Author Topic: [IC] TOW - LAAF CIO - Port Moseby  (Read 28929 times)

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
  • prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
[IC] TOW - LAAF CIO - Port Moseby
« on: 24 July 2014, 16:25:19 »
This thread is a game thread for a PBP game

The players are Sentinemodo (GM) and Sichr, Netzgeist, Xzylvador, Dread Pirate and Minerva.

Please refrain from posting in this thread unless you are one of the players. All kind of feedback, comment, tactical advise, rules discussion is welcome in the sibling OOC thread.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
Re: [IC] TOW - LAAF CIO - Port Moseby
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2014, 16:42:38 »
3 July 2067, 0630 UTT (universal terran time)
121/249 PY, (days/days in year Planetary Year) 1200/1845 PT (hour/day length Planetary Time)
Port Moseby, Feintuch

Atten-shun sharp voice broke the silence of the dimly lighted conference room at the officers barrack of the Lyran Alliance Armed Forces military zone.

Inside on the folded chairs sat a Caucasian girl in a technician overall and an Asian soldier in a tanker vest. Through the doors entered an officer barking the command by the door and as the two snapped into positions two more officers followed.

at ease, lights went on.

Before them was a man that signed your transfer order Hauptmann-General Graf Niklas Osterhagen. The other officer is Kommandant Albert Hunkemöller, under whoose command you've been transferred. The announcing officer - Hauptmann by rank must be his XO.

Osterhagen looked thin, no that's wrong word, he looked like skeleton. Like he's been fasting for weeks or months. His hair turning grey. His eyes in constant move. His uniform probably haven't seen pressing in couple of days.

You probably wonder, why are you here. Let me start with telling you what I do. he talked fast, with a Scottish accent, and without wait for an answer or don't caring if there was any. I am responsible for commanding Skye's division of LIC. The two of you, have been qualified to work in this structure, due to your exceptional, proven and verified track record of patriotism and loyalty... and due to your outstanding skills.

LIC stand for Lyran Intelligence Forces. You wonder why you are here still. So let me explain further. LIC is divided into several divisions, one of them are Molehunters. Yes, they hunt down and kill spies and enemies of the nation. So why are you here? Simple. LIC is operating below acceptance. Molehunters are compromised - that I am sure of. We are just two months after civil war, and this is only official peace treaty, not everywhere the news has reached yet. All of our operatives were trained under common rule, and we are not sure whom to trust on whereas their loyalty lies. Verification takes time and national security cannot wait.

Kommandant Hunkemöller is one of the already verified operatives. He is veteran soldier and I'm certain he'll use your potential to your best ability. Your team got pilot and driver, medic, technician and an experienced field agent. All of you are combat capable and your skills allow combat replacements when needed.

This unit will be tagged as Counter Intelligence Operations and will operate independently from Molehunters proper, Kommandant will be responding directly to me....
for the first time he slowed his speech enough that they were able to catch up and think for a second

This is a one way journey soldiers. The House and the Army needs you and none of us have the luxury to reject.

Quote from: ooc
I understand that this part is a bit railroaded. At this point each of you gets a -3 In for Life trait. I do not expect any of you to public deny your acceptance, doing so in front of LIC officers would be foolish and would lead to prison or worse, but if you silently do not accept your assignment and will actively look for the way out "I did not sign up for this"-attitude, please PM me.

Your first mission is related to the transfer to this planet. Port Moseby is deepest Lyran owned system within Combine territory and we have a situation here. his staccato begun anew as the planets projection appeared with marked location of the capital city and star port.

Port Moseby is an ocean type planet circling on the fourth position around yellow-white dwarf F9V class star (slightly colder then the Sol of G2V). Port Moseby is having one rocky moon (named Kiwi) and two large continents (Aberrant and Java). The atmosphere is breathable and the gravity level is very close to Terran. The planet is housing almost 3 billions of souls.

A sprawling business center, Port Moseby is part major spaceport and part busy city. With a steady traffic of JumpShips flashing in and out of the system, this system is a hub of commerce. Being almost completely surrounded by the Draconis Combine enables it to be a port where Lyran and Draconis Combine merchants can buy and sell. It would be easier to say what is not traded on Port Moseby than what is. The Draconis Combine has many needs and wants and the merchants from the Commonwealth are more than willing to help them, with the usual fees, of course.

Planet's history is one of being under constant threat from the Draconis Combine and, more recently, the Clans. Port Moseby continues to serve as an important linchpin in the Lyran national defenses; while the planet lacks a standing garrison from the LAAF (until recently it was home to Third Royal Guards RCT), the planetary militia are confident that they can defend the world. Given the logistical and command importance of Port Moseby, it isn't surprising that the attitude of the militia is bolstered by the widely held belief that if the Clans or Combine should begin attacks on the Lyran Alliance again, Port Moseby will once more become the jump-off point for LAAF units.

