECM suite, but it still had a ton and a half that could be uses for other gear or weapons, and more solid armor than the PXH-1.
It lacks anti-infantry weapons, i.e. its Machine Guns. As many BattleMechs and BattleMech factories were destroyed during Succession Wars (and 'Mechs were getting rarer and rarer), there was always possibility that the Pixie could meet some conventional units including infantry. Twin MGs are very effective in dealing with common infantry platoons, pure lasers not so much.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 11 July 2014, 00:04:57 »
It lacks anti-infantry weapons, i.e. its Machine Guns. As many BattleMechs and BattleMech factories were destroyed during Succession Wars (and 'Mechs were getting rarer and rarer), there was always possibility that the Pixie could meet some conventional units including infantry. Twin MGs are very effective in dealing with common infantry platoons, pure lasers not so much.

At which point the PXH-1D and PXH-1K are no different in that regard, so that strikes me largely as a non-issue.  Besides, with the ECM suite gone, a downgraded PXH-2 could easily have mounted twin machine guns and a half ton of ammo, giving it anti-infantry weaponry plus better head and leg armor.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 11 July 2014, 01:55:59 »
At which point the PXH-1D and PXH-1K are no different in that regard, so that strikes me largely as a non-issue. 
Some nations may actually like anti-infantry weapons on their BattleMechs.

Let's check some Succession Wars FWL 'Mechs:
Warhammer - The Davions deleted MGs (+SRMs) in favor of more armor and heat sinks, the Dracs in favor of more heat sinks. But it seems that the FWLM still used the standard model WHM-6R with MGs.
Crusader -  The Liaos, Davions and Kuritas deleted MGs in favor of heat sinks or jump jets. But it seems that the FWL still used the standard model CRD-3R with Machine Guns.
Or perhaps the the Quartermaster of the FWLM liked basic models of BattleMechs because of standardisation.

And as for the Phoenix Hawk, maybe the FWL prefered the standard model instead of -1D and -1K.

Besides, with the ECM suite gone, a downgraded PXH-2 could easily have mounted twin machine guns and a half ton of ammo, giving it anti-infantry weaponry plus better head and leg armor.
Sure. Perhaps they liked their PXH-1 as it was and prefered more bullets at the expense of armor. Or they weren't in mood to modify its manufacturing line. I don't know.

Auren

• Lieutenant
  • Well.
« Reply #22 on: 11 July 2014, 22:03:00 »
Er, the Succession Wars is a poor era to say "Look guys! Anti-infantry weapons on mechs!" as after the first and second Wars, you got what you got and you didn't complain.

Rage

• Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: 12 July 2014, 22:42:29 »
Some nations may actually like anti-infantry weapons on their BattleMechs.

Let's check some Succession Wars FWL 'Mechs:
Warhammer - The Davions deleted MGs (+SRMs) in favor of more armor and heat sinks, the Dracs in favor of more heat sinks. But it seems that the FWLM still used the standard model WHM-6R with MGs.
Crusader -  The Liaos, Davions and Kuritas deleted MGs in favor of heat sinks or jump jets. But it seems that the FWL still used the standard model CRD-3R with Machine Guns.
Or perhaps the the Quartermaster of the FWLM liked basic models of BattleMechs because of standardisation.

And as for the Phoenix Hawk, maybe the FWL prefered the standard model instead of -1D and -1K.
Sure. Perhaps they liked their PXH-1 as it was and prefered more bullets at the expense of armor. Or they weren't in mood to modify its manufacturing line. I don't know.

Actually, the CDR-3L keeps the machine guns. It downgrades the missile racks to free up enough mass for the jump jets and a couple of heat sinks.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 12 July 2014, 23:49:04 »
Actually, the CDR-3L keeps the machine guns. It downgrades the missile racks to free up enough mass for the jump jets and a couple of heat sinks.
That's a good point. But I still think that some armies may prefer to keep anti-infanty weapons on their 'Mechs.

Rage

• Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: 13 July 2014, 00:02:58 »
That's a good point. But I still think that some armies may prefer to keep anti-infanty weapons on their 'Mechs.

House Liao sure seems to. If they ever do give up their machine guns, it's generally in favor of flamers.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 13 July 2014, 00:13:25 »
House Liao sure seems to. If they ever do give up their machine guns, it's generally in favor of flamers.
Yeah, the "Hot Hammer".

Rage

• Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: 13 July 2014, 01:16:25 »
Yeah, the "Hot Hammer".

Which is so damned fun. It's a shame that it never got a proper upgrade.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #28 on: 13 July 2014, 01:22:29 »
Hmm...how well would a PXH-1 work that swapped the machine guns for two more medium lasers?  You overhear slightly firing all four mediums, but no worse than, say, a JR7-F.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 13 July 2014, 01:39:32 »
Which is so damned fun. It's a shame that it never got a proper upgrade.

It got. The Clanners bought one Hot Hammer and upgraded it to create Warhammer IIC 8. They just used Plasma Cannons instead of Flamers.   ;)