Author Topic: Property: OVER 11!  (Read 1503 times)

solmanian

• Captain
Property: OVER 11!
« on: 15 July 2014, 19:08:10 »
So what do you get in property levels beyond 11? PL11 is typified as a planet.
A national or interstellar companies? The Marian Hegemony?

I'm asking because a prime minister is exampled as having PL15, and I need some scale as to what that means...
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
  • "Now, let's add a couple of happy Death Commandos"
Re: Property: OVER 11!
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2014, 19:13:58 »
I don't know of many Prime Ministers in BT, but I'd assume on that scale that 15 is several planets.

Question to answer your question, how relevant is it for your campaign? Are you planning to allow players that own planets?

If it's in relation to an NPC, I'd say not to bother with it. If NPC Bob is a Prime Minister who happens to own several planets, getting the "correct" TP for Property isn't real important in my opinion. He owns several planets, end of story.

If you're running an unusual type of campaign where your players can own one or more planets, the typical XP scale of things may not apply.
"I can't save his life, it's too embarrassing!" - Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC SSC

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2014, 20:01:32 »
I'm researching into "power play". The sphere of influence and control of house lords, dukes  and generals, is very relevant for my research.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2014, 21:28:30 »
I would ballpark it that if ~11 is 1 planet
~12 would be a "better planet, or say 2-3 crummy planets
~13 would be 1 really good planet Hesperus, solaris etc. 2-5ish "good" planets or a number of crummy planets in the outback or similar.
~14 is going to be about a "march lord" or the equivalent you know those "provinces" on the map like skye, Donegal new avalon? ya you own or run it.
~15 is getting to the ~house lord levels or at least the tier of people that manage it for the house lord

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2014, 21:48:02 »
Mind you, property doesn't have to be planets and territory. It can be factories, farms, and corporations.

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
  • "Now, let's add a couple of happy Death Commandos"
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2014, 11:54:55 »
Mind you, property doesn't have to be planets and territory. It can be factories, farms, and corporations.

That makes sense, you either own some planets, or Ceres Metals.

In terms of XP, I don't think the standard balancing rules apply for balancing characters if their going to have 10+ in the property Trait. But that's your show.

Just an idea, maybe have your PCs generate characters with the usual 5000 - 5500 XP (depending on age) and bump their Property or applicable Trait after the fact by 800 XP or so. Just an idea.
"I can't save his life, it's too embarrassing!" - Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC SSC

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 16 July 2014, 12:26:56 »
I've played long campaigns where characters are inheritors of said positions.

In my game the ranking goes as following:
+1 per Rank difference
+1/0/-1 per wealth Rich/Normal/Poor of <RANK>

Sari, daughter of Rich Duchess
Sonja, daughter of Normal Countess

Sari has nominally +1 from rank difference and +1 for being very wealthy when they are meeting in social circumstances.

---
Next step is friends in high places (member of interstellar regional elite, +1 for royal family):
+1 member
+2 prominent member
+3 leader

+1+1 for Sari is mistress of Ceasar Steiner (young up and coming regimental commander)
+2+1 Sari's mother is mistress of Frederick Steiner (veteran leader of huge importance)
+3+1 Sonja's mother is military academy friend of Archon Katrina Steiner

Secret influence:
+1 for Sari making princess Melissa Steiner like her

Same modifiers are malus if person in question is enemy or even a nemesis. Add bonuses and use them as bonuses in social situations and influencing tasks.

Sari angered young George Hasek-Davion, nominally prinent member of regional lord. However, she is also a foreign prince so his influence does not count normally (but as GM I'll ake Sari's life very interesting).