Few weeks ago we were informed that one of our loyal businessmen will receive the intelligence material of significant importance. Red point appeared just north of the city. and a picture of an older grey haired man to the side of the marker. The nature of the material was yet undisclosed. The businessman does not want any official military support, as this could disrupt his trade relationships. We have directed there one of our civilian agents, and she is already on spot negotiating terms of passing the material. the man's picture was replaced with the picture of young elegantly dressed woman. So far he rejected disclosure, but remain adamant on passing it personally at the HQ on Tharkad. He agreed on discreet protection in the form of mercenary bodyguards during the material presence on the planet. It's arrived today. It's going to leave within two days via private owned dropship and jumpship. We'll arrange protection en route. Your mission is to ensure safety of the material here on Port Moseby and the safety of the businessmen. Hauptmann will present the details. Hauptmann-General leaves without any form of good-bye, the lights go off fully, and a projection gives place to the screen behind it presenting data.

Intel report
VIP: Kelvin Horst, CEO of Horst Metals Entrps.
Manfacturing and trading company with offices in Lyran Alliance, Federated Suns and Draconis Combine. HQ - Port Moseby.
Kelvin (70 years old) white haired, middle built, has a reputation of a ruthless and aggressive interstellar trader.
Lives in Horstwald - palatial country estate built in hills north of Feintuch's starport.
Classified: Horst is known (but has not been trialed for it) to earn at least part of his money through smuggling operations on Steiner-Combine border. So far those operations have not had directly threatened national security.

Sendic Henning (26 years old) - Kelvin's trusted assistant - tall, handsome man, representing him on most meetings, holding much influence over the Horst Metals Entrps. Lives with him in the Horstwald, he decides on most matters and decides what other matters are presented directly to the busy entrepreneur.
Classified: Sendic is known to meet both man and women on private meetings, he has also depositing significant amount of money on accounts external to the Horst Metal Enterps. There is a strong suspicion he leaks some money of the company to his private account. It is unknown whether Kelvin is aware of that.

Sir Thorsten Meier (60 years old) - personal doctor and friend - fat old man, routinely sleeping in the Horst's guest quarters. Widow and prone to abusing alcohol. Supposedly he met Kelvin 40 years ago and the two became close friends. Doctor takes personal care over Kelvin and after death of his wife practically moved in. Has a reputation of professional legend, author and co-author of multiple books on cancer treatment. For his achievements he received Knight Banneret title.
Classified: Doctor's abuse of alcohol goes several decades already. It could have been the reason of the hovercar crash in 3051, that ended in his wife death - judges found him not guilty, they prosecutor claimed the victim was driving. He was also trialed after a patient death after surgery in 3054, under charges of being under influence of alcohol or other chemicals, but again sentenced not guilty - the test used to verify the alcohol presence has passed it usable date and the blood sample went missing."

Horst has his own force of 20 servants and bodyguards that were negotiated to be under your command.

LIC civilian agent - Dame Minerva Imogen Cymbeline, Baronetess of Lakefield. - her loyalty to the Archon family is unquestionable. Despite young age, she is already a known figure in the lawyers world. She needs to be protected from harm and her relationship with LIC must be also kept hidden.

Mission:
Plan A. expected enemy none.
This should be routine sentry duty, but due to importance and context related to intelligence assets, require additional precautions.
Mission: sentry, deliver the package to the Star Port at the Horst discretion. Fall back plan B.

Plan B. personel class attack.
Horst's expects enemy operatives to try to seize the package.
Mission: protect the package and Horst. Deliver the package to the Star Port at the Horst discretion. Fall back plan C.

Plan C. 'mech class attack
There are no 'mech sized vehicles on the continent that are outside control of Planetary Militia. Possibilities:
a) takeover, someone could steal one or more of the Lyran Battlemechs and use them to attack the Horstadt
b) coordinated drop, someone could sneak to the planet surface via pirate jump point and perfom combat drop
c) lacking Battlemech other less visible assets - tanks, aircraft, battlearmors, infantry - might be used.
while ranging in probablilty of each of the threats, the general response is to deliver distress call to summon Planetary Militia. Recon Lance will be kept on duty at the space port. They need ten minutes to arrive, and should be able to mop anything on the planet or at least give you cover to escape.
Mission: protect the package and Horst and escape to the Star Port. No further fall back plans."

Special equipment:
for the mission's transport a Mantis Light Military Medic VTOL has been assigned.
it is a modified version of Mantis Light Attack model that has been equipped with a transport area for six passengers and fully working life support unit instead of Guardian ECM.

You got 30 minutes to finish debriefing and report at the VTOL landing pad.
« Last Edit: 25 July 2014, 03:59:43 by sentinemodo »

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2014, 14:24:44 »
Albert -Kommander Hunkemöller- was a little startled when the Hauptman-General left the remainder of the briefing to him so suddenly.
His head was still filled with questions of his own and his mind had been mulling over the reason this new unit had apparently been so hastily assembled -not to mention the out of the ordinary assortment of members it consisted of for an intelligence operation- instead of focusing on the senior officer's presentation, which was a repetition of the information he'd been given only a few hours earlier.

Nevertheless, he maintained his straight military posture, promptly saluted the Hauptman-General as the man walked past towards the exit of the briefing room and took over the remainder of the presentation without skipping a beat; presenting the unit he'd been placed in charge of with the information he'd already memorised and which was displayed on the projections with a little less panache than he would have liked.
But he'd never really been good at that sort of stuff anyway. There was little need for flair and enthusiasm in the kind of presentations he was used to giving; surgery and medicine -his primary expertise- was all about cold, hard facts. Anything else was a distraction which could cost lives.

As he finished his presentation, visibly satisfied at the mention of the modifications that had been done on their VTOL, he looked at 'his' crew.
"Departure is in 25 minutes; since none of you had much time to unload your personal gear and get settled in, I do not believe this will be a problem. So I suggest we use that time to get the first questions and remarks out of the way.
But perhaps first, since this is our first time working together, some form of introduction is in order. Since I've already had the opportunity to peruse your files and have you at a disadvantage, I will begin.
I am Kommander Albert Hunkemöller and I have been placed in charge of this unit. Apart from my function as an Intelligence Officer, I am primarily specialized as a military doctor, both on the field and in hospitals.
I do not believe I'm a difficult man to work under but I do take my orders very serious and expect you to do the same. That said, I do believe that every member of a unit can and should contribute equally towards achieving the goal set in front of them and that each should be able to trust on the others that they're giving it all they got, whether they're working in an ER or performing Intelligence Ops on a foreign planet. So if you have something to say or do which could help progress our mission and advance the Lyran cause, I expect you to act, regardless your rank or specialties.
You work with me and I'll have your back, no matter what. You slack off on the job; putting me, my unit or my mission in jeopardy; and you'll be lucky to be spending the rest of your careers emptying bedpans in Forkas Military Hospital for War Veterans. Those men have quite some amazing stories to share. I look forward to working with you on this mission."

It was clear that he had ended his own introduction and was expecting someone to take over.
« Last Edit: 29 July 2014, 02:31:41 by Xzylvador »

Sichr

• Corporal
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA, ZMRDI!!!
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2014, 16:09:03 »
Sir, Ono Sendai at your service, Sir.

Tall, dark man with asiatic traits, stands up to salute the officer. His posture is right from the book, his tone respectfull and calm

I`ll take care of your wings. Before I go to check our bird before we take off, I just want to make one thing clear. Despite my origin, I was granted my share of Draconis care, and I am loyal member of Lyran forces, serving with the men who set me free. This was recognized by the fact that I was invited to this party, so I hope I will not have to deal with any remarks on this topic or questioning my loyalty. Please, be prepared to use your autority to maintain order in such situations, otherwise I will answer the insult the only way appropriate.
Don`t cry because it`s over. Smile because it happened!

Netzgeist

• Recruit
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2014, 21:54:34 »
"Rebecca NiRoy at your command, sir."

Nothing about the girl calls out "military". Yet, strangely as it could be, she was trying to play the part. She was not disrespectful, but her intonation could be considered "not yet proper" (something she heard to exhaustion during her days in the Academy).

The introduction of the Ono Sendai left her a little perplexed, as she had the impression the Hauptmann-General had made it clear their loyalties were not being contested - heck, that's one of the things that should have been responsible on putting them in this unit. She was not yet sure what were the other factors, at least where she was concerned.

"I'm the assigned technician, sir, and I'll be responsible for keeping the equipment that falls within my field of expertise in working conditions, as well as rigging and improvising whatever is deemed necessary in the field. I may say, tough, that although I can be regarded as versatile on my operational knowledge, some would call me green on the field, and they wouldn't be wrong."

Rebecca knew that her remark would not make the best impression she could, but she couldn't help minding her concern.

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2014, 02:49:17 »
"I wouldn't worry about that, Private NiRoy. This is an intelligence operation, not a military field op. Green may just be a good sort of camouflage. Stars and stripes can be shiny but tend to attract attention as well.", Kommandant Hunkemöller replied.
"Same goes to you, Private Sendai. I don't give a rats ass if you're white, yellow or red-polka dot purple; if your loyalty had been in question you wouldn't be sitting there. To me, it seems like it's just another useful way to stay below the radar. I suggest you use it to your advantage.", Albert replied calmly, but his face grew more grim as he approached his last sentence.
"But I'll give you ONE warning against threatening an officer, or any member of this unit, again; no matter how subtle you may think you're putting it. Now I understand some of the guys at Armed Forces ain't exactly so understanding and that you're a bit touchy on the subject, so I'll let it slide this one time. But if you think Armed Forces can react a bit harshly toward that kind of thing, I'll suggest you take a moment to consider what Intelligence, and especially Counter-Espionage, considers an 'appropriate answer' to insubordination."
« Last Edit: 29 July 2014, 06:34:36 by Xzylvador »

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2014, 06:03:45 »
Sir, yes, Sir. In fact I wasnt worried about my crew fellows. I just hope I won't have to kill some home defense forces jerk or package's household member. Ono studies his perfectly polished boots for a second, then he looks straight ahead...
Sir. Now I understand, sir. I'll use it as an advantage to fool the enemy. I'll have to adapt to this line of duty.
With those words, pt. Sendai starts to strip his uniform of all Lyran army insignias. Once he is done, he relaxes his posture, puting his hands in the pockets.
One more thing...how should I address you, sir?
Suddenly, "sir" sounds more like "dude" when Ono uses it...
« Last Edit: 29 July 2014, 07:23:09 by Sichr »

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #7 on: 29 July 2014, 14:16:14 »
Albert frowned. "Is there something wrong with the normal protocol, Private? Or did you mean in our function as mercenary bodyguards? I was going to suggest waiting with mission-specific details until we get the safe line with our civilian LIC agent established."
He turned to his XO, who hadn't had a chance to introduce himself yet, and instructed him to go find the comms officer, find out what was causing the delay and get that line established posthaste.
Turning his attention back towards Ono, he continued. "But while we're working as mercs, I suppose Albert will suffice. Or even Al... or Doc. Whichever fits best."

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 29 July 2014, 14:40:19 »
It take's less than a minute for the communication duty officer to setup the line. The screen flickered with a picture of Baronetess Minerva and the initial noise from encryption give place to the clear voice.

the call is to the fixed line of the Horstwald. She has been called to the phone, and the encryption is a one time code being negotiated by the military ends based on the Minerva's voice pattern.
usual risk. Horstwald can be intercepting the call and decoding it on its own.
secondary while she is in a private room, there is nothing preventing her from being eavesdropped in a normal way by the means of servant or bodyguard listening through the doors.

one last comment. while none of you have any mercenary protocol skill, they are military units, so the ranks exists there as well, it might seem uncommon that your unit wouldn't have ranks, or at least a leader.

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 29 July 2014, 15:54:54 »
It take's less than a minute for the communication duty officer to setup the line. The screen flickered with a picture of Baronetess Minerva and the initial noise from encryption give place to the clear voice.

You can see a statuesque woman with milky white skin and bluest eyes you have ever seen. She wears her long and perfect blond hair with the tight bun for the day long business professional look. To be honest, she comes across someone you see in "The Next Top 50 Women Managers" list of Fortune & Fame business magazine.

Defiance Industries, Legal Department, Conciliator, Dame Minerva Imogen Cymbeline, Baronetess of Lakefield speaking. How do you do?

« Last Edit: 29 July 2014, 16:51:42 by Minerva »

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #10 on: 29 July 2014, 16:08:36 »
Al, yes, Al.
Eeehh. I need to work on this. And yes, I meant once we are undercover. Si.eeerrr....Doc. Call me Wings. that would be suitable for mercs. At least I hope.
Permission to check the bird now?...Doc?

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #11 on: 01 August 2014, 13:47:15 »
The way the civilian LIC agent answered the call threw Albert off balance for a moment. He had expected a safe way to communicate with the agent they were supposed to be working with, but it seemed the woman wasn't so convinced about the level of privacy. Had she failed to prepare properly, was she not informed of the time she should be expecting his call, did she suspect she was being watched... Albert hesitated, waited too long to answer and he knew it. Still, the only way to go was forward. And if he'd started off erroneously, maybe continuing the wrong way would be the best way to cover his confusion.
"Huh..., what? Oh. Christ, lady, that was a long introduction. I'm Albert, doin' just fine and dandy. Thanks for asking. But kind of in a hurry. We got your advance and depart in 20 minutes. Just calling in to check if everything's still on the way we arranged and if there were any other ways we could make ourselves useful. Any things you need or any last minute changes we should know off?"

He switched off the microphone for a second and gestured toward the door with his head in reply to Ono's question. "Sure, if you think that's where you need to be now, go."

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 01 August 2014, 15:14:29 »
The way the civilian LIC agent answered the call threw Albert off balance for a moment. He had expected a safe way to communicate with the agent they were supposed to be working with, but it seemed the woman wasn't so convinced about the level of privacy. Had she failed to prepare properly, was she not informed of the time she should be expecting his call, did she suspect she was being watched... Albert hesitated, waited too long to answer and he knew it. Still, the only way to go was forward. And if he'd started off erroneously, maybe continuing the wrong way would be the best way to cover his confusion.
"Huh..., what? Oh. Christ, lady, that was a long introduction. I'm Albert, doin' just fine and dandy. Thanks for asking. But kind of in a hurry. We got your advance and depart in 20 minutes. Just calling in to check if everything's still on the way we arranged and if there were any other ways we could make ourselves useful. Any things you need or any last minute changes we should know off?"

He switched off the microphone for a second and gestured toward the door with his head in reply to Ono's question. "Sure, if you think that's where you need to be now, go."

Minerva carefully avoids using code word that she has been tortured ("tomboy") but she uses a code phrase that she is not certain the line is absolutely secure ("I think I am a bit of loss here.").

I see. I think I am bit of a loss here concerning precise arrival of your supporting group. However, I have rented office space for your administrative team to use in Feintuch Spaceport Business Park. Exact address will be Floor 14, Office 1405. There are two vehicles for you as well. Office has a secretary from local manpower rental agency who should be able to show you necessary details including hotels and such. I think we can find time to meet there to discuss corporate synergy issues.

I am initiating negotiations on my own initiative about business proposal and will integrate current situation with your group upon your arrival. I need to stress importance of good corporate relations and I seek to establish them immediately.

Do you think this would cause problems with your corporate performance expectations for this quarter or would you need to consult me personally in office beforehand?

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 01 August 2014, 15:31:09 »

As soon as Ono got to the helipad he marveled in silence.
The bird was beautiful. Pristine condition, state of the art light VTOL. Painted camospec green, but with visible red cross and  civilian signatures on the sides.

It was far from civilian vehicle though, the five tubes of the Diverse Optics, Extended range Laser should give a pause even a medium sized 'mechs, most VTOLs twice her size were packing less armament. The powerful thrusters of the Galas 70 Micro-Fusion engine promised thrust well above most vehicles could deliver. But it was still surprise to see the amount of armor that this babe has been carrying. Ono was certain, that the front slabs should withstand even a direct hit from a particle projector cannon, feat most ground vehicles cannot claim.

The codes enabled him to open the hatch and start the electronics ... self tests ... passed all green.
A screen in the cockpit enabled view into the passenger bay .. looking more like an ambulance equipped to deliver open heart surgery, but for what it count it had space for a patient and six additional passenger seats with further space for a lot of small cargo.

He never saw this kind of beauty. The best thing he had flown so far were designed five decades before this one was constructed.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #14 on: 01 August 2014, 15:53:58 »
Meanwhile in the conference room, Hauptmann-General adiutant run in.
Herr Kommandant, orders for you.

To: Kommandant Albert Hunkemöller
Date: 3 July 2067, 0645 UTT

Kommandant, your XO, Hauptmann Godric Weissmuller has been transferred under my direct command.
I understand it's unfortunate that you're left without any experienced field agent minutes before missions, but matter of higher importance took place.

Carry on with your current assignment. Reassignment of Hauptmann Weissmuller or assignment of a replacement officer will take place as soon as possible. 

Will there be a reply Herr Kommandant?

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #15 on: 02 August 2014, 07:17:20 »
"Hang on a sec." The civilian could wait for a general.
Albert read the text on the tablet and managed to prevent himself from cursing out loud; but it wasn't easy.
An officer and their only -real- agent, pulled at the last second? The timing was suspicious. Was he a mole, had he leaked information? It certainly fit. Details about this mission had only been given a few hours ago and the mission didn't take long, so there was only a small window of time for a spy to operate; did that force his hand, making him act hastily and blow his cover? Or it could just mean that he'd gotten another assignment. As the General said, LIC was short on capable, trustworthy agents.
One man less meant having one pair of hands, eyes and ears less. The job seemed easy enough, but you could never be sure what to expect.
Nothing to do about it.
"No, that won't be necessary. Please inform the Hauptmann-General that we will carry out the assignment as ordered."
Albert handed back the tablet and sent the messenger away before continuing his other conversation. "That will be all, thank you, adjudant."

Returning to the microphone, he said "Nah, don't you worry about our results, we got people of our own for that. You do what you do, we'll do our part once we arrive.
Speaking of our part; we'll be one person fewer than planned. Orders from management, you know how it is. But I don't suppose that should be a problem, right? I'm sure the numbers will all add up easy as pie and we'll be out of your hair in a jiffy.
I would kinda like to go over some stuff with you before my guys and I start doing our thing, though. Make sure we're all on the same line, you know."
« Last Edit: 02 August 2014, 07:19:01 by Xzylvador »

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: 02 August 2014, 09:24:13 »
Returning to the microphone, he said "Nah, don't you worry about our results, we got people of our own for that. You do what you do, we'll do our part once we arrive.
Speaking of our part; we'll be one person fewer than planned. Orders from management, you know how it is. But I don't suppose that should be a problem, right? I'm sure the numbers will all add up easy as pie and we'll be out of your hair in a jiffy.
I would kinda like to go over some stuff with you before my guys and I start doing our thing, though. Make sure we're all on the same line, you know."

Minerva nodded looking you now with a standard bitchy resting face she reserved for rif et raf. You can see that her cheek is twitching lightly upon hearing last minute change.

I continue the things on my end on my own initiative to satisfy overall corporate vision until we can synchronize the project milestones in person.

I also understand that any change in available corporate resources naturally affects your administrative support team and as such we should review the assets at hand and their proper utilization rate before any commitment.

You can see her going through her very latest corporate productivity software on her very latest corporate productivity gadget as if looking for her future engagements.

I think I can accommodate a meeting with you and/or your team tomorrow at 14:00 onward for two hours in Business Park within Office 1405. Will that suit you as well?

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #17 on: 02 August 2014, 13:58:36 »
"Sure, whatever you say. I ain't the type to leave a lady waiting.", Albert replied.
He wondered for a moment if the woman's face was an act or if she always used that look for anyone without a title.

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 02 August 2014, 14:23:45 »
"Sure, whatever you say. I ain't the type to leave a lady waiting.", Albert replied.
He wondered for a moment if the woman's face was an act or if she always used that look for anyone without a title.

Thank you for your time. Good bye.

Minerva closed the communications and pondered the meaning of call for a moment. Things seemed to go forwards as they should. However, it was also important to build a suitable cover for the act of meeting with the supporting team and to cover her eventual exit from arena. It all started with a phone call to Sendic Henning...

"Oh hello, Mr. Henning. I am so sorry to disturb you at this moment but I have to leave tomorrow at about noon to go to city for afternoon. I need to sign some papers for hiring some temporary workers. Could you please be so kind and lend me a helicopter so I can go directly to my office? I'll promise I make it up to you, a business dinner perhaps or evening in a nightclub? We'll put it all on my expense account."

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #19 on: 02 August 2014, 15:18:50 »
"Oh hello, Mr. Henning. I am so sorry to disturb you at this moment but I have to leave tomorrow at about noon to go to city for afternoon. I need to sign some papers for hiring some temporary workers. Could you please be so kind and lend me a helicopter so I can go directly to my office? I'll promise I make it up to you, a business dinner perhaps or evening in a nightclub? We'll put it all on my expense account."

Of course Dame Cymbeline. We'll time it with Mr. Horsts departure. I'm afraid the helicopter will be needed but I'll reserve one of the limousines for you.

By the way, I'll come to the manor in five. I believe the mercenaries you contracted for us should be arriving soon.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #20 on: 02 August 2014, 15:19:42 »
3 July 2067, 0730 UTT
121/249 PY 1300/1845 PT
Port Moseby,  Horstwald 20 km north of Feintuch

Following the mission schedule, they've loaded onto Mantis, and to the utmost enjoyment of Ono, he could finally takeoff.
Immediately he turned north, and tested the speed of climbing and general feel of the VTOL piloting.

Shortly after, and right on schedule, Ono managed to do a circle over the estate's grounds before landing on a designated spot.

The entire area was surrounded by a three meter tall wall and the area was large enough to include several hectares of woods and large pool of water. Everything was covered in well maintained grass and planted trees.

The central building was a lavish three floor mansion looking both expensive and old. There was even a small pool behind it. On it's west side connected to the main building was a visibly newer addition - a two floor wing. There were several smaller houses to the west side of the estate (smaller, but still large enough to house a family inside).

Nearby VTOL landing pad a solid structure has been built in a style similar to the west wing of the main house - it's most probably some kind of utility building.

Two figures were waiting for them - a man that you recognized as Sendic Henning and a Dame Minerva Cymbeline. Two armed bodyguards were behind them and more personnel seemed to wander about the estates (most notably near the gate and near the smaller houses).

As soon as they've touched down and the rotor slowed, the man run toward them. Welcome. Right on time. Herr Horst will like that, he's already awaiting you in his office.

He went back few steps and waited to lead them but observing both them and Dame Minerva.
« Last Edit: 03 August 2014, 03:47:23 by sentinemodo »

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 02 August 2014, 15:35:44 »
Of course Dame Cymbeline. We'll time it with Mr. Horsts departure. I'm afraid the helicopter will be needed but I'll reserve one of the limousines for you.

Oh thank you for help. I was in a bit of a bind.

By the way, I'll come to the manor in five. I believe the mercenaries you contracted for us should be arriving soon.

Minerva just saw her time table blowing up within her eyes. Thus she immediately talked to phone enthusiastically.

Good. I hope if we could meet these private military contractors together. I would like to see us all do a quick meeting so we can initiate security side of things to go forwards at brisk pace.

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #22 on: 03 August 2014, 04:57:51 »
When he saw the bird for the first time, Ono felt a bit down. Amazing asss it is, it screams "army equipement" on everyone. That would make their "Mercenary squad" cover a bit harder to believe. For a moment he thought about emptying his rifle on the bird, making it at least look like it had seen some action...small arms fire shouldnt be able to deal any real damage. Once he enters the cockpit a layed his hands on controls, his soul and mind calmed down.

Ok. Let them come.

During the flight to the manor he practiced a bit, trying a few difficult maneuvers and familiarizing hself witth engine thrust and maneverability. As they were approaching lz, he was sure he can use the plane to every team's need.

Netzgeist

• Recruit
« Reply #23 on: 03 August 2014, 08:44:51 »
Rebecca observed the exchange between the Kommandant and their civilian contact attentionally, but without participating in it at all. She was busy watching the thing unfold and making her mental exercises to start getting her feet wet. Right now, she was quite calm, but she wanted to be sure she could keep her cool on the real world called for her.

During the flight, she took her time to sort her equipment and see if the operational conditions of everything. Satisfied, she appreciated the situation and let some of her preoccupations go.

"I was thinking about what you said back in the tent" - she was adressing Ono, but saying to no one in particular, remembering the talk about the proper way to call each other during this covert mission. Mercenaries could as well use patents, but would most certainly be less strict on their dealings and callings - "and you can call me Red."

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: 03 August 2014, 14:43:16 »
Arrival of the VTOL had forced Minerva to put on her next season's sunglasses. After all, they protected her eyes from tiny particles of dust that rose whenever VTOL made landing. Her face as as bitchy as always in these situations and these ... people.

After the necessary check-ups that any professional flying included she looked at this motley crew which was obviously doing its best to look like something cheapest bidder would send to babysit high end corporate clients. It was rather obvious they did look the part least.

Minerva talked loud enough for all (including local service personnel to hear) and with pitch perfect Tharkad accent that you usually hear in news casts, yet her voice had slightly unemotional tone. Welcome to the service of Defiance Industries and our corporate partners. I am Dame Minerva Cymbeline and we are on a tight schedule. Mr. Horst would like to see you and discuss on corporate security issues. Please follow us.

Without letting you time to really answer she is already pointing Mr. Henning to show the way...

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #25 on: 04 August 2014, 06:11:23 »
Albert easily jumped out of the Mantis and calmly walked toward his hosts, nodding at them as his way of a 'formal' greeting.
"Hi! You're the lady I talked to on the line, right?", he asked, shamelessly letting his eyes going over her figure and showing that he liked what he was seeing. "Sure is nice to see you in person."

He seemed entirely unfazed by the woman's somewhat cold greeting and even as she and the young man were already turning their backs toward him, expecting him to follow, he casually walked along with them without interrupting his introduction.

He pointed to himself with his thumb. "I'm Albert, chief of The 'Runners; don't ask me why the apostrophe's there, supposedly the name's short for something but I just kinda inherited the name."
Pointing to the young woman stepping out of the VTOL behind him, he introduced "Red, our crew's grease monkey.
And the guy playing with the joystick likes to be called Wings. I'm sure he'll follow us once he's said goodbye to his new bird; pilots... you know how they can get.
Had a fourth, but he couldn't make it on the trip. But from what I get this job's supposed to be pretty quiet, huh?"
« Last Edit: 04 August 2014, 06:13:21 by Xzylvador »

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #26 on: 04 August 2014, 09:38:10 »
Ono jumps out of the CockPit, landing easy like a cat on the concrete, more dancer, than a stomper. His posture us relaxed but straight, when he recognizes presence of a woman in civilian dress with polite bow, exactly as polite as she recognizes that he accepts her as equal.

Ah yes. Pilots and their JoySticks...

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #27 on: 04 August 2014, 14:34:23 »
The gate to the mansion was closed.  Instead of taking it Henning led them to the west wing of the main building.
They entered to an open foyer with marble floors and a broad sweeping staircase leading to the second floor. Plants, tapestries, painting were ostentatious in a display of the owner's wealth.

interest/art skill check please

Henning led right passing by the stairs, through similarly decorated office manned by mid-twenty years old woman in a suit. Recognizing Sendic she immediately stood up, signaled him to wait, knocked up to the large wooden doors and sneaked inside.

Moment later she reappeared, and said Herr Horsts warten auf Sie. She opened the doors and lets you inside large conference room.

The room was easily 20 meters long, probably more, table made of dark wood takes about two third of the rooms length with a matching set of chairs on both sides. On the wall at the far end of the room a large logo of Horst Metal Enterprises was displayed. At the end of the room stood a white haired man that they identified as Kelvin Horst. He was standing in the light of the small balcony, his face hidden by the shadow, but the whites of his eyes were clearly taxing you. Without taking his eyes from Ono he addressed the Baronetess in a harsh worn voice.

Frau Cymbeline. Ich verstehe, that those are the men you brokered.
Sendic close the doors.

He waited a moment, but clearly wasn't expecting any kind of answer yet. The eyes on Ono seemed to weight a ton - the sudden click of the locking maglocks on the doors - made him feel cornered. There wasn't much hope if there was a small block of explosives just under their feet. Sendic was far enough to be saved ... but Kelvin begun to speak again.
I am not fond of bullshitting so spare me. You're from LIC. I was hoping for regular military, but it seems it is too difficult for some people to grease off from thing they need not know.

I hope you got your roles practiced, you'll be able to practice them more during the job. Nobody outside this room may know. Ist das klar? You're just a mercenaries. Ex-army, bar-bouncer, I don't care. Your last link to LAAF is the barfight you had ten year ago. To make the ploy more probable you'll be paid 3 000 Cb per head. Go ahead and talk to yourself about it when outside of this room so somebody overhears. It's enough to make those people jealous of your pay. Greed blinds people, maybe they'll oversee your acting.

Which one of you is commanding officer? Kommen Sie...

The trivid display went on displaying the estate. Red recognized that it is an older model - built into the conference room systems probably five years ago.

technician/electronics skill check please

Ich möchte ... I want you to reinforce my guards. Sendic commands them, but consider him your seargant, corporal or whatever. Sendic you hear? Do as they want. If they screw up they'll get their asses handed to them by the General-Hauptmann-Graf-Corporal - he clearly knew Osterhagen and didn't respect him very much, but that might be by extension to the entire LIC, Lyran military, Lyran Alliance or universe. The package is here - he pointed at the basement at the room marked vault on the trid presentation. It needs to stay there until tomorrow. Make sure it does. I don't expect it really, but I wouldn't put it past your kind this was evidently directed at Ono and there was something venomous in the way he said it to attempt a blatant theft and I wouldn't be that old if I hadn't took precautions.

He straightened up and despite he wasn't a tall man to begin with and the age he shrunk and wrinkled he seemed to fill the space. Fragen?

security systems, tactics skills check please.
any other are of course welcome
« Last Edit: 04 August 2014, 14:36:52 by sentinemodo »

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #28 on: 04 August 2014, 16:45:45 »
OOC: thx. difficult to find in text when on phone

Ono was mentaly prepared for this to happen. He maintained inner calm, using every gram of his training and discipline to maintain the focus on the mission. This ****** is a mission. No matter how hard would this gesindel try, he wont make Sendai fail. He looks at his CO and expect him to handle the situation with propper manners. On the background, he just think about this shithole as about nice target for orbital bombardement or mech squad assault.
« Last Edit: 04 August 2014, 16:56:02 by Sichr »

Netzgeist

• Recruit
« Reply #29 on: 04 August 2014, 18:10:23 »
"Red" NiRoy jumped out of the VTOL following her "chief", and observed the 'direct and not one word more' attitude of Dame Minerva... it brought back memories. It's true Rebecca may never had met someone with her status, but the posture was simulated by a lot of people during her school days - and weren't all this 'nobility-taking-themselves-too-seriously' not all a simulated act, she wondered?

Anyway, she gladly walked quietly along the others to the manor. Entering, she made no effort to hide her curiosity on the place, taking all it's luxury into account - but ultimately more interested on its overall security.

When Kelvin's eyes darted Ono and his words were directed at them, she felt strangely at ease. She didn't like working for arrogant and bullying people, but that was something she just knew how to work under. A grin formed in her lips as she observed, without a word, the trivid representation of the manor.

Quote from: Technician/Electronics Skill Check
2d6 roll = 5
5 (dice roll) + 4 (skill score) = 9, which is equal to the TN.
Is that ok?

Quote from: Tactics/Infantry Skill Check
2d6 roll = 9
9 (dice roll) + 2 (skill score) = 11, greater than the TN (9).

Register